PDA

View Full Version : Team forming question

Albinonewt
07-31-2003, 07:51 AM
Hi guys. After IAO my wingman and I have decided to start a team to compete (maybe compete is too strong a word, maybe show up to be humiliated is more like) at IAO next year. Anyways, I've gotten a buddy of mine who is the fastest little sucker I've ever seen to be our primary front man. He's never played paintball (except for 1 or 2 woods games) but did serve for a several years (he is athletic and has a good combat sense).

Anyways, I need to get him a marker to play. For practice he's using my old Spyder E-99 while he waits for me to acquire him a marker. I was thinking of an Intimidator or an Omen at the moment (I know there's a huge difference in price, I'm having troubling reconciling in my mind spending $1000 for somoene else's marker).

Any suggestions?

Star_Base_CGI
07-31-2003, 11:05 AM
Yeah put about $100 in upgrades on the Spyder. I love mine.

Anti Siphon or Nitro, Spring kit, orings and maybe make a little emergencey bag. Maybe add a Drop forwad and bottom line if it doens have one.

Spyders are very warp friendly, good guns.

Just have fun playing with your team.

With the money you save you could be practicing.

LawFox32
07-31-2003, 03:08 PM
I'll be on your team and commute to NJ, if you buy me a marker

lopxtc
07-31-2003, 04:10 PM
If this is your first tourney level team I would recommend a good upgradable marker (ie spyder, classic mag, autococker) and learning it at its basic level first. Run through practice sessions with it and learn it like the back of your hand. As odd as it may sounds, at first try to make cleaning your marker part of your practice session .. that way you have others around who can help and team-mates might even learn how to work on your marker. It always helps to have someone on the team that can work on the whole teams markers.

Just make sure you learn the basic marker first before upgrading. What I tell my guys is to get a marker and practice like hell with it. The big rule with my team is;

"No one gets a new marker, new upgrade for their current marker, or un-needed work (ie milling, anodizing, etc) done to their marker without having atleast one practice session to work with it."

I have had too many cases of people "tweaking" their maker before and, god forbid ever again, during a tournament and it failing to work correctly.

Aaron

street1356
07-31-2003, 05:25 PM
u recommended a cocker. Doom on you! Doom on you!--chanted repeatedly

j/k

ezrunner
07-31-2003, 05:53 PM
the ICD BKO is a great buy

for under 300 bucks you get a gun that will outshoot half the hoppers on the market. I have shot plenty of other guns (pretty much everything on the market).

The ICD is not a matrix,but it will shoot almost as fast and for front guys its great cause it is light as a feather.

It has some great upgrades available but you don't need most of them.

Just put a HALO/EGG2 on it and a low pressure screwin and let him go for it.
-rob

07-31-2003, 06:38 PM
I would go with an Impulse or used GZ intimidator (I have seen them with tanks go for 750). In my eyes the Omen is unproven.

ezrunner
07-31-2003, 06:56 PM
845 makes an excellent point.

You could also look at a used angel and pick it up cheap, planning to have it serviced by theangelguy.com

-rob

$tevo
07-31-2003, 07:20 PM
pick up the sceptor hybrid cocker.. or get a used angel/timmy/ule emag. if i dont get the hybrid then ill prob just pick up a used angel or timmy