PDA

View Full Version : Hmmm...that girl looks familiar...

Furby
07-30-2003, 06:48 PM
The girl on the end there...on the right...why, is that Claire?

http://www.apxseries.com/BunkerFest2003/AnimalGrrrls.jpg

IcantBelieveit
07-30-2003, 06:50 PM
geezz.....some of those girls are hideous...and i am glad to say that is NOT clare

magman007
07-30-2003, 06:53 PM
nope not clare

Furby
07-30-2003, 06:56 PM
That picture is from the APX website...from Bunkerfest this past weekend in San Antonio, TX. Claire was there, and it would appear that somehow Rosey and the Animal Grrls got her in some Grrl gear...as it's hot as HELL in TX this time of year, none of the girls look like themselves...they've partially melted from the heat!

manike
07-30-2003, 06:57 PM
It's still definitely NOT Clare :)

Clare
07-30-2003, 06:59 PM
I was there but that's not me. :)

Lone Wolf2
07-30-2003, 07:03 PM
there all butter faces if u ask meespecially the one with red hair she looks like she hit every branch on the ugly tree on her way down.

Furby
07-30-2003, 07:03 PM
I stand corrected. It didn't make sense, since what little I know about Claire is that she's a little shy...the Grrls tend to be pretty outgoing, and not too nervous about walking around in SHORT shorts.

Not the first time I've been wrong.

Apologies, Capo.

/me waits for the floggings

Animal Mother
07-30-2003, 07:04 PM
Not even close to Clare, lol

Clare is a professional athlete, not a Hooters booth ornament. Although she does happen to be very pretty :D

Clare
07-30-2003, 07:06 PM
the Grrls tend to be pretty outgoing, and not too nervous about walking around in SHORT shorts.

So as not to be labeled "a little shy" or "not outgoing", I have to wear skimpy clothing and sashay my hips on the field? (no offense to the grrrls, ofcourse) That's a new one to me. :)

Although she does happen to be very pretty

Miscue
07-30-2003, 07:09 PM
I'd do it if I were asked to... for a good cause. :p

Animal Mother
07-30-2003, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by Miscue
I'd do it if I were asked to... for a good cause. :p

That just.... wouldn't help anybody.

hehehe :)

Clare
07-30-2003, 07:20 PM
I'd do it if I were asked to... for a good cause.

only if you wear that club shirt of yours! :p

Miscue
07-30-2003, 07:25 PM
Tell you what... I'll get you another one of those... and will wear it if you do too. :D

Now there's a photo op if there ever was one.

Clare
07-30-2003, 07:30 PM
:eek: I think I'll have to decline. lol

Miscue
07-30-2003, 07:31 PM
Ah... can't take what you dish out eh?! Hehe.

sneakyhacker420
07-30-2003, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by Lone Wolf2
there all butter faces if u ask meespecially the one with red hair she looks like she hit every branch on the ugly tree on her way down.

can you say "Pork Rinds"? :eek:

Miscue
07-30-2003, 08:14 PM
Errm... how about keeping the negative commentary to yourself. You never know when someone is a forum member here... it's happened before.

sneakyhacker420
07-30-2003, 08:50 PM
tom and gunga showing off the AO femme gear :eek:

Gunga
07-30-2003, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by Furby
The girl on the end there...on the right...why, is that Claire?

Methinks you need a new set of glasses, Dale. :)

Animal Mother
07-30-2003, 09:00 PM
You guys talking crap on the ladies above, post a picture of yourself so we can see what kind of "prize" you all are.

JT2002
07-30-2003, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by CaPoEiRa

So as not to be labeled "a little shy" or "not outgoing", I have to wear skimpy clothing and sashay my hips on the field? . :)

Now thats the right idea! (thats a good new theme for your next poster :rolleyes: :D ) go 4 it! :rolleyes: :D . the new poster looks good, how do you like it?

Pballwizz
07-30-2003, 09:58 PM
Is it me or does the second one in from teh right look like she's in distress?

Xerces
07-30-2003, 10:12 PM
i don't really have anything to add to this thread, except..

TOM SERVO IS THE MAN!!!

Benfica4ever
07-30-2003, 10:40 PM
That does look alot like claire.
But she has more of a tan.

Mag Master 04
07-30-2003, 11:02 PM
BUTTER FACE!!!, BUTTER FACE, everythings good BUT HER FACE....MUHAHAHAHAHA! i love that shizzy man, i thought i was the only one who knew that, good for u man

Troy
07-31-2003, 12:31 AM
Originally posted by Lone Wolf2

With an attitude like that it is no wonder you are Lone Wolf.

