PDA

View Full Version : classic 68 mag

Jesse-man
07-30-2003, 12:07 PM
hi im new to this foruim and i just bought a classic 68 mag. I was wordering what i should do to it first.

nt2004
07-30-2003, 12:12 PM
well do yo have the necessities? i.e barrel, forgrip, hopper, bottomline? The first thing I did to my mag when i bought it was put a drop on it and a foregrip(it came without one)and late on after i had taken care of all the small upgrades i moved on to biggerones such as a level 10, and an intelliframe. Try to pick out good drops and grips that conform to how you play. I made mine into a good speedball gun because i like speedball. If you like woods ball, then modify it for woodsball

mistwolf
07-30-2003, 12:12 PM
In my opinion, the best thing you can do is get that baby to L10, either through an L10 kit or an x-valve. The latter being greatly preffered, IMHO, because you need an X-valve or an RT valve in order to use the ULE trigger, which you will want. :) Second would be a good hopper to keep up with the L10/X-valve. Third would be an upgraded barrell or kit. Then an intellifram/y-frame/whatnot. Then either the ULE trigger, or a warp (Will we ever see a ULE warp? The things weigh a ton!). Then whichever of those you didn't get. Then a nicer mainbody. :)

Just my opinion!

Jamie

nt2004
07-30-2003, 12:17 PM
you might not want to jump to all those complicated mods right away. If you have little experience with the gun, its a bad idea to try to put all that stuff into the gun right away. I suggest playing for a while with the gun and decide if you really wnat/ need all that

Jesse-man
07-30-2003, 12:17 PM
i got a drop forward that put my tank up about 3 inches from stock and bought a vl 9 volt hopper. i hae every thing it needs to run so far but almost lost the little part in the valve after my spring poped out and almost hit me in the eye (i closed it in time). and thx for the replies.

Jesse-man
07-30-2003, 12:18 PM
i was taking out the valve when it poped out

mistwolf
07-30-2003, 12:21 PM
Well, yes and no. I personally consider L10 to be an absolute must, because it vastly reduces paint chopping. A motorised hopper he has, so that is fine. A barrell is a good idea, but not critical. Out of what I listed, I'd say only the l10 is 'essential' to mag ownership.

Jamie

Jesse-man
07-30-2003, 12:26 PM
the person i am bought the mag from iis looking for a dye accel barrel that he had lying around and i was wondering if some one could tell me about how much i can buy a level 10 for around here.

gibby
07-30-2003, 12:37 PM
Along with the level 10...I would say the next thing is a compressed air tank. Like someone said before, play with it for a while before you decide to dump a lot of money into upgrades. Besides, when you do finally upgrade, you'll be more than pleased with the results as the performance increases tremendously!

mistwolf
07-30-2003, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by gibby
Along with the level 10...I would say the next thing is a compressed air tank. Like someone said before, play with it for a while before you decide to dump a lot of money into upgrades. Besides, when you do finally upgrade, you'll be more than pleased with the results as the performance increases tremendously!

Yes! I knew there was something I was forgetting, this would definately go on my list between l10 and anything else, and in fact is required if you get an x-valve.

You can get almost everything you could want at the AGD store. :)

Jamie

$tevo
07-30-2003, 01:26 PM
before you get lvl 10, and a new trigger. get nitro, you can get a cheap one for under $100. mags do not run so good on co2. then after nitro get the lvl 10, then get a decent barrel like a CP.After you get those, you should get a y frame or intelli frame. then you can shoot for a ULE body. and if you want to start doing tournies and you wanna rip paint like a mofo, get the xvalve

Jesse-man
07-30-2003, 02:01 PM
thanks every one for the tips.

Halliday
07-30-2003, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by mistwolf
.... A barrell is a good idea, but not critical. Jamie

I'd say a barrel is a little more than a good idea. You won't be shooting much without one.

paint
Motorized hopper
HPA
a few diff size bore barrels
LX

in that order.