PDA

View Full Version : Wayne Brady coming to Shatnerball ll !!!!!!

AGD
08-01-2003, 02:51 PM
AO,

Yes the wildly popular comedian from "Who's Line is it Anyway" will be teaming up with yours truely to command the forces of evil to crush Shatner the Ego.

Expect lots of improv and smack talk while we try and give Shatner pre game worries!!

Hollywood is coming to paintball ladies and gentelmen!! Why haven't you signed up already to show your support!!?? If you want to play ball with big names from stage and screen we need you to come play. Where else can you go do what you love and at the same time hang with Captain Kirk!

Make paintball history and sign up NOW!!

AGD

Shatnerball II (https://www.spplat.com/f_prereg.cfm)

Muzikman
08-01-2003, 02:56 PM
This is great!
I love Wayne, he cracks me up!
Now, we just need to get Drew out there:)

Troy
08-01-2003, 02:58 PM
Wayne is the man.

That is the best show on tv

Tom any truth to the rumor that Dick Clark Produtions bought the NXL?

See p8ntBaller.com

TheTramp
08-01-2003, 03:32 PM
When I get paid on the 8th there'll be three more warm bodies ready to fight for the "forces of evil to crush Shatner the Ego."

Wayne is a riot! I hope he doesn't get fed-up with AO'ers trying to get him to be funny on command.

AutomagRT1483
08-01-2003, 03:41 PM
Wayne Brady, WooT!!! Hey TK, need any more peeps for the command squad, I'd love to pitch it. ;) Or I can take a squad, that'd be fine as well.

kevdupuis
08-01-2003, 04:17 PM
Great!!! A secret weapon to flood Shattner's and Mancow's radio channels, and sow hillarious confusion in the ranks.:cool:

Meph
08-01-2003, 07:57 PM
I'll bring a bullhorn for him to smack-talk with!

And Tom, got your back. I had a feeling you might want some home-field advantage. I can tell you every turn, tree, and place where people can and usually do hide.

Star_Base_CGI
08-01-2003, 08:10 PM
Smack talk?

DIdnt he use to dress up as furry animals at Walt Disney World.

Python14
08-01-2003, 08:10 PM
If that is not the most random teamup, then shoot me. I really wish I could come to this....but money says otherwise. Be sure to get Wayne on here. Who knows? We could have another AGD spokesperson.:D

LaW
08-01-2003, 09:44 PM
oh man! I love Wayne Brady, this is just going to be a blast... I am so glad that I am going into debt by going to this thing :)

Darkstorm
08-02-2003, 08:47 AM
COOL...This should be fun.

And if the man needs a body guard, I am the biggest walking bunker that will be on the field (and of course carrying a ULE mag - RED).

Darkstorm

Weltman
08-02-2003, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by LaW
oh man! I love Wayne Brady, this is just going to be a blast... I am so glad that I am going into debt by going to this thing :)

That's the spirit!

Sparq
08-02-2003, 03:06 PM
Quiet, you fools! It's college or Shatnerball, and you're tempting me :D :rolleyes:

LaW
08-02-2003, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by Sparq
Quiet, you fools! It's college or Shatnerball, and you're tempting me :D :rolleyes:

Hey man, I have my college bill sitting in front of me too ;) lol I just decided instead of making the full tuition payment to just go on installments and hope i can get the rest later in the semester ;) hehe

Albinonewt
08-03-2003, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by LaW

Hey man, I have my college bill sitting in front of me too ;) lol I just decided instead of making the full tuition payment to just go on installments and hope i can get the rest later in the semester ;) hehe

There's a word for that, but I'm still not sure what it is.

Commitment?
Dedication?
Obsession?

or perhaps something else?

THe weekend sounds like a complete blast. I'm pumped that Wayne Brady will be there, that's very cool.

LaW
08-03-2003, 06:59 PM
i had a blast at last years shatnerball and i was only reffing :)

Bigzamboni
08-03-2003, 09:52 PM
Oi.. Now I think I'll have to try harder to make it, being this close to home..

