PDA

View Full Version : New Angel!

poolshark5226
07-30-2003, 12:05 PM
From p8ntballer.com:

Stop Press! We’ve just discovered that WDP are due to be launching a new Angel at their booth in Stockholm, Sweden’s venue for the Millennium Series. The launch is scheduled for Thursday (that’s tomorrow, by the way). This Angel is set to replace the IR3 as the premier marker in WDP’s range.

WDP launched the awesome Angel Speed less than four months ago in Las Vegas, and have apparently been swamped with orders ever since. The news that yet another new Angel is ready for release came as a surprise to us, and probably will do to other folk who’d thought they were in the know. We’re not entirely sure how those Brits have found time to launch two new markers and open a US office and distribution warehouse, while creating Pure Promotions and the superb Super 7 Series, all in seven months. It’s possible John Rice may have invented a time machine.

The Angel has already won the Millennium Series title (with a little help from Team Dynasty!) after just four events and four wins. Dynasty also look set to win the World Paintball Series for the second consecutive year, and the NPPL title, which would make them Triple Crown Champions for an unprecedented two years running. Dynasty are terrifying enough already – who knows what they could achieve with a new and improved Angel in their hands…

Check this page tomorrow for exclusive pictures of the new Angel, fresh from Stockholm, the land of beautiful things (and women)!

Curly
07-30-2003, 12:17 PM
Sounds cool. Be sure to keep us updated with the msrp and everything.

DiRTyBuNNy
07-30-2003, 12:36 PM
Hhhmmm...interesting...i swear he's a WDP misinformation officer....I find no news of this marker on any Angel sites....hhhhhmmmmm...:D :D :D

Prairie
07-30-2003, 12:56 PM
http://www.p8ntballer-forums.com/vb/showthread.php?threadid=21906&goto=newpost

FreakBaller12
07-30-2003, 03:41 PM
keep us updated i want to see what it loosk like and how much

poolshark5226
07-30-2003, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by afrankart
I find it funny that your Misinformation Officer just registered on that forum and has only 9 posts.

Im not quite sure what you're saying. Just to clarify, I'M not the one who wrote the post on p8ntballer. And the guy who DID, is the editor of PGI, so I'm thinking that it's true...

Ov3rmind
07-30-2003, 04:19 PM
It sounds real to me. On Angel-Owners.com they have a 2 page thread about it already. A logo for the gun has already been released which resembles the number 4 (I'm making a wild guess and saying it will be called the IR4). Anyway, I'm excited, leave it to WDP to make a good high performance gun.

Edit: Here we go,

http://www.wdp-paintball.co.uk/mailouts/jul_03/images/4_2.gif

http://www.wdp-paintball.co.uk/mailouts/jul_03/images/4_3.gif

AcemanPB
07-30-2003, 04:28 PM
I bet it's just an Angel Speed with an LCD and all the features the iR3 had. I'm sure it will sell well.

Prairie
07-30-2003, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by QUINCYMASSGUY
He's the editor of the magazine.... who's site it is.... and he only has 9 posts??....... I could put in the same space he has PGI editor "owner of Airgun Designs" and it would read the same as his does.

WDP would have mentioned a new marker on their site and it's way too close to the Speed for another to come, especially with no promotion beforehand.... subtle is not their style. And the fact no other site has anything about it is a dead giveaway.

Congrats, you are going to look like a gullible dope tomorrow when nothing happens and no new Angel is released. If for some odd reason you're right, I got no problem apologizing and admitting you were right but I have a pretty good notion that's not happening.

Uhm...Ant Jones is the editor of PGI, and was the person who made that post.

The angel promo images were given out in the WDP mailer, with the number 4 on them.

http://www.p8ntballer-forums.com/vb/showthread.php?threadid=21906

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=284140

Please do not flame people, when you have no idea what you are talking about.

Edit: You can start apologizing now.

Ov3rmind
07-30-2003, 04:36 PM
In addition, another person said he was E-Mailed those logo pics from WDP. Don't believe him? Check the URLs on the pics.

poolshark5226
07-30-2003, 04:39 PM

WDP would have mentioned a new marker on their site and it's way too close to the Speed for another to come, especially with no promotion beforehand.... subtle is not their style. And the fact no other site has anything about it is a dead giveaway.

how much did you hear about the Speed before it was released?

