PDA

View Full Version : THinking about buying an automag, need help!!

pyropig
07-29-2003, 10:05 AM
I've been shoping around for a new marker for a little while now, I've looked at everything from impulses to angels(way out of my price range)and to building my own autococker. I wanted to do a little homework on the automag before I made up my mind, I think if I purchased one it would be the RT Pro, Its in my price range and the list of things it could do is quite impressive. Is there something better I could buy or is it a great choice. If so what kind of upgrades, if any, should I get for it. Hows their performance out on the speedball field as that would be what it would mostly be used for, oh yeah and what runs better in it nitro or Co2? I'm currently shooting a Black Dragun LCD and I think its time for an upgrade. Thanks for all your help?

p.s. I can't afford the X-mag either(I wish)

Darkstorm
07-29-2003, 10:17 AM
My first gun was a Black Dragon.....I started with a standard mag and did the upgrades.

I now have a ULE body, Inteliframe, and XValve(built in LX) running on an Air America 88/4.5k tank with a System X drop.

Compared to the Dragon it is much better.

I NEVER chop a ball which is just so GREAT you can not imagine it. I can shoot very fast, and the trigger pull is light, AND no batteries. I do miss the fore grip, however.

A pro may be the way you want to go, but you can buy all the parts also.

Dayspring
07-29-2003, 10:18 AM
RT Pro is nitro only.

As AGD has come out with gun upgrades, the RT Pro has received them.

They are now coming stock with the intelliframe trigger-frame. It's a double trigger and is able to be hooked up to a warp or Revvy.

They are also coming stock with the X-valve; an all aluminum ReTro valve with the level 10 anti-chop upgrade STOCK.

Very soon, they will come with ULE bodies- aluminum mainbodies with cocker threads, angel feed neck and angel detents.

The new Ultra Light trigger will make the pull about 15oz, which is close to the 8oz Emag trigger.

Cleaning? I used to gas it up and dunk it in water. Clean now. :)

This thing WILL keep up with anything out there on the speedball field. You will be VERY happy with it no matter what.

wobbles82
07-29-2003, 10:21 AM
Agreed with Dayspring and Darkstorm, good telling whats what fellas. :D Just remember. RT-PRO= Really kick arse marker, over the chrono, in speeed, no chops! BUT ALWAYS USE NITROGEN heh I almost had my neighbor screw in some 20oz c02, it wouldnt kill it but its not recommended at all.

Dayspring
07-29-2003, 10:25 AM
If pissing CO2 out of every seal and opening in the valve isn't killing it, I don't know what is. ;)

Originally posted by wobbles82
it wouldnt kill it but its not recommended at all.

wobbles82
07-29-2003, 10:52 AM
Pissing or no pissing, it still works doesnt it? Heh. Sure the velocity doesnt hold, some rings are fried here and there..but it works. Just dont do it, that simple. Lol. :D

Dayspring
07-29-2003, 10:54 AM
If you blow the orings, it WON'T work. THAT'S the point.

SIGSays
07-29-2003, 10:56 AM
well.... just get once.. it's the right thing to do...