PDA

View Full Version : Coming Back to the Fold......

ghost271
07-29-2003, 12:20 AM
Alright. I was a mag owner back in the day and had nothing but fun with it. I have been out of the mag loop for almost 7 years. I have been reading this forum and trying to do my research but am getting really overwelmed by all the new technology that has come out for these things.

Basically what I need your opinion on is this. Is it better for me to buy an E-Mag w/ULE body,rail, and additional warp feed body; or just wait and buy an X-Mag?

Also can the E-Mags be fitted with the new ACE ?

Thank you for your help guys. I am impressed, with this forum as well as the quality workmanship that goes into AGD products and the R&D that Mr.Kaye has put into this industry.

I've been following you and your company since I was 12 (so 18 years).My hats off to you Mr.Kaye for what you've done for this sport.

Chuff Chuff

ghost271
07-29-2003, 03:21 PM
Anyone ?

Would it be cheaper to buy a used EMAG and upgrade the bodies or just wait for an X-Mag ?

GT
07-29-2003, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by ghost271
Is it better for me to buy an E-Mag w/ULE body,rail, and additional warp feed body; or just wait and buy an X-Mag?

Also can the E-Mags be fitted with the new ACE ?

Chuff Chuff

ULE emag= Mo Betta'

Not that I know of.

chuff, chuff? What does that mean?

jb;)

ghost271
07-29-2003, 10:10 PM
Thanks for the reply. However my ebonics isn't as tight as it should be. So you think an EMAg w/ULE Body is better than a XMag minus of course the ACE?

anthrakz
07-30-2003, 08:42 AM
I don't think there's any major difference between an Xmag and an Emag other than weight and the addition of an ACE board in the X. The heaviest things on an Emag are the valve and the damnable battery pack. I think the ULE body is lighter thn the X body. Lvl 10 doesn't chop balls, or at least thats what most people with a Lvl 10 say, I myself amongst them. I'd go so far as to say that Lvl 10 makes the ACE unecessary. I've read that you "can" install a ACE board in an Emag but it would take some milling on the Emag rail itself to make it accept the ACE board. ULE body, ULE rail, and Emag would function as well as an XMag. Not to mention you'd probably save bundles of money with a Emag as opposed to buying an Xmag if you don't mind the weight because you aren't a limp wristed sissy. Hope I helped a bit.

GT
07-30-2003, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by ghost271
Thanks for the reply. However my ebonics isn't as tight as it should be. So you think an EMAg w/ULE Body is better than a XMag minus of course the ACE?

ULE Emag is lighter if not then atleast equal to that of the X as far as weight is concerned. Who cares about an ace?

IMHO

Nobody077
07-30-2003, 02:34 PM
I ULE frame/rail E-mag with a Standard E-mag valve and standard body is the about the same weight as a stock X-mag, with a ULE body and X-valve it will be a bit lighter.
As for the ACE its not avalible for the E-mag right now, but you dont need it, just have Level 10 installed in your valve and you wont chop. Many people turn off the ACE because it slows down the max ROF ( good luck shooting fast enough to notice) and the need to adjust it for diffrent paint shell colors.
For the price I would go with a ULE'ed E-mag with a ULE body and keep the standard E-mag valve. ( I pesonaly like the SS valve over the Alum and the weight diffrance isint that much)

Dayspring
07-30-2003, 03:01 PM
ACTUALLY...

Prior to the Xmag 2.4 software, turning the ACE on would raise the ROF cap from 16 to 24 bps. 2.4 made it 20bps across the board.

And no. The Emags CANNOT be fit with an ACE. There's extensive milling that would need to get done on a stock emag. (Grip frame for the board, rail, body and every single barrel you have. That is, of course, if it's a stock Emag. ULE-Emag is somewhat different. You don't have to drill the barrels.)

ACE is really quite redundant with the Level 10. You're better off with the ULE Emag and calling it a day. Level 10 doesn't require a board or battery. ACE does.

Originally posted by Nobody077
Many people turn off the ACE because it slows down the max ROF ( good luck shooting fast enough to notice) and the need to adjust it for diffrent paint shell colors.