PDA

View Full Version : Nitrogen Tank is Giving me Problems

QuestionMark?
07-29-2003, 04:45 PM
I bought a Crossfire 88ci 4500 PSI nitrogen tank and when i screw it into my Automag RT/Pro, air leaks out of the place where the tank screws into the gun. I have countered this problem with buying standard tank o-rings, but its still leaks, i put the tank in my cocker and spyder, and it works just fine, it does not leak. It only leaks when i put the nitrogen tank in my Automag RT/Pro. Can someone please help me, do i need to take the tank back? Do i need a different type of o-ring? :confused:

GoatBoy
07-29-2003, 05:09 PM
Take a look at how long the post is inside your ASA. It sounds like it's too long, so it's turning your tank on before the o-ring gets a chance to seal.

Something like if the post is past the point where the threads end and the smooth part where the o-ring should seal, then this might be the case.

I had a bottomline like this; I wound up having to shorten the post.

silentdeath55
07-29-2003, 06:45 PM
Inside my ASA the "post" thing is adjustable. It has a allen/hex key head on it. It did cost a little more, but it is worth it. Otherwise, your going to have to file it down somehow.

danheneise
07-29-2003, 10:13 PM
my black dragun did this, for a temperary fix put an o-ring down flat in the bottom of the asa and then try screwing in the tank, just remember when your unscrewing your tank that the o-ring will be loose in there and may fall out, it worked fine till me until i got a new asa

CONRICE
07-31-2003, 03:58 PM
same thing happened to my friends mag. it wasnt the tank. it was the drop forward. its too shallow or something. anyways, $50 for a new drop forward and tank worked fine.

PFNitroAutomag
08-13-2003, 01:02 AM
Ok this should fix the problem. If u have the money buy a drop forward with an on/off on it. i had the same problem with the same tank you have on my automag. so the drop /w the on/off on it should fix it