PDA

View Full Version : Ok, Now I'm Scared

KornKamp02
08-01-2003, 09:03 PM
Alright, I heard from a person today that getting hit by a paintball hurts like hell... Is this person right? I just got my gun and I haven't been hit yet but I want to. Please, Tell me honestly if it hurts. I was always told it hurts like a bee sting.

Miscue
08-01-2003, 09:05 PM
Usually it's not bad... you get the occassional zinger. It's like getting slapped with a wet towel really good.

KornKamp02
08-01-2003, 09:07 PM
Ok, this person said his whole back has gotten black and blue because he got hit from 20 yards away :rolleyes:

einhander619
08-01-2003, 09:07 PM
Not really. In all honesty, if you're playing nice and aggressive, getting hit won't register as pain most of the time. It'll hurt later, and it will feel like you got hit hit with a bath bead travelling 200 mph. No bee sting, though.

KornKamp02
08-01-2003, 09:08 PM
You guys are making me feel better :)

Miscue
08-01-2003, 09:10 PM
It's not bad at all. Most people go... "That's it? That's nothing."

But yes... there are the zingers. A lot of times because people are shooting hot or using tough paint.

LawFox32
08-01-2003, 09:10 PM
don't worry, its like a towl snap as miscue said, some hurt worse than others, but very few hurt more than a few seconds. once you get used to the feeling, it doesn't hurt anymore, you just get a lil peeved that you got shot out.

and always remember, pain is a feeling that goes away, you can't remember it, you remember that it did hurt, but the pain doesn't return with the memory

good luck

LawFox32
08-01-2003, 09:12 PM
oh yeah, and watch the nips, I've been shot from 4 feet away on the right nip, wow, I couldn't wear a shirt for an entire day

KornKamp02
08-01-2003, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by LawFox32
don't worry, its like a towl snap as miscue said, some hurt worse than others, but very few hurt more than a few seconds. once you get used to the feeling, it doesn't hurt anymore, you just get a lil peeved that you got shot out.

and always remember, pain is a feeling that goes away, you can't remember it, you remember that it did hurt, but the pain doesn't return with the memory

good luck Thanks :)

rx2
08-01-2003, 09:14 PM
I started playing when I was twelve. Now, I am not the kind to do something that induces excessive pain or injury. But, even at that age, I was never hit hard enough to want to quit playing. Unless you are playing with your velocity too high, with no clothes, or at point-blank ranges, you will not get hurt.

I also know an extreme hypochondriac who plays. He whines about everything, yet he doesn't whine about getting hit.

You will be fine.

KornKamp02
08-01-2003, 09:23 PM
Thanks...I'm 13 so.....that makes me feel better

pbguy888
08-01-2003, 09:24 PM
I started playin when I was in 4th grade and it didnt hurt...

superdesk2007
08-01-2003, 09:31 PM
I got used to it after a while.

KornKamp02
08-01-2003, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by pbguy888
I started playin when I was in 4th grade and it didnt hurt... that makes me feel better aswell

Vash02
08-01-2003, 09:33 PM
Really, if you get really into the game the adrenalin will be running through your veins...you wont even really feel it. Only thing to watch out for is getting hit in the neck or top of the head. I got hit in the head on tuesday and left a bump but nothing bad at all.

KornKamp02
08-01-2003, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by Vash02
Really, if you get really into the game the adrenalin will be running through your veins...you wont even really feel it. Only thing to watch out for is getting hit in the neck or top of the head. I got hit in the head on tuesday and left a bump but nothing bad at all. Cool.

Army
08-01-2003, 09:41 PM
BTW, change your sig. We don't need that here.

andreb
08-01-2003, 09:42 PM
Just get hit as soon as possible bro. The sooner the better. After that you'll be able to enjoy the game much more. Try running through the middle of the field on your next game, that should solve any problems.

KornKamp02
08-01-2003, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by andreb
Just get hit as soon as possible bro. The sooner the better. After that you'll be able to enjoy the game much more. Try running through the middle of the field on your next game, that should solve any problems. Well, my friend and I will play in his backyard soon and I want him to hit me before we play so I can get the feel.

KornKamp02
08-01-2003, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by Army
BTW, change your sig. We don't need that here. Why?

Lakeview Bulldog
08-01-2003, 09:51 PM
Even getting hit in the neck doesn't bother me anymore. Now the only thing that really bothers me is getting hit in the back of the head. That still sucks. But you'll be fine, good luck in your first game.

Lohman446
08-01-2003, 09:52 PM
The first time I was hit I thought the whole game was stupid - now I charge bunkers... LOL.

Get hit while playing the game, it does not hurt, get hit while not playing the game - it probably hurts. And you do get used to it, and shrug it off after a time.

BTW, don't play your first game in your backyard, get the markers chronoed at a field. I have noticed a lot of markers (different brands) seem to shoot noticeably hot (over 320fps) out of the box when I watch people chrono them the first time. A marker that shoots hot will seem more accurate (it is) - but will be dangerous to everyone involved.

KornKamp02
08-01-2003, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by Lohman446
The first time I was hit I thought the whole game was stupid - now I charge bunkers... LOL.

Get hit while playing the game, it does not hurt, get hit while not playing the game - it probably hurts. And you do get used to it, and shrug it off after a time.

BTW, don't play your first game in your backyard, get the markers chronoed at a field. I have noticed a lot of markers (different brands) seem to shoot noticeably hot (over 320fps) out of the box when I watch people chrono them the first time. A marker that shoots hot will seem more accurate (it is) - but will be dangerous to everyone involved. I have been getting it broke in in my backyard.

WickeDKlowN
08-01-2003, 09:57 PM
The first time i got shot I was wearing a T-Shirt and got shot by a hot spyder(my sister was shooting), You don't even feel pain at first, it's liek WTF was that? so you walk away and it starts to hurt, then it stings for a sec and goes away... atleast thats how mine was.

I have been shot so many times since then, it dosn't even hurt anymore.

breg
08-01-2003, 09:58 PM
Yeah it hurts, but only a little, but by the time you walk off the field, you don't feel it. You are so hopped up on adrenaline (sp?) that you forget about it right away. Though there are the "zingers" that hurt like hell. Most of those are avoided by wearing a hat. The worst ones (for me) always hit my head. That could explain why I'm forgetting childhood memories...
But, if you can take getting hit by a rubber band, then paintball will be no problem what so ever.

Rock on, and stay low

Breg

KornKamp02
08-01-2003, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by breg
Yeah it hurts, but only a little, but by the time you walk off the field, you don't feel it. You are so hopped up on adrenaline (sp?) that you forget about it right away. Though there are the "zingers" that hurt like hell. Most of those are avoided by wearing a hat. The worst ones (for me) always hit my head. That could explain why I'm forgetting childhood memories...
But, if you can take getting hit by a rubber band, then paintball will be no problem what so ever.

Rock on, and stay low

Breg Thanks guys...

Bad_Dog
08-01-2003, 10:04 PM
Once you've played enough (or you just get shot alot:D ), you realize it's just a part of the game, it seems to give me that little bit of motivation to get to that next bunker, or to run as fast as I can to the 50...

beefstew
08-01-2003, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by Army
BTW, change your sig. We don't need that here.

Army means that we dont need that kind of trash here. You know the voicing your opinion and freedom of speech stuff. I agree, Pure unadulterated trash.

KornKamp02
08-01-2003, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by beefstew

Army means that we dont need that kind of trash here. You know the voicing your opinion and freedom of speech stuff. I agree, Pure unadulterated trash. Are you serious?

jpm
08-01-2003, 10:28 PM
Korn,
Army would be refering directly to the "NAZIS" in your sig. While it doesn't bother me in the slightes, as I happen to not appericate SPs current actions, Army is a moderator here and AO is putting the squeeze the Smart Parts trashing on the forms. You'd do well you change your sig a bit. If you look around there are plenty of ways to display your dislike of the company without making the writen "nazis" referance.

