PDA

View Full Version : AGD, you are missing something.

Automaggin2
07-27-2003, 01:11 PM
The RT pro is nice. The eMag is nice. The Xmag is amazing.

But there is something mising.

Maybe a mass produced ULE bodied x valved intelliframed mag? I say ditch the RT pro, and make a production mechanical ULE gun.

If AGD came out iwth a gun like this, i wouldnt hesitate to buy it

i like tictacs
07-27-2003, 01:17 PM
with ULE frame. Count me in...

shartley
07-27-2003, 01:28 PM
Ditch the RT Pro and go with the same marker with a different body? Wouldn’t that still be an RT Pro? I mean if you still have the same valves, the same trigger-frame, and only change the rails and body, you would just have a new model of RT Pro. Sort of like what they do with cars… You would in essence just have an RT Pro-light. ;)

Cryer
07-27-2003, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by Automaggin2
...ULE bodied x valved intelliframed mag?

From what I've read, this has been the plan all along. They're just going to make ULE bodies come stock with RTPros

QUINCYMASSGUY
07-27-2003, 01:42 PM
The one thing I was thinking that might help out AGD is instead of calling the new Mag (since basically everything is new) the ULE Mag, to come up with a whole new name without the word Mag in it. Everyone knows AGD, but in many new customers' mind Mag=chop still (dumb, but so are most people) and also Mag=old and ugly.

So the AGD Phoenix (rise from the ashes of a slow popularity period but strong now, get it?) or something like that could draw attention to it and I see minimal annoyance that the valve system is the same because everything else will be improved, including the on/off even.

Brands like WGP (cocker), WDP (angel), and Kingman (spyder) all are keeping the old names, and it does have "brand equity" (business school term) but on the other hand a reputation is included, and most people only remember the bad even if it's not true. WGP=confusing functionality and losing timing, WDP=chopping, inaccurate, overpriced, Spyder=POS but real cheap to get electronic (ok, that one's true,lol). AGD has been in the shadows kinda, this might be a perfect chance to break from tradition and when all the new parts become available to be in stock Mags, put it out under a new name to start fresh. Just my 2 cents.

Jon/xpm
07-27-2003, 02:01 PM
you ask why they dont come out
with a ule mag and ule e-mag

Why would they...
Everyone now purchasing their regular mag and emag... then purchasing their parts to add...
so their getting good profit like that...

But if they did...
non ule emags and non ule mags will loose their values extremely bad..
just like the angels
you can get used ir3 from 750-850 when people purchased them from 1100 to 1300 since the speed came out caused this...

xmetal2001
07-27-2003, 02:32 PM
They should put a regular foregrip on it also, the current one just looks lame to me.

Gadget
07-27-2003, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by Automaggin2
..a mass produced ULE bodied x valved intelliframed mag? I say ditch the RT pro, and make a production mechanical ULE gun.

The RT Pro already comes with both the X-valve and the Intelliframe - so the only thing missing is the ULE body...which as others have already said, will soon be coming stock.

So looks like you'd better get some cash together for that new RT Pro ;)

The things which I'd like to see changed on the RT Pro are the body rail (lose the wings, internal milling a la ULE) and the foregrip (return to the classic mag style).

Cryer
07-27-2003, 02:48 PM
I personally like the wings. They give the rails some form. I would prefer to have them milled to match the ULE Emag rails (internally and on the outside of the wings)

Ov3rmind
07-27-2003, 05:37 PM
I just want them to ditch that eyesore of a foregrip on the RTs. I agree with Gadget, make the foregrip like on a Classic Mag.

ICOM
07-27-2003, 06:44 PM
Should call it the RT ProX

sneakyhacker420
07-27-2003, 07:14 PM
icom... thats whats engraved on the new RTP X-valves... :rolleyes:

and FYI, the RTP's will soon be comming stock with ULE bodies soon

one more thing... if you were smart enough... you could just take off you RTP foregrip and mount... only to realize there is a hole made to be punched out from the inside of the rail... for guess what? to mount a standard AM/MM foregrip... :eek:

Nick O time
07-27-2003, 08:36 PM
I like Shartley's idea, make a run of them and call it a RT Lite, although some might start thinking they are RT's with milling or somthing :rolleyes: .

Tobe2be
07-27-2003, 10:20 PM
*STARTING TO VENT*
here we go again i think this is rediculous. evryone was complaining that AGD didnt have the y frames out and that how they take forever to make things and how the never give the people what they want. everyone is quick to say well if it had X, Y, and Z i would buy it but as soon as tom throws out X,Y,Z people are like well i dont want it anymore or i dont like it or giving excuses for not buying it. i think toms does a great job of running the company and shoiuldnt really listen 100% to what people want and conitinue to do what he does best and thats create a hell of a gun... im not saying that you guys wont buy it the way you pictured it but it would probably cost close to a emag and people are gonna say that much for a mechanical gun common i can get a high end electro for that price those are just my 2 cents but hey. * FINISH VENTING*

Ov3rmind
07-27-2003, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by Tobe2be
*STARTING TO VENT*
here we go again i think this is rediculous. evryone was complaining that AGD didnt have the y frames out and that how they take forever to make things and how the never give the people what they want. everyone is quick to say well if it had X, Y, and Z i would buy it but as soon as tom throws out X,Y,Z people are like well i dont want it anymore or i dont like it or giving excuses for not buying it. i think toms does a great job of running the company and shoiuldnt really listen 100% to what people want and conitinue to do what he does best and thats create a hell of a gun... im not saying that you guys wont buy it the way you pictured it but it would probably cost close to a emag and people are gonna say that much for a mechanical gun common i can get a high end electro for that price those are just my 2 cents but hey. * FINISH VENTING*
Actually it wouldn't cost as much as an E-mag, considering how similar it is to an RT (and thus that would be how much it costs). For the record, I'm not complaining at all. I just think it would be cool if AGD did this. Then get some one to make a snatch grip and I'm 100% set.:D

AGD
07-27-2003, 11:58 PM
ULE bodies for Emag and RTpro are going to happen very very soon. Look for a new stainless gun (made from the emag/RT parts) near the Minimag price sometime after that.

AGD

Gadget
07-28-2003, 04:16 AM
Originally posted by Cryer
I personally like the wings. They give the rails some form. I would prefer to have them milled to match the ULE Emag rails (internally and on the outside of the wings)

I like the look of the wings, but I find that they just get in the way - I'd like to have my gas line run off of my valve pointing down + backwards at a 45 degree angle - just like I used to on my classic......but I can't as the wings get in the way :(

Persoanlly I'd love to have an emag/rt pro rail with no wings, no sight rail holes, no lens cut-outs and internal milling.

The new stainless RT 'basic' marker sounds good. :)