Havoc_online
07-30-2003, 04:41 PM
how many different versions of the same marker in the past 2yrs. is that now?:rolleyes:

Clare
07-30-2003, 04:42 PM
He's the editor of the magazine.... who's site it is.... and he only has 9 posts??....... I could put in the same space he has PGI editor "owner of Airgun Designs" and it would read the same as his does.

PGI owns the site. They had some changes done to their site and forum so Ant's username is still new. The same information is listed on the main page (www.p8ntballer.com).

manike
07-30-2003, 05:00 PM

Congrats, you are going to look like a gullible dope tomorrow when nothing happens and no new Angel is released. If for some odd reason you're right, I got no problem apologizing and admitting you were right but I have a pretty good notion that's not happening.

Hate to tell you this but you are the one who is wrong.

Ant's new ID on there is so that people know who he is when he makes announcements. He used to post under a pseudonym (and still does occasionally) and has a big post count as such.

I got the press releases from WDP today about the new gun.

It's being released in Stockholm.

I knew it was coming, so did quite a few people who mentioned an IR4...

I spoke to WDP today. I am visiting them to say hi tomorrow.

So all in all, yes there is a new Angel about to be released. No need to be so skeptical. And about time to apologise ;)

QUINCYMASSGUY
07-30-2003, 05:20 PM
Then I do formally apologize, it seemed the way it was posted that it was likely someone playing a joke as that is very common on forums. Poolshark 5226, I definitely apologize to you and congrats and getting the inside info so quickly, I can't believe it was being released so hush hush. Initial post deleted. Sorry guys.

DiRTyBuNNy
07-30-2003, 05:26 PM
I was just giving Ant grief...if you were at the PB Expo with me and Cap you'd know how much Ant likes to joke around with people...he didn't even know me and he was giving me a hard time.. :D :D :D

btw, when WDP starts recycling names that Kingman used for Spyders we know they're in trouble...

AlabamaMan
07-30-2003, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by Havoc_online
how many different versions of the same marker in the past 2yrs. is that now?:rolleyes:

and how many have they sold?

dansim
07-30-2003, 06:33 PM

wait i know you didnt go there, not on a mag site.... look around:rolleyes:

DiRTyBuNNy
07-30-2003, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by dansim

wait i know you didnt go there, not on a mag site.... look around:rolleyes:

Well...they say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery..

Havoc_online
07-30-2003, 06:54 PM
lol, what - I'm asking how many? :)

If I were an Angel user, I'd feel like the Angel I just bought wouldnt be top dog for long, at least wait a yr. even 2yrs is fast, these arent cars. It would make me feel like wdp didnt care about me at all, they just want to make a new sale.

All the kids want the newest and the best, it puts pressure on the paying parent most of the time. The rest of the time of course, it puts the pressure on the paintballer themselve.

If it is such a great marker, why does it need to be improved every 6 months. Because WDP(imo) cares little about who buys their markers, and how fast they make thier new stuff old news. Of course, they are a business out to make money.

But that shows you how airgun takes care of and values thier customers, they dont ask you to buy a new one, they give you a wide range of things you can do to your exsisting product so it's kept up to date - usually not for much if they even charge you at all.

So If this new marker is so big in bad, I guess if it's going to be cooler, it has to be faster if not the same speed as the speed itself...which is another thing, Have they even released a vid or any kind of proof showing it doing 30bps? We're just suposed to believe the hype "the fastest marker in the world" - I would at least like to see them back up thier claims.

Matt_mg
07-30-2003, 07:04 PM
it puts pressure on the paying parent most of the time.

Know what? Just use the South Park ADD remedy, a good ole smack on the head and a: You'll have a marker like that when you have a job to pay for it, play with your spyder and think of those who can't play at all...

Parents are way too soft these days...

AlabamaMan
07-30-2003, 07:25 PM
I don't believe that WDP produces new markers to improve upon their old ones, i believe they make them to make money. If people want to keep buying them, WDP will always make a new model.

And why shouldn't WDP make a new one every few months?

They still sell IR3's. They still sell speeds. People still buy LCD's.

There are always people that will buy used angels, from the people buying new ones.

It doesn't matter how fast it is, or how good it looks it's still an angel. WDP doesn't have to back up their claims. Most people don't care about if it's hype or not. An angel is an angel, it's a status symbol. All they need is Ryan Greenspan to come out and say "This new angel kicks butt." Then they sell tons of them.

WDP sells lots of angels, and makes lots of money. Then they change a few things. Make a new one and sell lots of them makeing alot more money. It just keeps going. It sounds like a good way to run a buisness to me.

dansim
07-30-2003, 08:04 PM
lol, what - I'm asking how many? :)

If I were an Angel user, I'd feel like the Angel I just bought wouldnt be top dog for long, at least wait a yr. even 2yrs is fast, these arent cars. It would make me feel like wdp didnt care about me at all, they just want to make a new sale.

All the kids want the newest and the best, it puts pressure on the paying parent most of the time. The rest of the time of course, it puts the pressure on the paintballer themselve.

If it is such a great marker, why does it need to be improved every 6 months. Because WDP(imo) cares little about who buys their markers, and how fast they make thier new stuff old news. Of course, they are a business out to make money.

But that shows you how airgun takes care of and values thier customers, they dont ask you to buy a new one, they give you a wide range of things you can do to your exsisting product so it's kept up to date - usually not for much if they even charge you at all.

So If this new marker is so big in bad, I guess if it's going to be cooler, it has to be faster if not the same speed as the speed itself...which is another thing, Have they even released a vid or any kind of proof showing it doing 30bps? We're just suposed to believe the hype "the fastest marker in the world" - I would at least like to see them back up thier claims.

okay said like that its understandable but i was taking it as you said they are just releasing teh same marker with one or two ugrades and calling it new(wich they are) but look at the mag line its the same thing, but i do like how agd gives you parts to change your mag around...when they are in stock;)

*ArKfEaR*
07-30-2003, 11:30 PM

If it is such a great marker, why does it need to be improved every 6 months.

Since when is improvement a bad thing?

I mean really, what if AGD never improved there design (Level 10)? AGD would still be down the tubes in sales. Improvising is always going to be around ESPECIALLY in paintball, but whats wrong with making money. The Angel is an amazing gun no matter what anyone says and just like AlabamaMan said reguardless of hype they are indeed great guns. If you can make it chop less balls, shoot faster, have more useless goodies, and make it prettier as well as lighter? Why the hell not...

Pretty much you just said if next month AGD came out with a new mag that recharged faster than before, shot 40 balls a second, weighed 1 lb , had a new level 10 called level 14 and ran at 40 psi. It got 2000 shots per 68/45 fill and got 250,000 shots off of one battery charge. It also came with a blade trigger as standard (;)) you wouldnt be happy? Sounds to me like an X-Mag improved... but thats bad i thought?

Wooosh87
07-30-2003, 11:44 PM
You have to give credit to WDP. They released the Angel back in what? 1995? I think it was called the Angel V6. Correct me if I am wrong on that one. Since then the field hasn't been the same. I remember playing at a field and seeing an Angel for the first time. I have seen angel's at the field ever since. They exploded onto the scene and took control. They make a quality product and know how to market it too. Like them or hate them, you respect them.
Personally I like it when a company expands their product line. More choices for me, and usually prices drop on the other items. I think WDP has the right attitude for paintball. Wouldn't you like to see AGD come out with 3 or 4 different body styles for the X Mag? More choices for you. That is what WDP is doing, enlarging their customer base and product catalog. More power to them.

P.S. If you look at the one picture of the "4" that has the gun behind it, or a part of the gun I should say, it has 2 slide switches on the grip frame just below the body. Hummm... Simple style ACE? Sort of like the setup on the Bushmasters with PDS. Also looks like a blade style trigger too. (To make it easier to recognize, the gun is pointing from left to right.)

spydervenom
07-30-2003, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by DiRTyBuNNy
btw, when WDP starts recycling names that Kingman used for Spyders we know they're in trouble...

Well...they say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery..

heh

oneshot
07-30-2003, 11:46 PM
crap, I thaught I would have a little time before I had to start saving for my next gun.

o well, can't wait to see the pics.

keep us informed

heftylefty
07-31-2003, 12:03 AM
geeze another one. they have a weird trigger on there, its like hollow. they are probably trying to make it much lighter.

im very interested to see what it turns out to be like. hopefully the price will be reduced like how the 03 lcd and the speed did. make it more affordable for me:)

M-a-s-sDriver
07-31-2003, 12:41 AM
I'm guessing here, but in the "4" logo you can see 2 rotational dials to the front and rear of the trigger hinge point...maybe a fingertip, on-the-fly trigger adjustment?
That's worth $100 bucks to me right there.
Oh, and by the way; whoever the ding-dong is complaining about small improvements, you need to get a life. Any improvement is cool with me.
Brent Jackson.

