PDA

View Full Version : Manual mode to save the day

tony emerson
07-26-2003, 06:04 PM
So I quickly did a search for this and with all of the E-mag type guns there has to be a ton of stories about the wonderfull ability to switch to manual mode but I didnt see too many so if you have any please post them

magman007
07-26-2003, 06:22 PM
you see the thing is, i dont think ive hever had to do it on the field?

SIGSays
07-26-2003, 06:31 PM
they always do

rikkter
07-26-2003, 08:38 PM
i've had to, i went up to maine for 2 weeks for vacation, and at the two fields i went to, gun hits didn't count, so. but i ended up getting paint in the battery, and was on one of the contacts, started not shooting in electric. so switched over.

Halliday
07-26-2003, 09:37 PM
I have been reffing more this year than ever. I'm lucky if I get to play 1 full day a month, and that's at the same field I work at. So if they are short handed and I'm there trying to play.... well out comes the orange REF shirt. That's my setup trying to explain how bad I wanted to play this day.

So, I was at the field playing RecBall then. The E-Mag was working great, until... I tripped. The grass in the woods has grown about 2' tall, and while on the breakout I was plowing through some grass and tripped over a root. I landed palms down, giving the E-Mag a good slam into the ground.

I picked myself up and made it to cover. Then I checked out my E-Mag. Other than a bit of dirt it seemed fine. A few seconds later I found a target and started unloading on him. About 1 ball came out and then my E-Mag just clicked.

I dug into my cover some more and checked for the problem. Detent, fine. Balls, loaded. Air, full. Still set on "E" mode. I tried a couple more shots, and was only getting 1 shot out and then misfires. I was stumped. I kept messing with it a few more seconds, then I had an idea!

I flipped it to Hybrid, and it shot fine. I took out the two guys on my right and swept up the field. I ran it all day on Hybrid and did not have any more problems. I had always used E-mode before, but I think I kinda like Hybrid-mode now.

The moral of my story is, even when my E-Mag went down all I had to do was make my brain say, "Flip the switch dummy" and I was back in business. No other marker has that backup and it kept me playing in one of the few game days I seem to get anymore.

(PS: I' was not totally sure what was up with my E-Mag. When I was working on it at home I saw the "Low Batt" signal. I'd never seen that before. I've only ever charged it once in the 5 months I've had it. I'm thinking it didn't have enough juice for E-mode, but it did for Hybrid. I have since then figured out it was just a dead battery.)

rikkter
07-26-2003, 10:21 PM
that reminds me. besides the paiint thing in my post, my battery was low, but the gun wasn't giving me the low batt sign at all. i charged it up for like 5 minutes, put it back on the gun, and voila, it worked. so i charged it all the way, but, jsut wondering why it didn't say low batt

Top Secret
07-26-2003, 10:24 PM
If you find the video of PaintballResource.org at IAO 2k2, you can see that I couldn't get my gun to fire, and while checking it over, I managed to miss the battery pin. I flipped the switch and shot out 4 of the 7 guys on Team Prodigy.

Clockwork_Orange
07-27-2003, 11:57 AM
Is the mech to emode patented by AGD? Just wondering.

xmetal2001
07-27-2003, 02:35 PM
My friend is a complete moron(I hope he reads this) and never charges his battery, therefore due to the incredible E-Mag, when we arrive at a tournament and his battery isn't charged he can just switch to manual.

(I cannot remember the last time he played with a charged battery)