PDA

View Full Version : PSP Las Vegas 2003 video clip is up

BradPalooza
07-31-2003, 10:00 AM
Take a look at www.720video.com
Click on the video cover.
It's a Windows Media file, view it, download it, whatever...
Let me know what you think.
Thanks!
-Brad

karphead
07-31-2003, 12:10 PM
Very cool...but very short =(

rdb123
07-31-2003, 03:10 PM
Little OT, but this one of Huntington Beach looks really good:

http://www.nppl.tv/hb_dvd_promo_bb.php

heftylefty
07-31-2003, 04:49 PM
sweet, i think i might have to buy it. they do great filming jobs, like Beyond the Fifty. that was one impressive dvd. anyone else agree with me? when will it be out? will there be any X-Ball coverage?

BradPalooza
08-01-2003, 09:15 AM
Thanks for the feedback guys.

It will be available in Philly and in your local stores shortly afterwards.

Sorry it's so short, we have to compromise for the web stuff. Image quality vs file size. We want it to look good but we also want those people out there with slower internet connections to be able to check it out. I try to cap the file size at ~ 5 MB.

We could make different sized files with varying image quality but that requires a rework of the webpage for multiple links and a little more time on the editors part.

Thanks again!
-Brad

manike
08-01-2003, 10:35 AM
Just watched it. Very cool! Can't wait to step onto the field again. I know it's good footage, when I get that feeling after watching something. http://www.automags.org/forums/images/icons/icon14.gif http://www.automags.org/forums/images/icons/icon14.gif

Ultimator
08-01-2003, 10:43 AM
Very good video, the only part that I wasn't too fond of was putting the "lightning" around that guy's barrel when he was shooting.

manike
08-01-2003, 10:45 AM
I actually quite liked that! As long as it's not over done a few effects now and then are kinda cool... in my opinion. :)

BradPalooza
08-01-2003, 12:21 PM
Thanks again for the positive feedback. Ultimator, I just had to use the lightning. I used to have to do it in AfterEffects but then I discovered that they included it in the latest version of Premier. : ) I agree with the "don't overdo it" philosophy. It begins to detract from what you're really wanting to watch.

HeftyLefty, I meant to answer this the first time around and then forgot. We will NOT be able to film X-Ball. The NXL has pretty much said "never". Division I and II we are allowed to film (as far as NXL is concerned) BUT the PSP won't let us film it... Don't ask me why. What we may be able to pull off is filming NXL teams scrimmaging. We'll have to clear that one through the NXL first though. If they poo poo that, then we'll go for some good Div. 1 teams scrimmaging.

I know everyone wants to see it, even the NXL players are asking us. If you ever get a chance to talk to industry folks, bring it up to them. Eventually, they may change their minds.

Manike, we'll see YOU in Philly. We'll be there Sunday night as well to film the tech class on Monday. You going to be at that?

Oh, BTW... That's the test we use on our stuff too - Does it make you want to play? I even ask non-ballers that get to see them before they release.
They're like "...Uhh....yeah???" : )

If anyone is out in Philly (or WC), stop by, say hello, and grab some stickers.

-Brad

08-01-2003, 02:33 PM
I would definately recommend Beyond the 50 to everyone.

heftylefty
08-01-2003, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by BradPalooza

HeftyLefty, I meant to answer this the first time around and then forgot. We will NOT be able to film X-Ball. The NXL has pretty much said "never". Division I and II we are allowed to film (as far as NXL is concerned) BUT the PSP won't let us film it... Don't ask me why. What we may be able to pull off is filming NXL teams scrimmaging. We'll have to clear that one through the NXL first though. If they poo poo that, then we'll go for some good Div. 1 teams scrimmaging.

o well. thats odd. im still gonna get it no matter what.

that little video clip makes me want to get it even more after i watched it a couple times:)

manike
08-01-2003, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by BradPalooza
Manike, we'll see YOU in Philly. We'll be there Sunday night as well to film the tech class on Monday. You going to be at that?

You will indeed see me there... heck I'm hoping you will make me famous :) ;)

When and where is the tech class? I'm thinking you mean the Timmy tech class, and somewhere around NPS? If so, yes you will definitely see me.

I get in on

Flight: BA0069
at
Arrival: 10AUG 2003 19:10

Would be cool to meet up on Sunday or at any time to be honest. Where are you staying for the first few days?

My mobile works in the states so if you let me have your number I will call you :)

SlipknotX556
08-01-2003, 09:33 PM
BAD SIMON!

I thought I told you to tell me when you are going to be in the states, you didnt :( :(.

Dont worry, the Cup is in a few months :D

O yeah, very good Clip, I will buy the DVD when it comes out.