Havoc_online
07-31-2003, 12:45 AM
AlabamaMan - Yes, I believe they should back up claims. If they truly did have the "fastest marker in the world" and I built my own marker - then started to claim in ads that I built the fastest marker, you can bet I'd pay for it. I guess no one has really asked them to prove it cause I supose that would just lead to more sales for them in all the controversy.

dansim - Thanks for the straight-up reply :)

*ArKfEaR* - no need to act silly, there's no where NEAR that big of a difference between each of WDP's newest markers. I would welcome one that different.

Wooosh87 - they are not making 3-4 different bodies for the Angel, they are making you buy a whole new Angel. Also, of course prices go down, but that's if your willing to settle for the old stuff. And I really doubt they are going towards the ACE - unless J.R. forgot about saying the the ACE was a flawed system.

oneshot - you worded it perfect for me, thank you.

MASS - any improvement is cool with me too, but I like to get it for the marker I just bought. :) (p.s. bite me;))

AlabamaMan
07-31-2003, 10:17 AM
AlabamaMan - Yes, I believe they should back up claims. If they truly did have the "fastest marker in the world" and I built my own marker - then started to claim in ads that I built the fastest marker, you can bet I'd pay for it. I guess no one has really asked them to prove it cause I supose that would just lead to more sales for them in all the controversy.

So your saying that you want them to backup their claims. But if someone actully made a big deal out of it. It would cause WDP to sell more angels just because everyone would want to see for themselves if in fact the angel is the fastest marker.

So if they did backup their claims, made alot more hype, and sold alot more angels that would be bad?

The way i see it is your whole point is you say that you want them to backup their claims, but you really don't want them too, because your afraid they will sell more of the little suckers?

Mr. T!
07-31-2003, 11:16 AM
How can you say WDP doesn't back up thier claims?? The Speeds are super ****ing fast....

Another thing i don't understand is why people are saying all WDP does is release another body and not make any improvements. LOOK at the Change from the LED to the LCD (BIG change). LOOk at the change from the LCD to the IR3 (Big Change), and look and the the change from the IR3 to the Speed (incrediable change!!). Every new product that WDP releases is a major step above the other, similar to the change from the classic timmy to the 2k2, feature wise and everything else drasticly changed.

IMO, the only simularity to the LED and the Speed is the name, Angel. Those two guns are totally different.

TigerMan
07-31-2003, 11:51 AM
I don't know how people can say WDP is doing something wrong and how they're going to make people feel like they have old technology. This is the first time WDP has released a 2 guns in a year. The LED had what 3 years on top? The LCD 3 years as well. The IR3 a little longer than a year. Each has had their time, and each has been on top for a good time. Each of their different year models (of the same type of marker) just came out with a different body style, if you got the C&C, but other than the that the markers were the same. I think it's good their expanding. Their just trying to restake and hold their claim to people's opinions of being the top marker.

Automaggin2
07-31-2003, 12:33 PM

Havoc, I think There have been more timmy variations then Angel variations in the past 2 years. Wait, in the past year there has probably been more timmy variations then angel variations, ever. lol.

*ArKfEaR*
07-31-2003, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by Automaggin2

Havoc, I think There have been more timmy variations then Angel variations in the past 2 years. Wait, in the past year there has probably been more timmy variations then angel variations, ever. lol.

Yah but the difference between the timmys is the fact that they aren't even improving anything. Just different kinds of gaudy milling.

Besides the original intimidator to the new 2k2 all those Dragon timmys and GZ timmys are all different milling.

and they are all ugly too... :rolleyes:

Ov3rmind
07-31-2003, 02:56 PM
Link (http://www.forceofnature.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=677&mode=thread&order=0&thold=0)

Looks nice... Until I saw the grip frame (extremely ugly). Just throw on a better looking trigger guard and trigger and it could look decent (and maybe put the guage somewhere readable). The milling on the body is decent though, i definitely like it better than any milling found on the Speeds or IR3s.

