PDA

View Full Version : advice for which mag to get.

whiskey29
07-29-2003, 10:56 AM
I'm new to automag but i have read lots of stuff about them from the internet and I like them since it's kind of compact and seems to have small kick when fired.

I have probably $300-400 for the marker alone. I'm looking into a mechanical one, not the electronic one since I don't want to worry about them whenever liquid is around :)

Now I've read about classic mag, rt, rtpro and etc and I can't really differentiate them. And the valve upgrade is whoaaa expensive !

So please recomend me one, I'm looking into owning the mag forever.

Is there any link possibly that explains the difference about them ?

and please don't flame me or I'll switch to shocker, which i really don't want anyway :D

any help is really appreciated.

Dayspring
07-29-2003, 11:04 AM
Classic mag- Runs on Co2 and nitro. All stainless steel valve. Tops out at 16bps. Can take all upgrades- ULE bodies, Intelliframes, ReTro/Xvalve upgrades, Level 10.

Classic RT- Nitro only. Stainless & aluminum valve. Has reactive kick to trigger. Can only take Intelliframe and level 10 upgrades. Tops out about 26bps.

RT Pro- Nitro only. Can take all upgrades. Has the same type of reactive kick as the Classic RT. Tops out about 26bps. Coming STOCK with intelliframe and X-valve (aluminum ReTro valve w/ level 10 installed) but can still be found with the Aluminum & stainless valves. Will shortly be coming stock with ULE bodies (aluminum mainbody w/ cocker threads and Angel feed neck and ball detents.)

So basically, the RT pro is an updated version of the classic with lots of the upgrades to it.

If you're looking for a mechanical mag, the RT Pro is the way to go.

whiskey29
07-29-2003, 11:24 AM
Hei Dayspring, thanks for the quick response.

now i got some other questions.

I know about the level 10 bolt but what are ULE bodies, ReTro/Xvalve upgrades do ?

and is there a difference with vertical feed and side feed ? differences like one of them will allow you to shoot faster or it just a matter of preference ?
since the vertical feed looks like to position the loader very high.

thanks in advance

Dayspring
07-29-2003, 12:13 PM
ULE bodies- I explained that in my last post- aluminum mainbodies in different colors, cocker threads, angel ball detents and feed necks.

Xvalve/ReTro valve- fast recharging valve. give a kick to the trigger after every pull. (Not the Tippmann full auto, but a kick to put the trigger back to firing position almost instantly.)

Side feed? You mean like warp body? Those you need the Warp Feed for. Right now, vert feed is the fastest way to go especially with the force fed hoppers out now- Eggo 3 and HaloB. The AGD vert feeds are actually the lowest ones out right now.

And remember- nothing makes you shoot faster except YOU. :)

scot
08-01-2003, 12:52 PM
So this leads the question to, how can one tell if the lvl10/ule setup is already on the mag before purchase? Anything obvious on the box?

If you had to choose between an emag and an rt for mostly rec play, which would you get?

Spray Painter
08-01-2003, 01:44 PM
you can tell ULE bodies because they are aluminum(probably anoed)and are much lighter. They have detents and most have vertical feed.

you can tell if it has LX by sticking your finger in front of the bolt and pulling the trigger ;) (just kidding). the only way you could make sure is by taking the gun apart and looking.

If your hard core rec, go every couple of weekends, and want speed, go for the emag. If you go once a month, don't really like electros but want some speed. go for an rtpro

scot
08-01-2003, 03:19 PM
Heh, thats what I thought. Figured the change happened at some defined serial number or box change or something. I'm sure the guys here in Northern VA will give me the latest and greatest for my $$$.

Now about the emag, I must still be missing something with it. I do play about every other week, but the ROF with the stock RT Pro seems to be fairly high, even for a good amount of cover fire. Is the emag that much better? Is there anything else about it that makes the additional 300 dollars worth it besides the electronic trigger?

Since I have not knowingly heard the pro or emag in action, anyone have any opinions on the level of noise they generate?

Thanks,
Scot

Spray Painter
08-01-2003, 03:34 PM
yes a stock rtpro is pretty fast. the only difference between an rtpro and an emag is that a emag is an electro(there are other differences such as sear, grip, etc). they both use the same valve. emags have a lighter trigger and can be shot faster. If your going to be laying down cover fire all day an emag would be better(your finger won't get as tired) be rtpros do have a good ROF and could lay down cover fire. when i first got my rtpro some people at the field told me full auto wasn't allowed there. emags and rtpros are kind of noisy(not as much as a tippmann) but i don't mind it. with an emag you get an electro and mechanical gun all in one( good for when something happens to the electronics or the battery dies)

wad04
08-01-2003, 04:39 PM
one other thing.. If you do use co2, and you have a level 10 installed you will lose about 5% of your air. just keep that in mind

scot
08-01-2003, 05:12 PM
Ahh but who still uses CO2?

Going to go get my nitro duck filled right now actually! (and maybe take a look at a mag at pevs)

Scot

Spray Painter
08-01-2003, 05:34 PM
one thing to remember is you can't use CO2 with rt/emag/x-valve