PDA

View Full Version : Detents....?

pputkowski
07-30-2003, 10:19 AM
This is probably a newb ques but whats the big deal with detents? How long do they last? and pretty much what do they do? Thanks for helping out a "detent newb" lol.

Benfica4ever
07-30-2003, 10:25 AM
When the ball falls into the breech the detend (nub-in)hold the ball in place.

Blazingace
07-30-2003, 11:59 AM
They will last for quite awhile. They are made of various materials and that dictates how long they last. They might need to be cleaned every once in a while if you break paint in them. The plastic nubbins that AGD uses last for a long time and rally don't need to be cleaned too much.

EsPo
07-30-2003, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by Benfica4ever
When the ball falls into the breech the detend (nub-in)hold the ball in place.
I think he knew what they were.

as for your questions.. who makes big deals about them?.. in all of my guns that had detents (which is all of them :) ) ive never had to replace one.

afrankart
07-30-2003, 03:24 PM
Funny, I have been through 4 since I got my ULE body, and I probably went through only 4 cases. I must have the worst "detent efficiency" ever.:rolleyes:

EsPo
07-30-2003, 03:25 PM
what kind of detents do you buy.. i bet if you spend a good amount of money on some really nice ones.. they wont.. break.. actually.. i'm not quite sure how detents go out like that

afrankart
07-30-2003, 03:44 PM
They were all the AGD ULE detents. I called them, and was told I may have gotten some from a bad batch that the ball dropped out. They replaced them, and I have since ordered one of Kila's Magnetic Detents. (If it ever gets here;) )

Star_Base_CGI
07-30-2003, 05:17 PM
Well on my SPYDER, the Ball Detent in in the BODY.

You can unscrew the barrel and the balls dont fall out. See Clean the barrel. Now that I have a power feed I can power feed and it only feeds one ball.

You really cant power feed without a nubbin or a ball detent because youd have 20 balls in the barrel when you pulled the trigger.

SO thats the big dealieo on Ball Detents.

Ov3rmind
07-30-2003, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by EsPo

I think he knew what they were.
Reread the first post a little more carefully.

All newer (and I mean not ancient by newer) paintball guns should have ball detents in the breech. Some have one, and some have two (holds balls in better for faster hoppers). A Mag with a twist lock barrel has nubbins, they act the same as detents but also double up as a part to hold the barrel in. Closed bolt guns usually have detents, but in all reality the barrel is what holds the ball in. They come in several varieties such as a nubbin style detent, a ball bearing based detent, and a wire detent (I've seen this one used least).

Fatjon
07-30-2003, 06:26 PM
I think these guys answered your questions.

< 700th post wasted on some stupid comment.