PDA

View Full Version : Emag ball detent...again

unclebingo
07-27-2003, 12:31 AM
Hey guys, me Emag ball detent is giving me major fits!
Here's my setup: Emag, EvII loader, freak barrel.
I'm having problems with double feeds. I removed the stock ball detent and it seems to be sticking occassionally. No problem. I picked up a couple of Angel detents and installed one. Same problem. Matter of fact, it's almost worse with the newer detents. I removed the o-ring from stock detent and tranferred that to the Angel detent. I've tried the Angel detent with the stock Emag detent o-ring and with the o-ring that came on the Angel detent. Same results....double feeds. Any suggestions???

Thanks,

UB

BlackVCG
07-27-2003, 02:43 AM
Have you tried different barrels at all?

I believe AGD has two different thickness o-rings for the detents. Have you tried it without the o-ring or with a thinner o-ring?

unclebingo
07-27-2003, 03:02 AM
When I purchased the gun, it had a hopper left main body and stock barrel. That, too, double fed occassionally. I've since switched to a ULE main body and the freak barrel with similar results.
I have not tried the stock ball detent with a thinner o-ring (that's something I'll check out). I did try that with the Angel detents I purchased and it double fed with thick or thin o-rings.
I'll give the stock detent a go with a thin o-ring and report back.

Thanks,

ub

BlackVCG
07-27-2003, 01:00 PM
What brand of paint do you use? If you've had issues with both mainbody types I'd suggest trying some other paint.