PDA

View Full Version : X-Mag problem: automatic mode!!!

Keeper
08-02-2003, 12:17 PM
Dear friends, please help.

My new X-mag (c&c, blue-black fade) has a point with automatic mode of firing. When I pull the trigger one time it starts to shoot many times. If I use x-mag w/o gas I hear that it is still working in this mode. It means that it isn't a reactive effect. I tried to change an amplitude of trigger movement and a sensitivity of trigger, but in any case it has the point of auto mode.
Any suggestions?
What should I do?
(Remarks: there is no service center for Mags in Russia and I have no chance to send the marker to England. I have to solve this problem by myself)

PS/ Excuse me for my English, it's not my native language. ;)

BlackVCG
08-02-2003, 12:46 PM
What air system are you using on it? I've seen bad airsystems make E-Mags go full auto in E-Mode.

Does it ever fire single shots or does it go FA every time you pull the trigger? Make sure that the sear axle pin on the left side of the body is fully tightened, the field strip screw for the valve is fully tightened and the front frame screw.

Riddler236
11-20-2003, 05:43 AM
Your Hall Effect Sensor either needs adjusted or is defective. Here's more info:

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=97297

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=110250

athomas
11-21-2003, 02:31 PM
I'd go with the HES problem theory. Sounds like the HES is over sensitive or the hysteresis between on and off is too close together. Get a new HES sensor and try it. Post back here if you get the problem fixed. It isn't an overly common problem but it has cropped up on some other markers as well.

Swede X-mag
11-22-2003, 10:45 AM
I have the exact same issue on my x-mag.
I have ver 2.21 on my board.
Whats your valve number? mine is xt-243.
I bougt it in februari -03.
My x is purchased at agde.

Im trying to figure out if thesee x-mags are from the same batch.

Im going to send mine in on repair as soon as i get the money for it.

ICOM
11-23-2003, 01:18 AM
just making sure, is your sear in right? if you gas up your gun without a sear and press trigger it goes FA til you unscrew, just checking :)

Riddler236
11-23-2003, 01:31 AM
It has nothing to do with the sear, solenoid or trigger rod and is completely a switch issue. My first X-Mag did this. XT 281 - bought this past summer. No matter how much I adjusted the HES and trigger pull, I couldn't get the FA spot to go away; I could just get it really hard to find. My new X-mag, XT 147, does not have the defective HES.

Edit: Just to clarify, markers with this HES problem will have a FA spot in the pull with or without air.

abunkerer
11-23-2003, 03:14 PM
Send the gun in to get the new version 3 software. Sounds like trigger bounce. thats what the new software was designed to get rid of with shot buffering. I have that same thing, I think lots of emag users have it. If I pull the trigger really slow, and hold it right at the point of firing the solenoid will start cycling like crazy. With the new software I adjust the shot buffering to about 50, that point will not make the gun go full auto.