Animal Mother
07-31-2003, 12:53 AM
Really... I say again, if you're all such prizes, post your picture so we can make comments.

ratmonkey
07-31-2003, 01:50 AM
looks like your average high school cheerleader squad.

not that i wouldn't hit it given the chance though...if they came in pairs.

dcmander
07-31-2003, 02:06 AM
Clare has much skinnier (nicer) legs than that girl too. :)

Clare is much prettier.

Furby
07-31-2003, 07:36 AM
Originally posted by Animal Mother
Really... I say again, if you're all such prizes, post your picture so we can make comments.

Since I made the mistaken identity on Capo, I'll be the first to put my pic up:

http://www.paintballchannel.com/gallery/data/551/603Dale.JPG

And I'll see about getting the glasses updated today as well...hehe

Albinonewt
07-31-2003, 07:57 AM
Originally posted by CaPoEiRa
So as not to be labeled "a little shy" or "not outgoing", I have to wear skimpy clothing and sashay my hips on the field?

Actually, according to the bylaws only the skimpy clothing part is required. Sashaying the hips though is a nice touch.

Albinonewt
07-31-2003, 07:57 AM

You look angry.

ogre55
07-31-2003, 08:27 AM

Or better yet, why don't you post pics of the girls that you date. Considering your comments I am suure they're ravishing looks would floor us all.

Furby
07-31-2003, 08:33 AM
Originally posted by Albinonewt

You look angry.

The photographer snapped the picture while I was listening to my team captain ask me a question about the '03 Shocker in my hands. My wife will tell you I'm a goofball, I just don't usually look it.

I'd post a picture of my wife here, but she's shy and not terribly outgoing with regards to the paintball community...she's just gotten her start in the sport, so she's a little nervous about having her picture taken holding a gun cuz she doesn't wanna look like a goob. She's going to make a hell of a front player some day...she's 4'11"...first time I saw her play, she STOOD behind her bunker and got on her tip toes to shoot. It was adorable.

JEDI
07-31-2003, 09:06 AM
I would never make it as a hot girl in the spot light. Too much criticism and drooling. Clare, how do you do it? I commend you. :)

ShooterJM
07-31-2003, 10:12 AM
Be nice, I bet they all would look pretty hot in a different setting.

Mango
07-31-2003, 10:15 AM
Furby you look constipated, are you ok? haha

Evil Bob
07-31-2003, 10:36 AM
I think we have found a possible stunt or body double for Clare when they get around to making the movie :)

Furby: I can relate, my wife is 4'10", people would jump into her bunker and not see her, she's got more point blank shots on guy's back sides then anyone I know.

-Evil Bob

graycie
07-31-2003, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by sneakyhacker420
tom and gunga showing off the AO femme gear :eek:

haven't you two realized gap kids doesn't carry your size:D

raehl
07-31-2003, 12:12 PM
I don't know why, but I always had you pegged as an oolder, larger guy. Go figure.

Personally, I'm getting mighty sick of all these scantily clad "paintball chick" photos. (That includes the new Claire AGD poster.)

I want more pics of female players in paintball uniforms - of teams they actually play on. Women who spend more time practicing than making publicity appearances. Put an end to this "Yeah, you can be a well-known woman in paintball - if you look good on a poster" stuff.

Not that I have anything against playing paintball AND looking good, but I'd really like to see more women take paintball seriously as an athletic option, and that's not going to happen until we start recognizing women in the sport WITHOUT sticking them on a poster with product in their hand.

Here's a hottie after a day of paintball with NO product, for example:

http://www.college-paintball.com/pics/chris5.jpg

Oh, alright, fine, here's another one you'll like better - this time at the bar after a day of paintball (still with no product) ;)

http://www.college-paintball.com/pics/sara.jpg

- Chris

ShooterJM
07-31-2003, 12:16 PM
Eh I kinda prefer the natural look myself. Much more attractive when women look like they actually go out and do stuff.

Yeah, I prefer the second picture, but that's one nasty welt on her arm! She get bunkered or something?

Mango
07-31-2003, 12:28 PM
Raehl, so what are you saying? That women like Clare and Bea dont take the game seriously? Both are highly committed to the sport and to promoting it. If they can use thier talents AND good looks to do so, then more power to them. There is nothing wrong with doing what they do. And never doubt for a second thier committment and dedication to the sport.

Havoc_online
07-31-2003, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by raehl
Personally, I'm getting mighty sick of all these scantily clad "paintball chick" photos. (That includes the new Claire AGD poster.)