FreakBaller12
07-31-2003, 03:02 PM
i think it's beautiful yet another thign i can't afford!!:D :confused:

heftylefty
07-31-2003, 03:14 PM
it looks pretty nice besides the trigger. thats the ugliest trigger ive seen on an angel yet.

Ov3rmind
07-31-2003, 03:40 PM
Personally, there are too many gadgets on this new gun for me.

Go to Angel-Owners to see other detailed pics from Stockholm (atleast I think it is).

Ov3rmind
07-31-2003, 04:07 PM
Bronze

Ov3rmind
07-31-2003, 04:09 PM
Silver

Ov3rmind
07-31-2003, 04:10 PM
Red

shwerp
07-31-2003, 04:21 PM
bolt looks like it has a foamie on it, agd has done it again.

Ov3rmind
07-31-2003, 04:30 PM
I'm looking at a picture of the face of the bolt right now, I'm not seeing this foamie you're talking about.

UThomas
07-31-2003, 04:32 PM
they are not making 3-4 different bodies for the Angel, they are making you buy a whole new Angel. Also, of course prices go down, but that's if your willing to settle for the old stuff.

At what point did you start believing that you were entitled to the latest and greatest?

You must be a real pain in the *** to buy cars with :)

spacedtedybear
07-31-2003, 04:32 PM
After reading the article on FON, it sounds like a Speed with an LCD. Correct me if I'm wrong.

GT
07-31-2003, 04:59 PM
dust sux:rolleyes:

MarkM
07-31-2003, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by spacedtedybear
After reading the article on FON, it sounds like a Speed with an LCD. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Yes, but it has external trigger adjustment, and the minireg output is known by having the gauge built in, it also has a debounce setting in the software, plus all the modes of fire including for those areas that allow it, Full auto etc, that of course will probably be like the IR3 and locked but it's there...all of this is not on the Speed.

MarkM
07-31-2003, 05:08 PM
http://members.lycos.nl/angelcocker/A4/angel_4_adjustable_feedneck_with_o-rings.jpg

http://members.lycos.nl/angelcocker/A4/angel_4_pressure_gauge.jpg

http://members.lycos.nl/angelcocker/A4/angel_4_breech.jpg

http://members.lycos.nl/angelcocker/A4/angel_4_rotary_breech.jpg

http://members.lycos.nl/angelcocker/A4/angel_4_back1.jpg

http://members.lycos.nl/angelcocker/A4/angel_4_bolt.jpg

and that pic of the bolt looks like a foamie to me, the Speed bolt is recessed gold coloured ally, that is flat and don't look like metal

Ov3rmind
07-31-2003, 05:22 PM
It doesn't look like metal, but it doesn't look like a foamie either (more like a venturi). From what I've heard, it's actually a rubber like material.

magman007
07-31-2003, 06:36 PM
it loks just like an agd bolt with a stick on it! :)

DiRTyBuNNy
07-31-2003, 06:47 PM
Wow..that trigger looks weird..and with those external trigger adjustments...how do you stop them from getting out of adjustment?

anyone have an MSRP yet?

GatoLoco
07-31-2003, 07:48 PM
According to the article, its more accurate and faster than any other marker:rolleyes:

cris8762
07-31-2003, 08:07 PM
yes, we NEED a MSRP!!!! since i'm looking for a new marker:)

Kaiser Bob
07-31-2003, 08:09 PM
Wow..that trigger looks weird..and with those external trigger adjustments...how do you stop them from getting out of adjustment?

anyone have an MSRP yet?

id assume it has something to do with the lug between the wheels

AlabamaMan
07-31-2003, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by cris8762
yes, we NEED a MSRP!!!! since i'm looking for a new marker:)

Rumor has it. $1400 Now how bad do you need a new marker?

CoFFeY[NiTrO]
07-31-2003, 08:59 PM

They're turning into Kingman... :p

WARPED1
07-31-2003, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by AlabamaMan

and how many have they sold? Well, considering you can't swing a dead cat without hitting at least 5 Angels............that require no adjusting out of the box*cough*LX*cough*ULE Trigger*cough*

cris8762
07-31-2003, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by AlabamaMan

Rumor has it. $1400 Now how bad do you need a new marker?

not THAT bad......i guess i'll just have to settle for a nice timmy....

