PDA

View Full Version : No more electros, what would it mean to you?

Blennidae
07-27-2003, 12:40 PM
With all the rumors flying around I was just wondering what it might mean to YOU personally.

Lets say for arguements sake, all paintball fields outlawed the use of electro markers, say for insurance reasons. What would it mean to you?

I'm a rec ball player, and while I love my Emag, I was perfectly happy with my retro mini. I also have a nice cocker. For me, my enjoyment of the game would not go down much if I could not use my Emag any more.

I started playing before there were electros on the fields, so to go back to those times would not be anything new to me. I'm not in competition with anyone for anything more than "can I get you before you get me", and either way I had fun.

How about you?

i like tictacs
07-27-2003, 01:03 PM
I'd just buy a hinge for my eclipseblade...

but then i'd just lengthen the trigger and put it in classic.

It's a hinge! I swear!

HoppysMag
07-27-2003, 01:03 PM
wouldnt mean anything to me. i dont like electro's, i use a classic mag, or any pump gun i happen to have at the time ( right now a pgp and a maverick). and the only other gun i want would be a cocker... so in conclusion. i would be happy cause there would be no more electro spyders. but upset that good companys ( AGD, ICD, Even WDP) would be serverly hurt.

WarBUCKs
07-27-2003, 01:06 PM
Well, I am sure there would be a decline in skills from alot of players. Light trigger pulls for most guns (ULT exception to future mag owners) would be a thing of the past. No more 15bps to keep some guys head down. Once you have an electro, I am sure it is hard to go back. It is like getting a cable modem, moving to another house and using a 56k modem to download files off the internet. I guess I am one of those guys that thinks the underdog will just get stronger and stronger only to surprise you in the future.

For me though, it doesn't mean much cuz I have a mechanical Automag still. What is great about the E-Mag? It is awesome cuz if they did limit Electros, just take the battery out and you still have the mag!!!

HoppysMag
07-27-2003, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by WarBUCKs
Well, I am sure there would be a decline in skills from alot of players.

does that loose anyone else? a skilled player is a skilled player. wether it be pump or an electro. no more extrem ROF would simply show us who have to compensate for something and who doesnt.

trev_pbller
07-27-2003, 01:40 PM
I understood him perfectly!?:confused:

irbodden
07-27-2003, 01:46 PM
It wouldn't make that big of a difference to me really.

X-Valve'd 'Mags can keep up with nearly any electro speedwise so I bet AGD would become a very popular company. :)

Benfica4ever
07-27-2003, 01:53 PM
Wouldent really matter to me. I use a mech gun anyway, but i am sure lots of people would be really be mad.

SIGSays
07-27-2003, 02:02 PM
means nothing to me... mechanical mags own j00!

68magOwner
07-27-2003, 03:03 PM
ok, i have owned an electro, but once i met my mag, i never looked back, so i will shoot my mech gun forever, but i still think that not having electros would be a bad thing. I meen, i think its just more fun when any kid with his timmy can rip 15bps, then when you bunker them with your mech gun, its just all the better, i dunno, i guess it wouldnt be thet big of a deal, it would just be less satisfing :( :rolleyes:

Python14
07-27-2003, 03:08 PM
It means jack to me. I shoot a classic mag and have little intention of changing anymore.

spider54
07-27-2003, 03:14 PM
some players i know would have to adapt.... it would mean not being able to live behind your gun...

bryceeden
07-27-2003, 05:01 PM
I say let the electros die. I use a classic mag and play against Timmies and angels and worrblades with no problems, heck I usually win, so I don't think we need electros. Besides if they were gone the ULT alone would put AGD on top.

Ov3rmind
07-27-2003, 05:06 PM
Well, personally I hope electros never become extinct. I may shoot a Cocker now, but there are a few electros I would love to own (and I look forward to doing so in the future). Besides limiting technology and gun options, don't forget this event would have other rather large negative effects. About the only good thing I could see coming out of it for myself, would be that there are less guns I'd like to own in the future (less money spent).

50 cal
07-27-2003, 05:07 PM
I play with the Phantom pretty regularly, so it wouldn't bother me a bit.

BarryTolar
07-27-2003, 06:20 PM
Well I guess it would mean I don't get to buy that Viking I want. But that's it. Not like my Retro Mini will stop shooting when I pull the trigger.

Oh and 50 cal I get the fun part but what about the profit ?

Barry

dogEmedic
07-27-2003, 06:44 PM
It would'nt bug me to much, as much as I love my emag I find I use it without the electronics on more then anything.

I find the stiffer trigger with a strong return is much better then the mouse click.

TigerMan
07-27-2003, 06:45 PM
I'm sure that paintball could survive, as it would evolve. We would move on and find other things to concentrate on more, like accuracy, loaders, range, and such.

To me, I'd be sad to see them go, but it also be kind of good in some ways. The good be that there no longer be players *cough*newbies (mainly younger kids)*cough* that have markers they don't know how to use properly because of all the cheap electros you can buy today. I guess I'd be for both ways, so it be a draw for me.

