PDA

View Full Version : evo+Yboard or Halo B??

XVFrontplayer
07-27-2003, 05:45 PM
ok im a tournament player and i need a new hopper for my mag.
set up(ule body-freak-x-valve-iframe-and one hell of a sweet spot).

so any ways used to use a rev w/xb. and now i need a new hopper because i totaly out shoot my rev 10 times over.
I play front and im not sure which would be best(im leaning tword evo). please help. thanx

Steelrat
07-27-2003, 05:49 PM
Halo B is the fastest. Whoever tells you otherwise is lying. The problem with the Halo vs. the Egg is that the Halo has a more complicated mechanism. It force feeds the balls, whereas the Egg is a more advanced Revy, simply churning the balls in order to keep them feeding, and letting gravity do the work.

I think you'll find that there are fans for both types. Looking at magazines of pro tourneys, I see an awful lot of Eggs, im not sure if that has to do with reliability, balance, or weight. I just know that nothing can keep up with my Viking but a Halo.

XVFrontplayer
07-27-2003, 06:43 PM
thanx but i hear and know people that have had halo's jam. also one of my friends has a fly and his halo wont keep up so he bumped it down to 14 a second??

sneakyhacker420
07-27-2003, 07:09 PM
well, your friends FLY has some blowback, or he has a HALO A

the only halos that ever jammed were the halo A's

the B's have an improved anti-jam setup... which works well with all paint... even the dreaded PMI advantage shell that the HALO A absolutely hated

i love halos... my HALO B w/ TE software absolutely rips and there is no way to outshoot it under 24bps

IMO, eggs are ugly, a pain in the arse to fill with a hopper, large, and they throw your gun off balance by putting more weight over the rear of the gun

XVFrontplayer
07-27-2003, 07:20 PM
ok thanx but dont say the evo looks bad cuz i dont think so.
any ways i think i will probly get a halo(chime in if you dont think so)....

Steelrat
07-27-2003, 07:20 PM
Well, Ive had my Halo jam at least once in play.

XVFrontplayer
07-27-2003, 07:22 PM
uh eek.(pulling in collar of shirt)

sneakyhacker420
07-27-2003, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by Steeratt
Well, Ive had my Halo jam at least once in play.

using what paint...

Steelrat
07-27-2003, 07:32 PM
Well, PMI premium, but it WAS about 100 degrees outside.

It was just once in an entire day of play, though, and that aint too bad.

Just to make sure, the As were not belt drive, whereas the Bs are, right?

Angry Man
07-27-2003, 08:16 PM
Halo B. The Halo feeds consistantly up to 20bps (you friend's angel must have had blowback or he was a moron or something). The egg2 can feed as fast as 17bps, but the first few shots in any string are only 12bps.

I've seen sweetspotted rt mags, and only a halo b will keep up at all.

Vash02
07-27-2003, 08:23 PM
I dont have any experience with eggo's but i can tell you what i saw when i was at a local tournament. When someone had to reload they opened the eggo door (which looks extremely small to load paint quickly) and he pulled out a pod, and dumped in the paint. Problem is, with the small opening most of his paint fell out..which seems like such a waste. Also at the end of the game i saw 2 maybe 3 people that had to dump ALL their paint out, and put one single ball in the breach just so they could chrono. The stupid eggo had jammed and they couldnt get it to fire even a single shot for the chrono.

XVFrontplayer
07-27-2003, 08:59 PM
the vote is unnaminus- halo b it is-

thanx guys:p

Johnny_Reb
07-27-2003, 09:00 PM
Looking at magazines of pro tourneys, I see an awful lot of Eggs, im not sure if that has to do with reliability, balance, or weight. Thats because the pros are sponsered by VL. While I dont own and egg, Ive heard enough about them to wanna buy one. Once I get my X-valve, the egg2 will be the next thing to buy.

HALO vs Egg? I gotta go with experince here, VL's been making loaders for a long time, so they know what their doing. Oddysey's a nice company, but their small and dont have as much experince as VL. Plus, if you have a ULE and buy a HALO, youll need a clamp feedneck which runs around 40 to keep from damaging the HALO.

I got nothin against Oddessey, but like I said, you gotta go with exp. on this.

XVFrontplayer
07-27-2003, 09:06 PM
oh yes i forgot. i have herd of halo's pushing balls past the detent on angels. how do they work on ule bodies????

Angry Man
07-27-2003, 10:43 PM
The problem with angels was mostly that the bolt is so far back that it allowed one and a half balls into the breech, making the gun chop.

As for the following:

HALO vs Egg? I gotta go with experince here, VL's been making loaders for a long time, so they know what their doing. Oddysey's a nice company, but their small and dont have as much experince as VL. Plus, if you have a ULE and buy a HALO, youll need a clamp feedneck which runs around 40 to keep from damaging the HALO.

It's not true....viewloader made the Egg1 which SUCKED. They've made a lot of bad hoppers and cheap plastic parts. And even without a clamping feedneck, you just need to sand a little off the halo to use it...same with the egg2. No idea where the idea that sanding a halo kills it came from.