PDA

View Full Version : E-Mag Trigger Threads

sneakyhacker420
07-31-2003, 09:49 PM
what are the threads for the magnet in the center of the trigger tapped for?

i plan on making my e-mag trigger into a blade with my dremel and will most likely need to re-tap the hole

please LMK what type of threads they are so i can stop at ACE hardware in the morning

thanks
-sneaky

sneakyhacker420
07-31-2003, 10:44 PM
i plan to file it down to where the top of the allen screw is right now... that way its still adjustable with a more blade-like feel

BajaBoy
07-31-2003, 11:13 PM
there is only 1 way to make an adjustibal Blade trigger and its not that way. Even if you wanted to make it into a "hump" your gunna have a hard time adjusting it unless you actualy Redo the allen key head into a diffrent pattern. I have made 4 blades and 2humps now

Army
08-01-2003, 12:25 AM
Once the hump is gone, there is no metal left for threads. In fact, the bottom of the hole for the magnet is now paper thin.

You will have to carefully measure how far out the magnet is BEFORE you grind away. Then, when you epoxy it back in, you must carefully place the magnet at the same distance from the HES as before. If you don't want to break the magnet off the adusting screw, use one from inside the frame instead.

sneakyhacker420
08-01-2003, 01:29 AM
so i can't just take off the top of the hump down to the point where the TOP of the allen screw is now... that way its still adjustable

athomas
08-01-2003, 08:02 AM
That's what I did. I took off some of the hump and it feels a lot better now. Its much easier to rip on the trigger.