I want more pics of female players in paintball uniforms - of teams they actually play on. Women who spend more time practicing than making publicity appearances. Put an end to this "Yeah, you can be a well-known woman in paintball - if you look good on a poster" stuff.

Not that I have anything against playing paintball AND looking good, but I'd really like to see more women take paintball seriously as an athletic option, and that's not going to happen until we start recognizing women in the sport WITHOUT sticking them on a poster with product in their hand.

Oh, alright, fine, here's another one you'll like better - this time at the bar after a day of paintball (still with no product) ;)

- Chris

First of all, I'm sorry to say - right now you are representing about .05% of paintball players by saying that. Thats the WHOLE POINT about Clare - She's a spokesmodel for AGD WHO PLAYS(awesomely I might add incase you havent heard). She's actually a player FIRST and Spokesmodel SECOND. You should do a little research before typing away - She goes to most if not all the big events to PLAY primarily. So what does that lead to? Her IN UNIFORM, PLAYING in several magazines and websites. So, people begin to see this person(who happens to have sponsorship obligations) in posters(and you havent seen them all so you are no one to stereotype her work, just wait) because they've already seen her in action, now they want to see this.
I'm also willing to bet that she practices more than ANYONE you know. Dedicated, she drives over an hour every weekend to her local field, sometimes on both Sat. and Sun. Plus, she would often hop on an airplane and make 2 full weekend trips PER MONTH to Florida to practice with the likes of the Femmes and PROFESSIONAL teams like AFTERSHOCK and others (and I'm also willing to bet that even 1 day of practice with them is more than a few months for you). Also, she'll be playing with AGD pride at the next NPPL event. Not only does she play every chance she gets, but occasionally writes for PGI. She'll be getting a monthly column in the near future.

Albinonewt
07-31-2003, 12:43 PM
Personally I'm tired of attractive athletic women playing the game. They keep whooping me and the latent chauvinist in me is getting embarrased :)

Be a Damsel in distree for crying out loud! And make sure you're convincing, or i might not set my bear down and leave the couch to "rescue" you.

ShooterJM
07-31-2003, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by Albinonewt
Be a Damsel in distree for crying out loud! And make sure you're convincing, or i might not set my bear down and leave the couch to "rescue" you.

ROFLMAO That's great! But don't do it too much ladies or it'll get annoying. ;)

JEDI
07-31-2003, 12:59 PM
I don't know why, but I always had you pegged as an oolder, larger guy. Go figure.

- Chris
See that, you tried to sound sensitive, and got flamed. Sex sells man. It doesnt have to belittle a person unless in your mind it does. No one looks down on a girl because she's in a poster. Give em credit. These girls chose to do what they do.

DiRTyBuNNy
07-31-2003, 01:07 PM
I don't care what you guys say...I'll take the tall blonde in the middle in a heartbeat..

and darn, Havoc...I've got some leftover Paxil you can chew on..

JEDI
07-31-2003, 01:11 PM
Haha, yeah, You slackers. I wouldnt throw any of them outta bed.

raehl
07-31-2003, 01:29 PM
I'm not talking about Claire or Bea or anyone else in particular (esp. since I'm pretty sure both Claire and Bea could give me a good walloping on the field). I'm talking about the marketing. Why can't AGD have a poster of Claire in a jersey bunkering some poor fool instead of in a pair of hotpants cuddling with a stuffed animal with product conspicuously cast into the shot?

Fact of the matter is that if Claire were just as good of a player as she is, but half as attractive, we wouldn't be having this discussion, because none of you would know who she was or care. And that's kinda sad. It's also not a knock on Claire and her skills, it's a knock on the industry and the way they treat/approach/present female players. And the way players treat/approach female players - even here. 80-90% of the comments on AO in Claire-related threads are about what? Hint: It's not her game.

We have our fair share of women playing in the college league, and I definitely like to showcase that participation - but I have no pictures of our female players that highlight their sex appeal. We've got them in uniforms and playing, because I think it is extremely important for women to be able to think "I can be good at paintball and be recognized for it," because they see other women being recognized exclusively for their PLAY.

That's not to say paintball players can't also be sexy and move product, but when that's the ONLY way other women see female players being recognized in the sport, that's a problem. That's not sending the message that paintball is a sport where both genders can compete, that's sending the message that "We'll let girls play paintball if they'll do photo shoots."

The question is not "Is it ok for Claire to be sexy?" Of course it is. The question is "Would we know who Claire was if she were average-looking?", and if the answer to that is no, then the sport has some work to do.

