PDA

View Full Version : Why doesn't AGD sell out?????

Darkstorm
07-29-2003, 04:44 AM
I am not saying sell the company, but PANDER to the masses.

As long as TK runs the AGD, there will ALWAYS be great mags to buy, but it seems like it would be easy to make some guns with mods that would be considered "Selling out". It would be more fun to have AGD selling to all the newbies and part time players rather than "Brass Eagle".

I may not have it right but For example...an EMag style gun with full auto that uses 9v, LCD, build in radio, RADAR, SONAR, counts your hits, and tells you are great?

Or a basic mag designed for CO'2 that comes in pretty colors, has a box style body, verticle feed, and a DOUBLE trigger? Maybe even a LX that works with CO2.

Even a basic ULE version mag with an inteliframe and a good upgrade path all the way to EMAG?

Or allow knock-off versions of the basic gun to be made and branded by others?

Or a ver small diameter retro fit values that allows the conversion of other guns to mags?

I was just looking at how much MONEY$$$$ other companies seem to make and was thinking....wouldn' that be nice if TK had that much money. COOL

AcemanPB
07-29-2003, 07:28 AM
Originally posted by Darkstorm
Maybe even a LX that works with CO2.

:confused: I've ran my LX off C02 plenty of times.

mjs1217
07-29-2003, 08:06 AM
Okay, i'll try to respond to your points in the order that they were made:

Emag with all those useless qualities: this would just alter the reputation of AGD from that of a company that does not hesitate to drop unneeded, pointless qualities to get their markers to perform at their best and weigh as little as possible.

Basic Centerfeed mag in lots of cool colors? Did someone say autococker? This would just make AGD look like they were copying WGP, and this would make almost everyone with a cocker whos never shot a mag think that AGD is, and always has been, a knockoff of Cockers, their longtime rival.

ULE Intellifeed gun easy to upgrade to Emag = New ULE RT Pro's.

And, if knockoff guns are allowed to be produced, people will buy them, think that they are no good, and return them, and then spread the word that they "bought a mag yesterday and then returned it because it sucked".

And as for your final point, this would just get too complicated since youd need to be removing the other gun's bolt and other parts to get this idea to work, and some body styles still would not be acceptable to the design.

chizle97
07-29-2003, 08:25 AM
good call AGD is too good of a company to "sell out" When a company is more interested in developing new and reater technologies than marketing their product it is hard to "sell out". And besides AGD has already "sold out", of
X-mags thats is. :p har har har har har!

TheTramp
07-29-2003, 08:36 AM
Originally posted by Darkstorm
It would be more fun to have AGD selling to all the newbies and part time players rather than "Brass Eagle".

It sounds like "someone" needs/wants those newbies to like his gun. ;)

Why on earth would it be fun for there to be a bunch of cheaply made "knock-offs" of AGD products in the hands of inexpereanced players? :eek:

If you want the gun that everyone has because you are afraid to be left behind by the herd for being different then if you have the cash get an Intimidator and if not get an E-Spyder clone. :)

shartley
07-29-2003, 08:37 AM
How about this? Why do folks call giving customers what they WANT and what they BUY “selling out”? ;)

You can do BOTH you know…. keep to quality products and still provide a wide range of choices.

I don’t personally think providing customers what they want is selling out….. it is called “business”. And if you can do this while still maintaining an appropriate level of quality and pricing… it is called “Good Business”! :D

Cheap products sold at cheap prices are not “bad”, they are appropriate. Same with cars, homes, TV’s, etc. And offering customers as wide of choices and price ranges only helps the sport overall. So one could easily argue that NOT making inexpensive products because they don’t bring in the same kind of ROI per product would be “selling out”. ;) It all depends on how you look at things………..

There has to be a balance. And it’s all good……..

cphilip
07-29-2003, 09:21 AM
Ok without reading the thread...

I am prepared to offer 20 bucks for AGD Tom...but I get to keep Roman, Marcia and JoAnn... You can keep Jon and JJ! :D

shartley
07-29-2003, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by cphilip

I am prepared to offer 20 bucks for AGD Tom...but I get to keep Roman, Marcia and JoAnn... You can keep Jon and JJ! :D
I bid $25 but I get them ALL! :D

;)

hitech
07-29-2003, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by cphilip

I'll up it to $100, same details. ;)

shartley
07-29-2003, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by hitech

I'll up it to $100, same details. ;)
grrrr outbid!

I will up it to $200 but again, I keep everyone. ;)

hitech
07-29-2003, 10:03 AM
Okay, I'll up it to $250. I get Marcia, Jon and JJ (I know them "personally" ;) ). You can keep Joann, Roman and Tom. That's a good deal. I've heard great things about both Joann and Roman. I've just not had any personal contact with them. However, you might want to reconsider Tom, he'll just try to run everything! ;)

That's my last offer. I'd have to sell my eMag to go any higher. ;)

wobbles82
07-29-2003, 10:29 AM
AH HA! So a haggling/bidding thread this is now! AGD is for sale and Wobbles has the cash. I bid $7,000 dollars, no? $40. No? $7100 dollars. No? $15 bucks final offer....never..never did get haggling. :D AGD selling out would be a very bad idea, thats like everybody being in Fight Club...cuz then you have little crappy kids that just got into it cuz their friends did, and people would get away without fighting on the first night of Fight Club, and some people wouldnt be into making the soap and forget the whole basis of the club, and then some other people might tell on what they are doing, and you might even have kids trading Yu-Gi-OH cards in the corner or something...Ok..forget that I dunno where im going. AGD wont sell out because it will destroy a a quality they have had forever...quality. Oh and my LvlX runs on c02...oddness. :eek: :p

nt2004
07-29-2003, 10:42 AM
this is stupid. If AGD sold out, they'd lose all respect for them as a major company. AGD guns are high quality, they dont need to be sold in lower quality, newb versions. Thats just a bad idea

Jonesie
07-29-2003, 01:58 PM
I bid $1, Bob... :D

1stdeadeye
07-29-2003, 02:55 PM
I bid $1,000,000.00! However it is all based on post sale stock value with assumed debt and facilities included.

I have the Enron people putting together the financing now through CitiBank. Arthur Anderson is auditing the package for us!

What do you think Tom?

;)

RRfireblade
07-29-2003, 03:29 PM
V