PDA

View Full Version : Just got an Evo II hopper, have some questions for other owners

TigerMan
07-26-2003, 04:29 PM
Well today I finally got an Eggy II hopper and I like it a lot. Feed rate is excellent. However I have one gripe, the lid. It's impossible for me to reaload on the field because I either have to put the gun down, or between my legs. It's very time consuming. So do any of you owners have any special ways of loading or such? Or can the springs in the lid be removed? Other than that I think the hopper is great. Thanks for the help.

poolshark5226
07-26-2003, 04:42 PM
the lid snaps down

TigerMan
07-26-2003, 04:43 PM
It does? Let me got check it out.

pookachu32
07-26-2003, 04:48 PM
Try sanding down the small lip/tab that hold the lid in place. That way it won't take as much force to open it. Also do the same to the lip on the back part of the hopper. So closing the lid will be just as easy as opening it. People have done this and they only use a couple of fingers to slide the lid open/close. Other than that, your just gonna have to get used to loading. I had an egg2, took me forever to sand down the feedneck and the two lips. Then the electronics went down on me on my second day of using it. I hope you have better luck than I did.

TigerMan
07-26-2003, 05:17 PM
Lol I just went and looked and realized it now. Lol I feel like a newb. Thanks for giving me the heads up. I may try the sanding down of the lid. I'm a little tired of sanding though, after all the sanding I had to do to get it to fit my LCD's feed tube.

sps16
07-26-2003, 05:21 PM
its hard at first but you have to work it, just open and close it a lot

Duke Henry
07-26-2003, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by TigerMan
Lol I just went and looked and realized it now. Lol I feel like a newb. Thanks for giving me the heads up. I may try the sanding down of the lid. I'm a little tired of sanding though, after all the sanding I had to do to get it to fit my LCD's feed tube.

If you unscrew the side screws (that hold the lid springs in), it will become easier to open. Everyone I know adjusts the screws a bit to find their personal fav position...

rikkter
07-26-2003, 06:06 PM
i took the springs out on mine, works perfectly fine so far.

SIGSays
07-26-2003, 06:11 PM
lol.. just found out the snapping action!... iused to think it was a pain cuz i didn't know.. but i was lucky to figure it out before i hit the field

Spartan X
07-26-2003, 06:13 PM
When loading I just pull it down, load it, while I'm still firing, then use the end of the pod to hit the door and it closes.

aaron_mag
07-26-2003, 10:12 PM
Quit sanding. If you have angel feed necks buy the feed neck with O-rings from Action Markers. I bought it and it is very nice. You just stick the hopper in there and you have a tight fit with no sanding.

Think about it. We spend all this money on electronic markers and loaders then suddenly you are supposed to break out sand paper? It just doesn't make sense.

Here is the link below. It is called the Vari Grip feed neck and for $30 I think it is well worth it. I can't stand all the darn sanding!

http://www.actionmarkerssales.peachhost.com/ct_CG28266222.htm

cris8762
07-26-2003, 10:58 PM
i took the springs outta mine, but i play back so i dont go sliding into bunkers all that often that the lid might open

Skoad
07-27-2003, 12:50 AM
i took the springs out of mine too. Haven't had it pop open yet.

Machina123
07-27-2003, 11:58 AM
i got mine yesterday and i already broke it. i turned the speed up with the adjustment thing and i guess i twisted to far, it literealy twisted off luckily the speed is allt the way up, they shouldnt make adjustment knobs esbecially screw ones plastic, but other than that its great, paint gets everywhere in it, but it cured my cocker chopping problems. im gonna say its worth teh money.

AL3X OAKL3Y
07-27-2003, 12:21 PM
i play front and have had it wiht and without the sprigs.. they are mostly just for the lid to snap shut
i leave my egg open.. not completely but i close the lid just up to the lip where it locks and so i just pull back to reload works great and has never come open in a game on me wiht or without springs and i play front.... aggressively:p