PDA

View Full Version : E-Mag - venting air. Need some advice.

jpm
08-01-2003, 09:25 PM
Just recieved a used E-Mag today and it pressures up good, but after I shoot anywhere from 1-5 shots (dry fire) it starts venting out of the port directly across from the NPT in-let(not the port on the brown part of the reg).

Things I've tried:
running oil through the ASA (to lube the internals)
Removing, cleaning and oiling the on/off, the regulator pin assembly, and the power tube o-ring.

My air source is a 68/4500 Centerflag with high pressure preset. This may well have been covered before or might be found in some troubleshooting guide, however I've spent the last hour-ish looking around airgun.com and here looking and have not found what I was looking for.

Thanks

TAW
08-01-2003, 09:58 PM
Did you check/change these orings? That little hole is there as a vent for these orings when they go bad.

jpm
08-01-2003, 10:13 PM
Good work Taw,
Upon a closer look .. it appears the middle o-ring is indeed broken in two.

Will the retro reg valve pin assesmbly work in the Emag valve (I'm thinking it should)? There are a couple other items I need to order and would be great if I could just get them all at once.

TAW
08-01-2003, 10:32 PM
umm, There is a plastic split ring between the two orings. I managed to replace the two orings but it was a pain.

Yes they are the same part

jpm
08-01-2003, 10:56 PM
Well.. if that center plastic ring is suppose to be split then I don't know what's up.. the o-rings look fine to me.

jpm
08-02-2003, 10:14 AM
Anyone else have any other ideas as to what the issue might be? After concluding that the plastic is indeed suppose to be split and the o-rings appear to be in go shape. I still have air venting out of that hole.

BlackVCG
08-02-2003, 12:50 PM
Put your RT regulator pin assembly in the E-Mag. Be sure to clean out the hole with a q-tip. If your pin works in your RT, it should work in the E-Mag.

The o-rings will leak even if they "look" good.

jpm
08-02-2003, 12:52 PM
I only have the E-Mag.. I can't test the assembly in another marker. I'm guessing the assembly just needs replaced.

BlackVCG
08-02-2003, 01:06 PM
You can replace those two o-rings with ones from an RT parts kit. They are the on/off top o-ring. You need a dental pick to take them off and some patience.