PDA

View Full Version : stock rail problems help needed

Justin Richardson
07-29-2003, 10:33 PM
i just recently bought a new stock rail since that was the only aftermarket part on my mag( but i can't get the barrel locking pin detent thing out................whatever. anyways i've done everything i can think of to get it out but with no provale (have ule body). and all ive managed to do is severly desformed the detent, and scratch the rail whitch i'm mad about(my fault). is there any EASY way of getting it out without using prehistorc methods that i've already tride,banging against hard objects, dowsing in oil, cooling to exspand the metals, throwing at things, ext, ext. all i ever wanted was for my new mag to work and it seems that the paintball gods are against me.

x-valve w\ L10
ule body red
black intel frame
benchmark AND NOW stock rail
psychoballistics bullet drop
pmi 68\3000
empire barrel kit
and lots of frustration
accualy have to rely on e-spyder this weekend(other mag is old and not cooperating):mad:

Tunaman
07-29-2003, 10:46 PM
Send it to me and I'll fix it up for you...;)

Dayspring
07-29-2003, 10:49 PM
Drill press. Press it out from bottom to top.

Tunaman
07-29-2003, 10:52 PM
You do not use a drill press for pressing things out. Use the right tool for the job. A drill press is for drilling...not pressing.;)

Potatoboy
07-29-2003, 11:02 PM
Cooling will contract the metal, not expand it.

Heat expands.

Am I the only person that has never had a problem getting them out with a hammer?

SG Avenger
07-29-2003, 11:30 PM
I didn't have a hammer to even work with. I took it ouside and smacked that sucker on the ground once and it practicly shot out the other side.

Justin Richardson
07-30-2003, 10:18 PM
all fixed, concrete side walks work good (don't do this with anything nicer than stock rail! mine got scratched rather nicely)

BlackVCG
07-30-2003, 10:32 PM
You need an arbor press to do it properly, but a drill press will work in a pinch.

openboater
07-31-2003, 11:27 AM
Use a horizontal arbor press, comonly refered to as a vise.
use a block of wood with a hole drilled in it for the pin to go thru on the top side of the rail.
bad description, but I hope you get the idea.

Halliday
07-31-2003, 02:14 PM
I used a hammer, a t-shirt, and the corner of my washing machine.

athomas
08-01-2003, 08:33 AM
I used a bench vise a cloth and a piece of wood for a spacer on the top side. The assembly pressed right out.