- Chris

Furby
07-31-2003, 01:50 PM

(pic deleted)

(pic deleted)

- Chris

Heh...I hear that alot. For the record, I'm 33 years old, 5'10", 181 pounds. Pretty average, really. When I met Drago Lazetich (Speedball: The movie) a couple of years ago out in California, he didn't recognize me until I said hello to him...he said pretty much the same thing as you did...he thought I was closer to 45 years old and much, much bigger. Go figure.

As for the rest, one of the few things I *did* know about Capo was that she was primarily a player, and I'm willing to bet that she was chosen to represent the company based on that genuine player background rather than her looks. Not saying she's unattractive, but the fact that she's an extremely competent player was the primary reason she was hired. The fact that she's attractive and pleasant to talk to (Yes, I've talked to her before) certainly doesn't hurt. I'm a bit on the fence as far as how women are portrayed within the sport...sex does indeed sell, but if a company can find spokesmodels who actually participate in the sport, and do it well, then they're ahead in the game.

Like AGD, Animal Paintball is fortunate to have spokesmodels who actually play as well as being attractive. Rosey (the redhead) and Brandi (the blonde in the sunglasses) are quite capable players themselves. Rosey in particular is one of the most intimidating players I've come across...she's got a game on glare that matches any man's out there. Brandi is a tiny, quick little front player, and she's as aggressive as anyone out there. I don't know if she still plays, but when I saw her play a year or so ago, she was doing just fine. The fact that they're both attractive, intelligent, outgoing women doesn't hurt them a bit, nor do I think it hinders them in any way.

I apologize if I offended Capo in some way...that wasn't my intention. If I did, please accept my apologies, and do try to not hurt me too badly if we ever meet up on the field!

As for the rest of you, I'm waiting on pics like Animal Mother is!

Oh, and here's a picture where I don't look angry or constipated:

http://www.paintballchannel.com/gallery/data/517/1dsc00041.jpg

AcemanPB
07-31-2003, 02:06 PM
I think the girl on the far left is cute.

Animal Mother
07-31-2003, 02:35 PM

nooo noo.. you weren't saying the girls were "ugly" and "butter faces" like some people were, ya just mistook one of them for Clare. Nothin wrong with that, making rude comments about them is.

But the pic you posted.... so how was that '03 Shocker?!? Was it easy to walk? hehe

Furby
07-31-2003, 03:07 PM
The first thing that went through my mind when I picked it up was "Wow, this thing is as light as a 'mag, and nearly as small"

I only got to shoot it a little bit, but to me the trigger seemed to be made to walk. I won't spam these forums up with links, but if you were to look in my profile, you'd find the website that has significantly more information about the gun...that picture was taken about a week or so before the Chicago Open.

ShooterJM
07-31-2003, 03:13 PM
Personally I find brandi quite attractive. Think I posted some pics of her in the hot female thread in friendly. :p

Jeb_Hoge
07-31-2003, 03:46 PM
I rather liked the two in the middle.

Miscue
07-31-2003, 04:10 PM
Cheers to the girls out there who play for the love of the sport... and have the burden of additional expectations placed upon them by fourteen year old boys, and grown men who act like them.

raehl
07-31-2003, 04:14 PM
Very well said Miscue.

- Chris

TheBigRaguPB4L
08-01-2003, 12:53 AM
You guys talking crap on the ladies above, post a picture of yourself so we can see what kind of "prize" you all are.

Since when is it a crime for stating your opinion on a publicly displayed photograph? Hell, what if he's some fat short little gnome that lives in his parents basement? He's not putting himself out on display for everyone to see. If you're going to show up on posters and advertise yourself like they do, i think it should be acceptable for people to state their opinions, whether negative or positive, especailly on a paintball forum. Sure they were pretty rude about it, but i have to agree that some of them aren't really that good looking. BTW, rosey's definitely hot.

Animal Mother
08-01-2003, 01:07 AM
Let's see... what did momma use to always say? If you can't say something nice....

Also I am willing to bet theses jackasses wouldn't have the paintballs to say what they said here to theses ladies in person, so that makes them a bunch of...

Sheet talkin' english cigarettes.

TheBigRaguPB4L
08-01-2003, 01:14 AM
http://www.photoreflect.com/scripts/prsm.dll?eventorder?photo=0271004C000035&start=0&album=0&adjust=-1

Loookie what i found

animal: yeah i do agree, most people talk big when its anonymous, but put someone in their face and forget it. Unlike me however, probably why i don't have any friends.

