PDA

View Full Version : trigger malfunction???

t2theko
08-02-2003, 12:39 AM
I installed my level 10, a leak started in the barrel (so I assume I need a smaller carrier) but more importantly, the trigger has stopped working all togeather, it won't reset, or even set when the gas is turned on for that matter, what's going on?

subliminaltrance
08-02-2003, 12:20 PM
my mag did the same thing when I installed my x valve. I took out the on-off pin and oiled it really welll then i had to play with the velocity ajustment and it got it to set

BlackVCG
08-02-2003, 12:43 PM
Make sure the sear is properly installed in the frame so the trigger rod can come through the slot in the frame.

You'll need to turn up the velocity to get it to work after you install it. Try setting it up with no shims and put the o-ring in the carrier first and slide it on the bolt stem to feel the fit. It should have a bit of friction, but not so much that when you pull the carrier back off, the o-ring stays on the stem. Once you get a good fit, put that carrier down in the PT and set it all the way in by pushing on it with a pen or something similar.

Start out by using the gold spring and get it working and see how it does. If you shoot really brittle paint, step up to the middle spring.

t2theko
08-02-2003, 12:47 PM
I think I'm just gonna take my rt into the shop to be sure it's done right, but to make sure I don't get shafted, what's the average price to get a level 10 installed?

Woogie12
08-02-2003, 05:57 PM
There's a vid on how to install it. But try turning your velocity up. I forgot to do that and had the same problem. Here are directions on how to install. http://www.automags.org/resource/level10/index.shtml