PDA

View Full Version : Custom Super Mech Guns

maximuspita
07-27-2003, 01:05 AM
I don't if anyone else sees this but I believe the upcoming upgrades offerred by AGD are much more than just upgrades. I think AGD is capable of competing in the market of the custom mech guns such as the Orracle and other custom gun that are sold of upwards of $800. Think about it, the Superbolt, the intelliframe, the Y grip, the X-valve, ULE bodies and the development of the ULE Trigger you put them all together you'll have a totaly new marker with factory custom parts and speed of an electro-gun. All that is needed is some milling and elaborate paint schemes and AGD ends up with a new flagship mech gun. Or maybe I'm dreaming.

What do you guys think?

AGD
07-27-2003, 01:08 AM
You forgot hundreds of custom slug bodies.....:)

AGD

ZAust
07-27-2003, 01:57 AM
tom, youve been teasing us with these custom sluggos, i.e. from kapp and adrenaline, for quite some time now. any idea when they will be ready?

Ov3rmind
07-27-2003, 02:46 AM
Honestly, I would like AGD to start doing a ULE Mag, because most people end up replacing all of the parts anyway.

Mossman
07-27-2003, 02:54 AM
Originally posted by Ov3rmind
Honestly, I would like AGD to start doing a ULE Mag, because most people end up replacing all of the parts anyway.

I believe this is the plan once all the SS bodies run out :P

Ov3rmind
07-27-2003, 02:56 AM
Originally posted by Mossman

I believe this is the plan once all the SS bodies run out :P
I was under the impression it was only going to be done for RTs and E-Mags. I want to see a gun based around the Classic, but with all ULE stuff, an X-Valve, and an Intelli.

Cryer
07-27-2003, 02:59 AM
Originally posted by Ov3rmind
... I want to see a gun based around the Classic, but with all ULE stuff, an X-Valve, and an Intelli.

Basically, that amounts to the RTPro:rolleyes: :p

Mossman
07-27-2003, 03:10 AM
Originally posted by Cryer

Yup, why base it around a classic? the only upside is a little weight advantage (which would be fixed by the new rails I've heard people talking about. RTP's come with a foregrip and sight rail, and I think they're better looking than regular ol' classic valves.

Also, Tom has said he's not gonna mess with the classic. I bet a majority of automag sales are still the classics, cuz not many people have more than 250 to spend on a marker. and in that range it's spyders, tippys, and almost cocker and bko territory, but some people are intimidated by em :)

I wouldn't worry about it, Tom's always got something up his sleeve, sometimes you just have to wait and see, and not stick him to a release date cuz he doesn't like that :)

Ov3rmind
07-27-2003, 03:16 AM
Originally posted by Cryer

Yep, basically, it just wouldn't have that monstrocity of a foregrip. I'm not saying replace the Classic, I was just suggesting something a little higher end based off of it.

DiRTyBuNNy
07-27-2003, 03:59 AM
I just don't see it being a reality at this point..that's why you have people like RogueFactor or Tuna that you can go to. AGD can't justify doing large enough parts runs as it is and you want them to use what inventory they have on making new guns?

maximuspita
07-27-2003, 06:11 PM
Bunny, AGD doesn't has to fabricate much parts as they've basically have upgraded every part of the gun and produced them for a large consumer base. All that is needed is to slap all the upgrades together and since this would be "custom" the guns might be a limited run so I believe AGD can spew these guns out faster than the X-mags and maybe they could be like a mail-order gun (AGD doesn't make it unless ordered).

That is ofcourse that they don't go crazy on the milling:p