PDA

View Full Version : Didn't we try this already?

deathstalker
08-02-2003, 10:41 AM
And it was merged with the Meet and Greet forum?

And who is this "Lawrence TB Wright" dude?

:)

brett
08-02-2003, 12:06 PM
And who is this "Lawrence TB Wright" dude?

:confused:

rikkter
08-03-2003, 01:54 AM
Originally posted by brett

:confused:

i was too til i looked at who is the mods for this particular section.
:confused: :confused:

MXS
08-03-2003, 03:00 PM
Lawrence "TB" Wright is the editor of Scenario News, a publication created specifically for scenario players (www.scenarionews.com). He has over 50 scenario and big games under his belt, has commanded many 26-hour scenarios (most recently at the "Twin Towers" event at EMR) and was a major player for William Shatner is '02 (and will be again in '03). He is a Desert Storm vet (Marines).
As I understand it, this forum was created with Tom's approval with the design of bringing more scenario players to this site. There are many of us who lurk to find and pass along information on scenarios and scenario-specific gear. Scenarios are not recent developments - the first one was played in 1988 - and they have grown into the largest aspect of the paintball industry, with major industry support and representation.

The biggest difference between scenario and tournament play, is that scenarios offer aspects that everybody can participate in, no matter what your age or ability. It's not only woods ball; many great scenario games have been played on Airball, Sup'Airball and Hyperball fields, as well as in building complexes and on private islands.
Players in age from 10 to 100 can participate - and disabilities are not a factor; I've seen wheelchair-powered tanks. You would be very surprised to learn of the advents in air-powered "weaponry" that is currently being developed just for scenario play. There are entire companies and product lines devoted just for the scenario and recball players - and more in development every day.

The biggest difference you will find between the tournament and scenario aspects is the camraderie, sportsmanship and FUN that is looked forward to and expected at scenario games. Competing scenario teams eat with, visit and hang out with each other. They share gear. They help each other. Weekend events are like group outings, with entire families playing and camping out. Yet on the field, they are just as competitive as any other player. And they do it for hours at a time - not minutes. Small unit tactics, specialty gear (radios, night vision, etc.), a working knowledge of HOW to play the game and do it well is highly valued and respected.

Now is the best time for players who have never played a scenario to jump in and experience it. Scenario teams are forming all the time, teaching and demonstrating and vying for recognition among their peers and the industry. We have a saying which is like a mantra among the more experienced scenario players: "Each one, teach one." This has proven to be the best way to grow our sport - and have no doubt - scenarios are continually growing in popularity among fields, families and tournament players who want a different level of experience. There has been more cross-over playing in the last year than any other I've experienced.
One last thing: You will find more girls and women competing in scenarios, making names for themselves and leading entire teams.
It's all about the players.
:cool: