PDA

View Full Version : Why can't service repair men show up when they are supposed to?!!

graycie
07-30-2003, 09:48 AM
I spent most of my day yesterday waiting for the repair guy to show up for the scheduled time to fix my washer. Now this is after I had to wait two days for the guy to initially come for not even 10 mins. look at it and say he needs to order so and so part and will come back next week to install it. Okay, so yesterday rolls around and he didn't show up during the time window he was supposed to, I call the repair center and the woman says she will call me right back when she gets in touch with the repair guy, TWO hours later she doesn't call me back. I call her back and she says again she will call me back but this time within 10 min., a half hour passes no call back. I call her back and she gives me an attitude, so I just basically told her they wasted my day by me waiting for someone to show up or call my house and I want my deposit back. Thinking that it will take them forever to give me my money back I call back again asking them specifically when I will recieve the returned deposit and that I would also like to speak with the Supervisor about this matter. I leave a message and I have yet to recieve any response. What the <B>*POOF*</B> is wrong with these people!!!

<B>*Warning: No Cussing*</B> -Miscue

Army
07-30-2003, 12:50 PM
Geez Amy, that's rough. Unfortunately...that's also life.

Call another shop, and tell them what happened. Usually they want to look a lot better than the other guys, so they jump on your job fast. Good luck with it......and when the repairman does arrive, watch out for the butt-crack:D

graycie
07-30-2003, 03:22 PM
funny thing is that i called another place and told them the story of them not showing up, and they didn't sound at all surprised when i said the retard company's name. so i'm assuming the retard company is building a bad reputation.

gimp
07-30-2003, 05:05 PM
We had a situation just like that with our washer and dryer lately. Talk about a pain in the butt. I'd suggest shopping around, like army said. Or!!! You could try to fix it yourself! I always like to try, but I always make it worse. hehe.

We put in a bathroom in our basement about 4 years ago. Most of the work we did ourselves. When it got to the plumbing, we needed to hire a plumber. The company we were going through was just like the one you described. He took forever to finish the job. But, it worked out well for us. The company was so un-organized that they never billed us! It cost us a few grand. We called them multiple times to tell them. They said, 'oh, we'll send that out soon'. Yeah right, free plumbing. yay!!

1stdeadeye
07-30-2003, 07:44 PM
Well get even then!

Do you remember the Seinfeld with Kramer and the Phone/Cable Guy?

Set up an appointment with that company then leave!

It will at least annoy them a little bit and since you are not going to use them again, who cares?