KornKamp02
08-01-2003, 10:34 PM
*updated sig...tell me if I'm using freedom of speech too much o this one :rolleyes:*

Benfica4ever
08-01-2003, 10:36 PM
It doesent really hurt much yea kinda stings but, suck it up, you really dont feel much when it firt hits.

KornKamp02
08-01-2003, 10:38 PM
Ok, cool

Army
08-01-2003, 11:25 PM
This is a PRIVATE forum, freedom of speech does not apply.

The Nazi refferences, including the swastika GIF images, are not wanted here on AO.

street1356
08-01-2003, 11:36 PM
id help u but i dont have much experience of bein hit.lol:D

nah it dont hurt that bad

Hawks2
08-01-2003, 11:42 PM
It dosent hurt that bad, when i got hit the first(i was like 11) time it didnt hurt, i was just pissed i got hit. I got shot in teh back of teh head adn that didnt hurt either, so ull b fine

painball
08-01-2003, 11:45 PM
getting hit isnt that bad. most of the time all your hits are either gogs or gun shots. any other time when your running and exposed the extra adrenalin you get while doin that really just takes the pain away completely.

gamarada717
08-02-2003, 12:14 AM
I got shot once right in the chest once, but I was so pumped that I didn't even feel it.

KornKamp02
08-02-2003, 12:18 AM
Originally posted by gamarada717
I got shot once right in the chest once, but I was so pumped that I didn't even feel it. Cool

WicKeD_WaYz
08-02-2003, 01:54 AM
ya it hurts like crazy man you are going to be bleeding for sure.

You wanna kno what all the cool paintballers do? They rap themselves in bubble wrap. Just do that around your torso and then like make yourself a bubble wrap hat to cover your head. All that and you should be fine.

MagAl
08-02-2003, 02:04 AM
Its not getting shot 2 maybe even 3 times its when you het over shot... ofr instance was playing today.... went out to snap shoot shot a few balls off... came back out and got nailed right in the mask... I put my barrel plug in.. and proceeded to get <B>*POOF*</B> oh I'd say 12 more times... I wanted to find who kept shooting me and beat the <B>*POOF*</B> outta them with a steal pipe. and and I got shot in my fingers and they started bleeding...

Hope I meade you feel better!

<B>*Warning: No Cussing*</B> -Miscue

FooTemps
08-02-2003, 02:16 AM
It doesn't hurt too bad. BUT, I've been shot in the head and neck a lot... Part of my neck was scared for a couple months.

afrankart
08-02-2003, 08:31 AM
I have had a few that have left me with scars too. Call me sick, but I kinda dig the pain.

Oregon_pb_
08-02-2003, 08:37 AM
i dunno, i've never been hit.

afrankart
08-02-2003, 08:39 AM
You've NEVER been hit? In 9 years of playing?:confused:

FutureMagOwner
08-02-2003, 09:17 AM
its called bsing ;)

anyway i got ones that leave scars and they didnt hurt that bad that bad last week i played and i got 4 new scars and it didnt hurt when i got shot(bunkered barrel was an inch away and i had a short sleeve shirt on) but it was sore to move my arm back and forth the day after nothing big(i had one on my elbow my bicept and right in the corner of my shoulder on both sides) they left some clever looking scabs and now its a little mis-colored circle that will be there forever as the one on my wrist(refing and got shot from a foot away some how)

i have gotten shot in every part of the body that you could think would hurt alot(the head, ears, my groin, my bum, right on my big toes which have both been infected for years now but my dad doesnt want to bring me to a doctor because hes too cheap) and they hurt for a bit(sometimes alot) but like they said it goes away and youll get over it.

