PDA

View Full Version : how is it

FreakBaller12
08-02-2003, 08:00 AM
i have never been to a scenarrio just wnat to know how good they are and how would you compare them to liek a tourny

Pyrate Jim
08-02-2003, 11:47 AM
There is no comparison between tourney and scenario.
Tourney you need three minutes of fast-paced paint flinging and then wait for your next turn.
Scenarios just keep going and you need to finish missions to earn points for your team. You need real strategy and awareness of where the rest of your team is and where the other team is.
I prefer a good scenario over any other play.

Of course, some are better than others.

zabbu
08-02-2003, 06:24 PM
[qote}You need real strategy and awareness of where the rest of your team is and where the other team is. [quote]
i am rather insulted by this. i play tourney ball, and i play scenario ball on occasion. While the stratagies are different, there is stratagy in tourney ball. You have to know where the other team is there too, and you depend more on them to get you thru the game than i ever have needed to in scenario ball. Take your tippman, learn a little respect for other games, and maybe try a concept field, i think i can find one in cammo for you some where!
/rant off
/flame off
/flame suit on
brandon
aim
zabbux

Pyrate Jim
08-02-2003, 07:53 PM
You know not to whom you speak.
I've been doing tournies for years, I played in the World Cup back in '98 with my RT pro. Nowadays I play tournies with a pump mainly because the whole fire-rate thing turns me off.
I still have my level six 'mag, and my daughter plays with a Micromag RT.(or any one of twenty six others in the basement)and I recently had the opportunity of meeting Tom Kaye at - of all things, a scenario game.

My point is that on a speedball court, you know where the other team is from the start. With good communication, you never lose track of them. There's no worry about the squad who flanked you or the sneak in the ghillie suit. No wondering if the other half of your team is holding or been overrun.
You use tactics on a speedball court, strategy in a scenario game.
Xball, you grab the flag as often as you can in the time alloted. Scenarios have always been like that, only it's a different flag(or mission) each time and you get eight to twenty-eight hours to do it. And instead of five, seven or ten opponents you could be facing anywhere from twenty to two hundred.
As far as taking out the Tippmann...
http://www.fox4paintball.com/img/July%2019,%202003/Picture%20097.jpg

lord1234
08-03-2003, 12:56 AM
pyrate jim since i cant pm u or email u
i play at friendly fire which is down the street from fox4 ever been there?

rikkter
08-03-2003, 01:49 AM
20 to 200?
minimum amount i've played against is 80, most was 673.
that was fun, let me tell you :D

Pyrate Jim
08-03-2003, 07:02 AM
It's unfortunate, but up here in New England scenarios have been neither common nor popular. Although that's starting to change with one-day games being held but most of the local fields are just not equipped for overnight play.
I'll go down to EMR or Skirmish for the big games, and SNY used to hold some good 28hr games, and we'll play at night on my property (but that's a stock-class woods field)
Haven't been to Friendly Fire since...about '95 or '96 I guess.
My personal schedule for the month:
Today is the MIB game at Splattown in Vernon, CT.
The 9th is Wolverines at MaddMan in Agawam, MA.
The 17th is a Marshals game at Camp Paintball in Kingston, RI.
The 23rd is "Zeuss vs Hades" at Strategy Plus in E.Hampton, CT.(which has the distinction of being the oldest continuously operating field in the world)

So three scenarios and a stock day. Not too bad for this neck of the woods, considering that ten years ago there were only three fields within a two hour drive from here.

zabbu
08-03-2003, 06:06 PM
you are right, i did not know to whom i spoke.
thats a nice tippy btw. Now that i have been better informed, i would like to state, i stand by my statements.
zabbu

MaGSteR2003
08-03-2003, 09:37 PM
Well i work at a feild we had 1 day a tourney and a whole bunch of wreck players so i was jogging back and forth reffing and stuff all day 1 thing is forsure every1 gets pissed at 1 point for some reason lol. But like the 1 guy said all pait flying thats it in a tourny personally i think a scenario game is fun eithier way. Too much agrivation in a tourny sometimes. but fun and funny to watch at. ok..... there u go

Wickster
08-07-2003, 08:52 PM
Wow!
I haven't seen an SMG in many years. Is that one of the early .60 cal. or late .68 cal SMG's?

Pyrate Jim
08-10-2003, 08:39 AM
SMG60 - one of two that I have. It's actually .62 caliber and the only place I've found for paint is at blowguns northwest out in Oregon.

I rarely get to play with it, since most places are FPO and they don't normally have the .62 paint.
But the game that day was G.I.Joe vs Cobra so it fit the scenario and as long as I kept it from going full-auto it was acceptable.

Wickster
08-10-2003, 06:10 PM
nice!

I forgot that they were .62 and not .60. I'm glad to see that someone has kept some around. I shot one of each kind many years ago, with one that had the clips exit out the top of the gun. It's a shame that paint is hard to find, but nice to see you made the effort for that game.

Keep it up!