PDA

View Full Version : A+ Paintball will be making a ULE Body clamping feed neck

Animal Mother
07-31-2003, 06:33 PM
This thread: http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=94274 is pretty much dead so I thought I'd make a thread just for this. Not many companies make stuff just for mags...

The problem with clamping feed necks is they're a bit more bulky, and on an Angel it has to be tall enough to clear the breech door. So that pretty much stomps out any chance of a no rise feed neck with Angel threads. Well A+ will be making no-rise clamping feed necks just for our ULE bodies!

A+ is expanding their shop right now, I am told the necks are made but not anodized, so around 8/18 they expect to be anodizing again. Also, they do the anodizing for Airgun Designs, so theses necks should match the anno on our ULE bodies!

Here is a quote from A+:

Originally posted by A+ Anodizing
Hey guy's I just want to let you know that we will have NO RISE CLAMP FEEDS for your ULE bodies in 3 weeks. I made some the day after IAO and we are testing them now on a few ULE's. We are rebuilding our shop (doubling the size) and as soon as we are up and running we will be ano-ing them in any colors that you want.
Just to clear up one mis-quote. We do not do all of AGD's anodizing (I wish) We do about half of all the X-Mags and some ULE's.

AplusAnodizing.com

AplusP8ntball.com

Why do you need a clamping feed neck? I like a lot of people found out that when you use a Halo this can happen: http://www.automags.org/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=897978
http://www.automags.org/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=897984

Quite a few have had this happen.. also I wasn't too thrilled that Odyssey had my Halo for 10 days and when it came back to me it looked like it was dragged across the sidewalk.

Also having the shortest feedneck improves feeding with the Halo as Tom pointed out so a no-rise should work a lot better than a low-rise.

Evil Bob
07-31-2003, 06:57 PM
Yep, I have one already with pics in another thread. I managed to get the last one they had on hand of the test batch for IAO when I called.

-Evil Bob

Animal Mother
07-31-2003, 07:23 PM
Oooh, I thought that was the Low rise and this new one would be a "no-rise".

Anyways... can't wait to get mine :)

jayel579
07-31-2003, 07:34 PM
am I the only person thats thought this thru? impulses have angel feed necks correct? or am I wrong here. if so, the ULE body also takes angel feed necks. then the twister feed necks for the impulses made by smart parts should fit, no need for someone to machine or special make twister necks for the ULE mag body.

Mossman
07-31-2003, 07:36 PM
imps dont use angel feed necks.

jayel579
07-31-2003, 07:41 PM
oh ok, my mistake, i was never completly sure of that. thank you for setting me straight.

Originally posted by Mossman
imps dont use angel feed necks.

sneakyhacker420
07-31-2003, 11:21 PM
chippley makes no-rise clamping feed necks in threads for ALL guns (eg: cocker, angel, imp, etc.)

Animal Mother
07-31-2003, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by sneakyhacker420
chippley makes no-rise clamping feed necks in threads for ALL guns (eg: cocker, angel, imp, etc.)

No they don't, but said they will in the future. I wanted one and was e-mailing them for a few days, but as of now all they have is a Low rise feed neck in Angel threads and not a no rise. I wanted one really bad.. but all they had were low rises.

But now that I have seen the A+ one I think I like it better except for the swrill milling.. but I can live with it.

sneakyhacker420
07-31-2003, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by Animal Mother

No they don't, but said they will in the future. I wanted one and was e-mailing them for a few days, but as of now all they have is a Low rise feed neck in Angel threads and not a no rise. I wanted one really bad.. but all they had were low rises.

But now that I have seen the A+ one I think I like it better except for the swrill milling.. but I can live with it.

odd... cause a guy at my feild sells gloss black CCM no-rises in all feedneck threads for $40

i'd get one for my micro-e but the feedneck is pressed in... oh well

Animal Mother
08-01-2003, 11:17 AM
No rises for all other guns, just not the Angel. Angels have that breech door that swings open, with a no rise the door will hit the feedneck and not allow it to open.

With a ULE body that has Angel threads we don't need to worry about that, but... there is not a huge demand for it. I really wanted one too, but A+ seems to be the only one making no-rise feednecks just for our ULE bodies. CCM was really nice in answering all my questions, we were e-mailing eachother for a few days.

sneakyhacker420
08-01-2003, 11:52 AM
well apparently the guy at my field sells no-rises for the angel in the chippley necks... maybe an older model... i dunno, but i know for sure that he has two of them on his angels

cledford
08-01-2003, 12:13 PM
While I think it is awesome that someone is producing something just for the 'mag (and will support the decision by making a purchase) I would like to point out that the stock ULE neck is darn near no-rise - and my CMP clapping is just about the same height. I'd guess (haven't measured for sure) that the CMP is only 3/16th" (1/4" max) taller then the stock, brazed no-rise. If I remember correctly that stock ULE is almost the exact same height as the no-rise.

Not trying to steal the guys thunder - in fact I remember thinking that "there's a little bit of room for improvement" when I bought the CMP - I just wanted people to know that they had options in a pinch. I'm still interested and will for certain purchase the new "no-rise."

-Calvin

Animal Mother
08-01-2003, 06:08 PM
I really wanted that no rise feedneck from chipley, if you look at it, it really does not rise at all, it looks shorter than the stock ULE neck. But I like the fact that you don't need tools on the A+ neck and it was just for the ULE body.

Like someone said before.. it's rare that companies make mag only upgrades.

God... if they only made decent wrap around rubber grips that looked like they belonged on a paintball gun and not a ivory chromed out colt .45...

SIGSays
08-01-2003, 06:29 PM
those mag only upgrades above

and damn it i just bought a damn feedneck...

Animal Mother
08-01-2003, 06:31 PM
....none of which fit on my ULE e-mag.

:)

Animal Mother
08-01-2003, 07:24 PM
ok ok... so we got got two people that make mag only products. hehehe just kidding, I am sure there are a few more. It's just sorta rare and we should support them if we can. Evil Bob seemed to really like his clamping feedneck, I'll tell ya all what I think of it when I get it as well.

BTW Rouge, love the barrel cover, very nice work :)

Animal Mother
08-01-2003, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by SIGSays
those mag only upgrades above

and damn it i just bought a damn feedneck...

ah... the ones they are selling on eBay huh? I ordered one as well, should be here in a few days. I am just not crazy about the swrill milling on it, this one has it even more.. so I'm gonna sell it here once I get it. Just peoples taste... I even thing the X-Mag looks too fruity... but that SFL... oooh how I wish they made more..

Animal Mother
08-02-2003, 12:24 PM
What the hell?!?!

A super ultra light rail? LOL

Hexis
08-11-2003, 10:48 AM
Can you toss up a pic of the raw feed necks? I would be very interested in buying a raw neck.

-=Squid=-
08-11-2003, 11:21 AM
http://www.paintballgateway.com/ccmanlowrisf.html

Looks like I just rained on your parade.
and why cant they just make the clamp backwards, then it would clear the breach door? :confused: :rolleyes: