PDA

View Full Version : x-mag/e-mag battery

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
07-27-2003, 12:12 PM
i purchased an x-mag and it came with a battery charger and a car addapter. I don't really feel like keeping the car running for 6 hours to charge the battery. is there any way i can charge the battery some other way? i tried some adapters and stuff but they don't seem to be working. is it the way i'm charging the battery or what?

.bolink
07-27-2003, 01:31 PM
I went to wallmart and got a wall cigarrette adapter. You plug the unit into the wall, and plug the cigarrete plug into the unit. Voilla. It ran me about 12 bucks i think.

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
07-27-2003, 02:01 PM
lol never knew those things existed. thx

unclebingo
07-27-2003, 05:05 PM
Check here: http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=64532&highlight=Emag+wall+charger

Or here: http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=85824&highlight=Emag+wall+charger

I recently purchased the wall charger from Radio Shack, P/N 273-1779 with an "M" tip, for $22 w/ the tip included. If you go this route, BE SURE of the polarity when you attach the "M" tip, as a few on the board have switched polarity and smoked their battery. The positive (+) side of the tip must be on the plug side marked "TIP".

Hope that helps.

ub

FreakBaller12
07-27-2003, 05:07 PM
uhh almost every car doesn't have to beign run for it to charge ur battery

jungleguy
07-27-2003, 11:51 PM
from the manual,
it says the battery should charge
from any 12V output adapter.

i think.
and thats kinda gay that the manual is on a disk.
its cool and all, but what if you wanna look
sumthin up real quick while youre out in the field?
just a thought.

athomas
07-28-2003, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by junglechink

i think.
and thats kinda gay that the manual is on a disk.
its cool and all, but what if you wanna look
sumthin up real quick while youre out in the field?
just a thought.

Print it out on a printer and carry it with you.

Its still better than just a paper copy that adds cost to the product and can get lost or tattered if you take it to the field. At least with the disk you can keep it in a safe place and print off a new copy if the one you are carrying gets damaged.

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
07-28-2003, 11:45 AM
i stick the thing in a 12v output charger and it still wont charge. i leave it on over night and the light is green. i take it off the charger and like .5 seconds later i put it on and the light is red. i put it in the gun and it only give me like 15 seconds of electronic fire and then the battery goes bad. i dunno wut is wrong with the thing.

.bolink
07-28-2003, 01:07 PM
Do you have a voltometer(sp?)...if so check the output after a full charge...if it is less than around 19 your battery is bad...or your charger.

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
07-28-2003, 07:41 PM
i dunno. might be the adapters. there weren't specifically made for this. one came from a yamaha keyboard the other came to charge my massaging chair, the other one is for my speaker system and i just dunno where the hell the other one came from. do i have to charge the battery while that yellow thing is stuck in the side?

.bolink
07-28-2003, 07:42 PM
No that will interrupt the power flow