WarBUCKs
07-27-2003, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by HoppysMag

does that loose anyone else? a skilled player is a skilled player. wether it be pump or an electro. no more extrem ROF would simply show us who have to compensate for something and who doesnt.

So, this makes you loose? :p hmm...

Don't you think shooting alot of paint is a skill? IMO, it is. In fact, I can shoot my X-Valve pretty fast, but when a guy shoots an NYXtreme (*cough*, No Skillz *cough*) with little to no trigger weight compared to my 3lbs of pull, he has a gun skill advantage (cuz he can pull faster and the trigger allows him). Technology does improve skills other wise they wouldn't have to invent anything better than the Automag.

What I was saying though is that a guy who shoots 1000 balls per game will possibly get more kills leading everyone to believe that he is better or more skilled. Every ball you shoot increases your chances of winning cuz you may hit someone. Take away 1000 balls per game and let him shoot 300-400 balls per game and the chances of winning go down. So, now this person can't sit behind a wall of paint, plaster you and needs to take a different strategy in order to shoot you.

I do want to let you know I am speaking of the guys who sit in back and spray paint.

Crazy
07-27-2003, 07:42 PM
I'd be pissed off and probably play at a field that allows it.

joez
07-27-2003, 08:09 PM
id pull the batery out of the e-mag, or just throw the X back on the old rail and benchmark. id prolly be plenty happy, since the e-mag cost me $50 extra dollars to build, its not like i would be out a ton of scratch.

Jeffy-CanCon
07-27-2003, 10:12 PM
Like a lot of people here, I shoot a mechanical Mag, or a pump gun when I play. Most people I know would not miss the electros one bit. Including the field owners. More than one has said they find it a pain in the a** when people come to play walk-on with a 15bps newbie-bashing electro.

Crazy
07-27-2003, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by Jeffy-CanCon
Like a lot of people here, I shoot a mechanical Mag, or a pump gun when I play. Most people I know would not miss the electros one bit. Including the field owners. More than one has said they find it a pain in the a** when people come to play walk-on with a 15bps newbie-bashing electro.

Your field owners must not like money then... Considering Feilds paint sales = Main income.

athomas
07-28-2003, 09:37 AM
I could go back to mechanical in a heartbeat. I like the mechanical guns. I only use the emag to increase my rate of fire for the psychological intimidation of the player I pin down behind the bunker I am shooting at. It is also used to be able to return high rates of fire to others that are hosing paint in my direction. I'd be happy to return to the total skills side of the game and drop the spray and pray tactics.

JEDI
07-28-2003, 11:23 AM
I can play just as well with my Mech. Cocker, as I do with my E-Blade. But I have to say, I would be sad to see electros gone. I love 'em. I'm just awed by the speed of some guns.

I dont see electros as a crutch or advantage. No "no-skill" baller with a fast electro is gonna beat me.

hitech
07-28-2003, 02:50 PM
I've been playing for a long time also, however, I really like electronic markers. I would much rather use an electronic marker. It's mainly because I short stroke just about every mech. marker. At least with a mech. 'mag you have level 10. That makes it almost as good. ;)

cphilip
07-28-2003, 02:57 PM
I am about of the opinion now that we would be better served without them...

LaW
07-28-2003, 03:07 PM
I can do without it, I shoot my sfl in manual a lot recently... but emode is still the best

GatoLoco
07-28-2003, 03:25 PM
as danny love once said about the rise of electros, "The gap between really good players and really bad players has been filled by left handed monkeys that shoot fast" or something to that effect.

Jeffy-CanCon
07-29-2003, 10:15 AM
Your field owners must not like money then... Considering Feilds paint sales = Main income.

Crazy,

they like money just fine. But fields make most paint-sale money off of rental & occasional players. When those people are having a bad time, they stay away and business suffers. Paintball fields still attract a lot of business by word-of-mouth & reputation. No business owner wants customers to walk away unhappy.

At least one place I know has begun to separate their walk-ons into hi-tech & low-tech groups.

wobbles82
07-29-2003, 10:43 AM
*Holds RTPX in one hand in the air and laughs crazily* ...wouldnt bother me much. Heh. I shoot an RTPX against anything now, I have shot everything and anything and I would take this marker without ULT over anything. The only problem I would have is my back players not laying down the tape cover they do now. Where would I be without my Trixxy and Impy and E-Cocky (?) covering my arse in the snake? I think people would need to play a bit more aggresively because of the lack of ability to walk all the time, but for the most part mechanical markers like the RT are easily a good dose for the fast shooters.

openboater
07-29-2003, 11:53 AM
I too would pull the battery out of the battery case on my X-mag and play mechanical.

6 BPS can keep somebody pinned down just as well as 11 BPS

Now if I could just make that battery fit my Makita drill.

USAF-Flyboy with a Mag
07-29-2003, 08:57 PM
If I couldn't use my X-mag, I would be fine with using my retromag. Of course the electronic trigger would be sorely missed, but then again...I would save a lot on paint =)

spydervenom
07-29-2003, 10:15 PM
if just fields outlawed electronics i'd play more woodsball ;)

i'd probably get a ULT mag or a cocker w/ eclipse blade frame.