Ov3rmind
07-31-2003, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by GatoLoco
According to the article, its more accurate and faster than any other marker:rolleyes:
And they are somewhat right. Who knows, maybe it is faster than a Mag (we already know the board is)? As for the accuracy section, it sounds like they drastically reduced the Angel's kick. While the gun wont actually shoot straighter, you will be more accurate when shooting several consecutive shots then with guns with noticeable kick.

GhostXmasFuture
07-31-2003, 11:27 PM
With a new gun coming out every 2.5 days. I want to just get an RT pro, and be happy for a while. Instead of getting whiplash from all the "Cool" hype popping up all the time.

*ArKfEaR*
07-31-2003, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by GhostXmasFuture
With a new gun coming out every 2.5 days. I want to just get an RT pro, and be happy for a while. Instead of getting whiplash from all the "Cool" hype popping up all the time.

lol, Meph is so right when he says you are all close minded zombies here on AO. How you know it is hype? Have you shot the Angel 4, ummm no. When people say hype they should know when to use it; How is it hype if its not what people expected it to be, but no one has shot it yet. Reguardless of them going overboard with the "accuracy" thing im sure it shoots real nice.

It is the officially nicest milled Angel yet IMO.

Sickly, alot of improvements from the Speed.

WDP knows paintball, period.

A+ :D

Woogie12
08-01-2003, 12:04 AM
Here's another pic.

Woogie12
08-01-2003, 12:05 AM
And another. Got em off of www.angel-owners.com.

mag-hatter
08-01-2003, 12:22 AM
the new angel's name should be the "ir1337"

Woogie12
08-01-2003, 12:34 AM
It's called the A4. I thought it would be called the IR4.

Mr. T!
08-01-2003, 12:37 AM
In know way is anything wdp does all HYPE. All of thier products work as advertised, they rip like no bodys biz.

That gun looks freakin SICK!!

Woogie12
08-01-2003, 12:40 AM
My friend is thinking about selling his e-bladed, Aim21 eagle bodied cocker for one.

oneshot
08-01-2003, 12:50 AM
its starting to grow on me already, earlier in the day I hated the trigger, but my opinion is changing. I wonder if you can put a normal speed grip on it to make it look better.

can't wait to shoot one.

I hope cobra comes out with a mamba version;)

Woogie12
08-01-2003, 12:51 AM
That would be soooo sweet. The IR3 mamba is sick i can't imagine what an A4 mamba would be like.

GatoLoco
08-01-2003, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by Ov3rmind

And they are somewhat right. Who knows, maybe it is faster than a Mag (we already know the board is)? As for the accuracy section, it sounds like they drastically reduced the Angel's kick. While the gun wont actually shoot straighter, you will be more accurate when shooting several consecutive shots then with guns with noticeable kick.

However, there are plenty of high-end low kick markers, matrices, timmies, shockers (even though smart parts is evil), high end cockers, ect

EDIT: by the way, that blue one is cat-smackariffic!

MagOwnerzRule
08-01-2003, 11:03 AM
Hmmmm, is angel tryin to catch up with Spyder Clones?

Ov3rmind
08-01-2003, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by GatoLoco

However, there are plenty of high-end low kick markers, matrices, timmies, shockers (even though smart parts is evil), high end cockers, ect
Maybe it has lower kick than all of them, no one knows yet.

MagOwnerzRule, was that a joke?

Wooosh87
08-02-2003, 01:06 AM

Wooosh87 - they are not making 3-4 different bodies for the Angel, they are making you buy a whole new Angel. Also, of course prices go down, but that's if your willing to settle for the old stuff. And I really doubt they are going towards the ACE - unless J.R. forgot about saying the the ACE was a flawed system.

Havoc, I used the wrong words I guess. They make different "STYLES" from which you may choose. But, yes, the do have different bodies so to speak. The Fly is the same as the C&C is the same as the Base in all respects except for milling. Get what I was after? I was trying to make a point that AGD might do some good by offering different "Styles" of X Mags. Yes, the X Mag is hot, but why not have 3 different choices of body styles?

As far as settling for the old stuff, So I guess last months shippment of stuff from WDP is already outdated? Last I checked they still make the LCD model. New milling, new internal parts and such, and cheaper. To say it's old is not fair. They just have different models out.

I again used the wrong words. I ment to say "COPS". My bad. I just get used to saying "ACE" for ALL the types of systems that do the same job. It was late when I was on line last time, cut me some slack!!! :D