PDA

View Full Version : lay off the ULE trigger

TheJester
07-30-2003, 03:04 PM
ok guys, lay off on the ULT threads....i see 3 of them (not including tom's sticky) on the 1st page alone. it will be out in all due time, he'll tell us when he's feels damn ready. yes i want 1 too, but just cause he posted a classic doesn't mean every 1 has to create their own thread saying the same thing.

sorry for yellin, but come on

mistwolf
07-30-2003, 03:09 PM
I had written mine last night and forgot to hit submit, hit it when I got back to the computer today, then saw Tom's post.

Regardless, I don't think it is unreasonable to be asking for the status of a product that they hoped to get out by IAO. Sure, they didn't (Except the 50 they gave away), but we haven't heard anything since then.

Beyond which, so there is three threads. So what? Either read them, or don't. Noone holds a gun to your head and makes you click. The volume on these forums is pretty low, try going to a high-volume environment, with a few hundred posts a day, and you'll be happy to wade through a few similar threads.

Jamie

Duke of Lawnchair
07-30-2003, 03:11 PM
Isn't this yet another thread concerning the ULT in one way or another?

Thordic
07-30-2003, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by mistwolf
Regardless, I don't think it is unreasonable to be asking for the status of a product that they hoped to get out by IAO. Sure, they didn't (Except the 50 they gave away), but we haven't heard anything since then.

How about next time they just don't give you any advance warning at all?

AGD is nice enough to give people notice of new products months before production just to keep AO'ers in the loop, and what is their reward?

Everyone starts *****ing to them about wanting the product NOW. I propose Tom lets people like you simply remain ignorant until the item is ready to go into the store.

You aren't "entitled" to know about product development. You may be interested, but insider information on R&D and such is NOT a right, its a priveledge that too many AO'ers take for granted.

So that being said, ok, you want an update. How about a week and a half? You are being ridiculous. Was Rome built in a day?

The ULT's given out at IAO were intended for beta testing so Tom could take the results and tweak the final product as needed. That means that the people who received the triggers need to USE them first so they can give info to Tom on performance in the field.

You are simply being another impatient AO'er screaming for information about things that for some reason you believe you are entitled to know.

When it's ready, Tom will let you know. Your knowledge of its development will neither speed up nor slow down that process. This isn't a major purchase you need to balance your fiscal year around.

Patience is a virtue.

RRfireblade
07-30-2003, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by Duke of Lawnchair

QUINCYMASSGUY
07-30-2003, 04:11 PM
Sorry Jester, I do agree it's humorous you opened another thread to complain about too many threads..... but I also agree your point is valid. I was under the impression Tom meant at IAO they would be for sale and therefore right after IAO they would be in stores, but beta testing is worth waiting for. I'm happy to wait.

USAF-Flyboy with a Mag
07-30-2003, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by Duke of Lawnchair

haha jim

Star_Base_CGI
07-30-2003, 05:13 PM
Yes it only makes sense to create another thread.

Is someone trying to bury the ULT?

Oh boohoo 3 threads so lets make a 4rth.

Why not tell people not to post on the ULT at all?

FooTemps
07-30-2003, 05:27 PM
I think the mods should zealously close ult threads like they do anti-sp threads...

mistwolf
07-30-2003, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by Thordic

How about next time they just don't give you any advance warning at all?

AGD is nice enough to give people notice of new products months before production just to keep AO'ers in the loop, and what is their reward?

Everyone starts *****ing to them about wanting the product NOW. I propose Tom lets people like you simply remain ignorant until the item is ready to go into the store.

Where did I ***** about wanting it now? I made a simple, fairly polite (If terse) query regarding status. I asked if it would be done by Shatnerball. I did not yell, *****, or demand anything. I asked a simple question. :P

You aren't "entitled" to know about product development. You may be interested, but insider information on R&D and such is NOT a right, its a priveledge that too many AO'ers take for granted.

Perhaps some do. I don't. I ask precious few questions about upcoming products. And I know that they will be done when they are done. Conversely, if you tell a group of people about something new, then you open yourself up for questions about it. Frankly, the AO crowd is actually amazingly good on this front. Try the video game industry when a game or patch is promised then delivered late, or the computer hardware industry. AO waits patiently for just about everything, with naught by a little good-natured grumbling and querying. I've yet to see a thread saying 'If you don't put out product X RIGHT NOW, I am buying an angel!'. Well, ok, I have, but it's rare.

So that being said, ok, you want an update. How about a week and a half? You are being ridiculous. Was Rome built in a day?

I am certainly /not/ being ridiculous. It is entirely possible they will be out by Shatnerball. It is also entirely possible they won't. I am as prepared for a 'No' as a 'Yes'. Either answer helps me plan my labor day weekend appropriately.

The ULT's given out at IAO were intended for beta testing so Tom could take the results and tweak the final product as needed. That means that the people who received the triggers need to USE them first so they can give info to Tom on performance in the field.

Which they apparently are either not doing, or only just starting to do.

For the record, I will happily pay the price of the class, plus shipping, for anyone who got one and doesn't have the need to beta test them. I will be happy to put it together and give my feedback directly to Tom at the big game. :P

You are simply being another impatient AO'er screaming for information about things that for some reason you believe you are entitled to know.

I am a rather patient AOer who is willing to wait until the product is done RIGHT. I fail to see your logic by your assumption that anyone, anywhere, who asks when they might be done, or even worse, will they be done by a certain day, is demanding or being impatient. I am simply trying to plan my monetary expenditures. Any answer to my question would be fine, or none. Yes, no, maybe, we don't know... It's not about the right answer, it's about interest.

When it's ready, Tom will let you know. Your knowledge of its development will neither speed up nor slow down that process. This isn't a major purchase you need to balance your fiscal year around.

Actually, yes, it is. When you are talking about something that retails for (Estimated, of course) $100 or so, it does factor in to people's finances. I am planning a big weekend out for Shatnerball, on a fairly tight budget. Knowing ahead of time that I should set aside some cash for this means I might need to adjust my spending elsewhere. I'm also going to a big SCA event in 2 weeks, and am in an expensive, three-week set of classes now. $100 is a BIG dent in my planning at this point.

Patience is a virtue. [/B]

Yes, it is, in so many way. So is tolerance. So is inquisitiveness. So is loyalty. I'm not the one loosing his patience here.

Jamie

mistwolf
07-30-2003, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by FooTemps
I think the mods should zealously close ult threads like they do anti-sp threads...

Better yet, they should close any thread that gets more than one reply.

Jamie