I just think you're coming down for the wrong reason. They're allowed an opinion and state it, they just shouldn't be so rude aboot it. Oh well, no harm i would say.

Albinonewt
08-01-2003, 06:02 AM
Back to the Damsel thing...

If Claire was captured by a Dragon and held in an Ivory tower I would definitly go to rescue her. .50 cal Desert Eagle in one hand and beer in the other. And, thanx to TIVO, such a task no longer needs to fit comfortably into commercial time. I can replay whenever I want.

Also, the women in the picture are all attractive to some degree or another. Some may not be my paticular taste, but I wouldn't call any of them ugly.

ogre55
08-01-2003, 07:58 AM
TheBigRaguPB4L: If they state their opinion, that is all well and good. However, the key here is, as you stated, they were rude. Indeed they were very rude and frankly, it was uncalled for.

Animal Mother: More likely than not, they would not have the time (never mind the paintballs) to say anything as they would be too busy growing hair on their palms in some corner, if any of those girls were within a 100 feet of them.

Ogre

magman007
08-01-2003, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by TheBigRaguPB4L
http://www.photoreflect.com/scripts/prsm.dll?eventorder?photo=0271004C000035&start=0&album=0&adjust=-1

Loookie what i found

animal: yeah i do agree, most people talk big when its say.

BUAHAHAHAHA thank you so much, We have been searching for that pic for a while now!

beam
08-01-2003, 11:37 AM
Is that Miscue?

DiRTyBuNNy
08-01-2003, 11:40 AM
I really don't know what to say...sorry 'cue, that picture just does not need any description...

aut911
08-01-2003, 11:56 AM
honestly I think its awesome that women play paintball because its one of the sports that there is a level playing field. Every pro player that i have ever talked to was very nice to me considering im most likely still half newb.

ive seen capo play ( didnt know until i saw her mag in the poster) and honestly she would own me in two seconds.

i think i can respect that.

aut

SIGSays
08-01-2003, 04:52 PM
i am gonna puke...

Animal Mother
08-01-2003, 04:57 PM
Miscue.. dude... did you wear that mesh top to impress some girl?!?! I mean.. we can actually see your nipples through it. And.. who the hell wears mesh tops now days?!? Are you in Canada or something?!?

Miscue
08-01-2003, 06:07 PM
Urm... I volunteered for AFAN = Aid for AIDS of Nevada... because my ex-GF was doing it (she's right of me). We were instructed to wear something erm... 'sexy' for the purpose of selling raffle tickets and stuff. She got me to wear it. I figured, what the hell... it's a drag queen party anyway...

You're supposed to wear only black or white... the party was called the Black and White Generic because food in generic black and white cans used to be collected for those in need.

Geezus, I can't show nobody nothin'. :)

DiRTyBuNNy
08-01-2003, 06:23 PM
eehh...well...I'm impressed..impressed at what, I have no idea...but I'm impressed...

Animal Mother
08-01-2003, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by Miscue
Urm... I volunteered for AFAN = Aid for AIDS of Nevada... because my ex-GF was doing it (she's right of me). We were instructed to wear something erm... 'sexy' for the purpose of selling raffle tickets and stuff. She got me to wear it. I figured, what the hell... it's a drag queen party anyway...

You're supposed to wear only black or white... the party was called the Black and White Generic because food in generic black and white cans used to be collected for those in need.

Geezus, I can't show nobody nothin'. :)

Ok so it was for 2 good causes... aiding people wuth AIDS and to aid you to get into the pants of a girl. hehehe!

I can respect that :)

But damn... ever hear of a walk 'a thon or somethin'? LOL

DiRTyBuNNy
08-02-2003, 08:24 AM
yes..but walk-a-thons just aren't as sexy...remember, if 'cue is dressed like that I'd love to see what the rest of the ladies in the club are wearing...

Miscue
08-02-2003, 12:31 PM
Stuff like... Saran wrap... bubble wrap. Skimpy skimpy stuff. Body paint and pasties. There pretty much was no dress code, and this was apparant. Of course, a good portion dressed conservatively too... volunteers were advised not to however. The whole party had a sexual atmosphere to it. Free flavored lube and rubbers all over the place... private areas to rent and stuff... Free food from local restaurants, free drinks, even had free StarBucks. It was pretty fun. :p

Wasn't a club. Was at the Palms Hotel/Casino... using their really big court yard with pools and stuff. A lot of people went to the club inside later though.

raehl
08-02-2003, 12:54 PM
This would be all well and good.... were you not there with your girlfriend. ;)

- Chris