I wasn't at last years, so heres a question.. Are there any type of "roles" such as medic, demo, etc. that are seen at scenario events? I tend to use much less paint when such is the case, and something such as that would make it more likely for me to be able to come.

Has anyone seen his talk show? I've seen it while flipping through channels, but maybe after the event he might have something on it, which could be cool.

Darkstorm
08-03-2003, 10:38 PM
There were at least medics last year...and they were VERY busy.

LaW
08-03-2003, 10:45 PM
yup medics were really about the only official thing you had to watch out for..... they were running around the fields like chickens with their heads cut off :)

Tyger
08-04-2003, 04:27 AM
So, what, if he gets surrounded will he improvise the death scene from "Hamlet" and get away when we're all sobbing uncontrollably? :)

I'm glad to see he's aboard, acually! We could use a really large sense of humor in the game. And I'm hoping he wears his jersey on "Who's line"! :)

-Tyger (Registered, but not defending Tom, sorry guys...)

Star_Base_CGI
08-04-2003, 08:35 AM
Originally posted by Tyger
And I'm hoping he wears his jersey on "Who's line"! :)

-Tyger (Registered, but not defending Tom, sorry guys...)

That would be cool. Only 24 days left.

RoadDawg
08-04-2003, 07:15 PM
If I didn't have to fly clear across country to play I'd do it. So for now I'm stuck on the west coast.

MXS
08-04-2003, 10:49 PM
Medics, demo-techs, stagecoach drivers (tanks), maybe even a few civil engineers :)
Indian Scouts!
:D

AutomagRT1483
08-05-2003, 12:38 AM
What would the scouts be called for the cyborg team?

Star_Base_CGI
08-05-2003, 01:07 AM
Target practice.

AutomagRT1483
08-05-2003, 01:09 AM
Boo urns...I'll remember that for when I see some Cavalry scouts;) :p

MXS
08-05-2003, 01:59 AM
Each of the four teams will have a local Indian scout.
:cool:

DiRTyBuNNy
08-05-2003, 12:40 PM
I wonder if Shatner can get any of the other Brady's to come out...you know...Greg Brady, Marcia Brady, Jan Brady and no can ever forget little Bobby Brady...that would just be sheer terror....

Darkstorm
08-06-2003, 12:38 AM
Is there any possibility of getting Wayne and Mancow posting on the boards? Shatner always has some posts on his board.

While I think Wayne is cool and would have fun to have on the board, I could imagine Mancow is scared of us and will continue to hide (LOL).

Star_Base_CGI
08-06-2003, 09:03 AM
Bill posted yesterday.

I had a thread, If old Kirk fought Young Kirk who would win?

Old Kirk would win for the first five minutes; then young Kirk would gain the upper hand. My best, Bill

Clockwork_Orange
08-06-2003, 11:24 AM
A couple of months ago Wayne had actor Donald Adeosun Faison (Murray from tv sitcom Clueless)on his show. They talked about playing paintball and Wayne insisted that Donald play in one of his favorite fields, but then Donald insisted that Wayne play in his area. I assumed they both had there share of experience with the sport.

I wonder if either one uses a mag...

I heard that Will Smith uses a Timmy and I also read on Warpig That "he searched for someone to coach his team, so he turned to the best in the world, Hollywood Sports. The guru of paintball himself, Giovanni D’Egidio organized a coaching session with world professional athletes. To drop a couple of names, Broheim from the retired Iron Men, Johnny from Dynasty, and Little John from Oakland Assassins coached Wil Smith’s crew at Hollywood Sports on the fundamental skills of paintball".

It's interesting to know and find out who is involved in or has a passion for playing the sport!

Darkstorm
08-06-2003, 07:41 PM
There was a picture of Willy Smith in the last few months with a paintball gun. It was in one of the magazine if I remember correctly. Heard he was out with the L-Park guys.