AllAmericanMag
08-02-2003, 09:53 AM
I was kind of disappointed the first time I was hit. I was expecting a lot more pain...

sneakyhacker420
08-02-2003, 06:44 PM
i'm kind of immune to paintball hits now... doesnt really hurt anymore, just feels like something hit me :rolleyes: (yes, really)

Jonno06
08-03-2003, 11:39 AM
im with him^^^..after 3 years of getting hit all the dang time, im used to it.

if it did hurt..no one would play

1 way to solve it though...shoot yourself.:p

RRfireblade
08-03-2003, 01:07 PM
Most of the kids that REALLY complain about the pain are usually playing w/ guns shooting hot.I bring a crono to our local woods ball fields and have been AMAZED at how hot some of theses guns are.2 weeks ago I cronoed an AMG spyder @ 420fps!!I asked the kid what did he do to make it shoot that fast? He said nothing,but oh yeah, I put a spring kit in it.I said why would you do that? Do you know what a spring kit does? He says no, but everyone at the Kingman forum told him it was a "good" upgrade.I told him to let me shoot him @ 420fps and tell me how "good" it is.He says "Heck no!!!!.
Anyways,it's really not that bad.Just have someone shoot you first.Since you know it's coming it'll be worse than on the field.Once your not afraid to get shot,the whole game gets WAY beter.
BTW,it's got to hurt some or you'd never learn not to make that "stupid" move again.:D

Jay.

KornKamp02
08-03-2003, 01:38 PM
JEESH! 425fps.! God, my mask can only withstand 300fps.

FutureMagOwner
08-03-2003, 01:58 PM
nope it can take more as a safety precaution but they recommend only 300 fps at the most

KornKamp02
08-03-2003, 02:27 PM
ah....

minnimag
08-03-2003, 11:07 PM
ive actually never been hit in the neck.. wich is wierd because ive had dozens of balls bounce off my IZE mask.. i love that thing. but what i hate is the hands with no gloves, that can hurt. So be smart and wear gloves if you have them or borrow a buddies. the chances of getting hit in the hands is pretty slim but just incase. dont worry it's not bad at all, half the time you wont even feel more then a little pinch

xadamx
08-04-2003, 12:12 AM
hahahahaha yea that was funny hehe

Originally posted by LawFox32
oh yeah, and watch the nips, I've been shot from 4 feet away on the right nip, wow, I couldn't wear a shirt for an entire day

KornKamp02
08-04-2003, 12:15 AM
Thanks guys...I feel much better! I just wish someone would ball with me.... 1 on 1 would even be good right now.

Clnick6
08-04-2003, 12:20 AM
Paintballs don’t hurt at all if you don’t get hit in the neck I got hit there a couple of weeks ago and I still have a scar now my mommy makes me where a neck gourd :(

_Spork_1
08-04-2003, 12:27 AM
Originally posted by Miscue
Usually it's not bad... you get the occassional zinger. It's like getting slapped with a wet towel really good.

that's the best description i've heard.

It's just like getting hit by like a "whip" or thin stick, it stings yea, but wears off fast.

i like how you have boycott SP in your sig when you haven't played yet:p

Jonno06
08-04-2003, 12:47 AM
BURN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KornKamp02
08-04-2003, 12:52 AM
lol

Micromag man!
08-04-2003, 01:49 AM
lol the mods want the smart parts swastika out of ur sig cuz AO doesnt wanna get sued :rolleyes: They may have a patent on the swastika too.... ive heard the head honcho over at SP is Hitler himslef:D

KornKamp02
08-04-2003, 03:48 PM
lol

Boothhead
08-05-2003, 03:41 AM
It doesn't hurt much.
When you are playing you don't even notice tha pain.
If you are shot for the purpose of being shot (like in your backyard with your friend) or if you are video taping and you get shot, it stings. This is cause you don't have the adrenidlin in ya.

Just remember that getting shot in the nuts hurts alot.
When I got shot in the nuts I feel down a hill, I don't wear a cup though (cause I'm dumb).

Off Center
08-05-2003, 02:57 PM
The only time it really hurts to get hit with a paintball is when you don't expect it. Otherwise, if you make an aggressive movement (i.e. changing bunkers while under fire), it doesn't hurt - you expect to get hit so your body compensates by flooding with a little extra happy juice.