PDA

View Full Version : 03 Shocker?

Infratracide
07-27-2003, 06:22 PM
hey i couldnt help but notice the new design of the Smartparts shocker in my magazine today. It obviosly has a mainbody similar if not exactly the same as the AGD ULE, the valve is probably the same but it is concieled in the frame. The trigger frame looks similar and has a "reverse polarity magnet"
Ive seen a bunch of anti-Smartparts sigs so i figure that these similarities are against the consent of AGD? Ive been out of the loop get me back in please.

Infratracide
07-27-2003, 06:25 PM
http://www.smartparts.com/03shockHOME.jpg
pic from Smartparts.com

Ov3rmind
07-27-2003, 06:29 PM
Fortunately there is proof now that it doesn't work like a Mag, so everyone screaming that it's a Mag ripoff can be quiet.

Barsoom
07-27-2003, 06:31 PM
i dont like smartparts but that is a sexy gun very very sexy and i think thats because it does indeed resemble the ule bodys which are dead sexy i think i might get one of these babies instead :) oooohhhhweeee shes pretty

Kevmaster
07-27-2003, 08:36 PM
see http://www.beog.org/events/iao2003 for pics and video

Sunday's Pics has pics on the first page and there is a video below it

hope that helps

heftylefty
07-27-2003, 08:56 PM
here is proof that it doesnt resemble a mag bolt. it resembles matrix bolt more than anything and someone said that the back plug for the shocker is almost identical to the back plug of a matrix. heres a pic of the whole inside:

Recon by Fire
07-27-2003, 10:50 PM
IMHO it is just plain ugly! Give me the old brick style over that anyday.

Ov3rmind
07-27-2003, 11:00 PM
I dunno about you, but I think the 03 looks 10X better than the older ones.

Infratracide
07-27-2003, 11:01 PM
It may not function just the same but Smartparts obviosly is trying to steal some buisness from AGD by creating such a similar, small, compact marker. The original shocker was a stacked tube design and was... well, a shoebox. I think Smartparts secretly coveted the emag

gamarada717
07-27-2003, 11:07 PM
All of the anti smartparts stuff is because of this wack patent they are trying to make. I would rather someone else explain it, because i don't know everything about it, and since I shoot mech guns i don't keep up with it.

elpimpo
07-28-2003, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by Infratracide
It may not function just the same but Smartparts obviosly is trying to steal some buisness from AGD by creating such a similar, small, compact marker. The original shocker was a stacked tube design and was... well, a shoebox. I think Smartparts secretly coveted the emag

so your saying that smart parts is stealling buissnes from agd for trying to make a small compact marker just like everyone else in the industry. i mean thats the ideal gun. i mean i hate all this sp crap but come on.

DiRTyBuNNy
07-28-2003, 01:07 AM
That sure does look like a matrix bolt...I wonder what the efficiency is though...

Ov3rmind
07-28-2003, 02:36 AM
Originally posted by Infratracide
Oh come on, just get over it. The Nova was a tube too, but it certainly didn't have much in common with Mags. And the fact of the matter is, this works pretty differently, I highly doubt they were trying to rip off a gun that doesn't sell as well as their Impulses (no offense, I love Mags). EVERYONE wants a small and compact gun, it's not like AGD has a right to make the only compact guns.

DiRTyBuNNy, from what I can tell (and from what I have heard) it works very similarly to a Matrix. However, efficiency is still not so great. On IOG I remember someone who had experience with one say something like 1100 from a 68/45.

edweird
07-28-2003, 03:03 AM
I shot it at the AGD booth at IAO when the designer was doing his rounds with it. And I have to say I found it quite inefficent as it needed 2 fills during its short stay at the AO-proving ground.

eg0_Slayer
07-28-2003, 05:40 AM
hi guys...sorry I haven't posted i so long...been in LA all summer...ok...the thing with boycotting SP has nothing to do with the single tube design or anything like that...everyone is angry with them because when they first made the shocker, they patented it,it was pending for so long that they went back a couple of years ago and did a patent revision that said any paintball marker that uses an electronic switch is patented by them, and if it goes through then they can make every paintball company that produces an electronic marker pay royalties for every electronic marker they have produced in the past, and any markers they ever do produce in the future, and they can name their price, not only that, but for those companies to produce electroic markers in the future, they will have to basically buy the rights from SP to do so. and that'll run about $1 mil. or so...im sure I've left tons of stuff out....heres a website that'll explain it better...

http://www.network54.com/Hide/Forum/message?forumid=9013&messageid=1058942255 ...hope this helps

DiRTyBuNNy
07-28-2003, 10:51 AM
eg0~ that's pretty much been covered...but that is a nice recap all in one paragraph...