PDA

View Full Version : lets go all info on shatnerball

nosnformatt
08-02-2003, 02:02 PM
post everything you know here

MXS
08-03-2003, 03:24 PM
If you haven't played at EMR Paintball (and even if you have) this is one event you won't want to miss! Pacman and the Magnificent 7 will back William Shatner once more in this huge charity event, produced by SPPLAT at EMR Paintball Park in New Milford, PA (www.emrpaintball.com).

Tom Kaye and Eric "Mancow" Mueller will return, and this year we'll get to see what kind of scenario player Jerry Braun (aka Boss Tweed) *really* is

Registration fees include afternoon and night play Friday August 29th and more open play on Saturday. A "mini-convention" hosted by Creation Entertainment will take place Saturday afternoon at the Forum in Binghamton, NY (only 30 minutes from EMR).

The International Paintball Museum, located on the grounds of EMR, will be open to the public.

THE game will take place Sunday the 31st with all players registered prior to AUG. 11 receiving a commemorative collector's edition jersey!

The game story:
William Shatner is the captain of an elite Special Forces Fugitive Retrieval Division in the year 2112. Sent back in time to the wild West of 1875 to capture Omar Tartan (comedian Wayne Brady), the Captain and his Magnificent 7 must deal with the lawlessness of the old West while trying to find and capture the sly and elusive Omar.

The Captain's group meets with the US Calvary, led by General G.A. Custer ("Weltman") and hooks up with the local posse, led by "Hangcow," the justice o' the peace.

Omar Tartan got the jump on putting together his band of outlaws (the Raiders) and creating much chaos in his quest for all the gold they can grab.

The Posse indicates Omar has gathered the worst of the worst: William Bonnie; the James Gang, both Frank and Jesse; the Clantons; Butch Cassidy; Cole Younger; the Dalton Gang; Tom Evans; Bill Doolin ... all have rallied around Omar. And look at this: Belle Starr!

What the Captain and his crew were not privy to when they made the time jump, was that Omar had taken with him several of the division's Cyborg units (led by Tom Kaye). A nearly identical copy of a human, these machines have amazing agility and highly evolved skills ... as well as another advantage: they feel no emotion.

What Omar was not privy to when he stole the Cyborg units: Cyborgs have never had much luck with time jumping. Seems the systems can get all screwy... ;)

All factions are making use of Indian scouts to guide them.

Join us as we relive the old West - paintball style! - and have a great time for a worthy cause. Vendors and trade show; choice of paint; prizes; paintball "tanks" - bring your LAWs and Nerfs!

Atomic Ordnance grenades will be available!

Player's pass is $100 and includes limited edition jersey (if registered by Aug. 11) and three days of field fees!

Profits will go to benefit William Shatner’s Hollywood Charity Horseshow, which supports various charities to include Ahead With Horses, LA’s Best and more.

Register NOW at www.spplat.com and visit www.emrpaintball.com for more directions, accomodations and other information!

The game to be directed by Diane "Mother" Howe McKinnon

AutomagRT1483
08-03-2003, 10:41 PM
MXS, does the 100 bucks also provide for air fills???? Im already registered, just couldnt find anything on the fills yet.

LaW
08-03-2003, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by AutomagRT1483
MXS, does the 100 bucks also provide for air fills???? Im already registered, just couldnt find anything on the fills yet.

GOOD QUESTION!!!

MXS
08-04-2003, 03:17 AM
I believe standard EMR air fill rates will be in effect:
AIR:
CO2: $4.00 per fill or 3 fills for $10.00
Compressed Air:$10.00 per day or $18.00 per weekend; Unlimited fills.

MXS
08-04-2003, 07:06 PM
A new website is in the works to compile all the information for this star-studded event!
Go to:
Shatnerball! (http://www.shatnerball.com)

Event information and schedule of events will be uploaded tomorrow.

This just in: Unlimited Compressed air and C02 fills for the three-day event is $10 per bottle (each bottle will be inspected for expiration and condition).
Choice of paint, from $60 to $70 per 2000-round case.

Get registered now to ensure you get the collector's jersey!
SPPLAT Registration form (http://www.spplat.com/f_prereg.cfm)

Timmee
08-05-2003, 08:14 PM
Since this is a wild west scenario, I'd like to state the following:

Too bad my AGA .62 isn't functional :(
Too bad I probably wouldn't be able to get paint for it :(

That is all.

MXS
08-06-2003, 12:52 AM
JJ just made this post on one of the other threads:

"All HPA and CO2 for Friday thru Sunday is included in your registration fee. I'll make sure to update the SPPLAT site to reflect this."

I'm looking to find out if this is for all registered players or those who pre-register prior to Aug. 11.

Stay tuned.
:)

LaW
08-06-2003, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by MXS
JJ just made this post on one of the other threads:

"All HPA and CO2 for Friday thru Sunday is included in your registration fee. I'll make sure to update the SPPLAT site to reflect this."

I'm looking to find out if this is for all registered players or those who pre-register prior to Aug. 11.

Stay tuned.
:)

NICE! cool one lest cost I have to worry about :)

MXS
08-12-2003, 08:32 PM
Getting down to the wire and things are moving swiftly.

Thanks to the folks at National Paintball Supply, ALL players will be receiving the commemorative event jersey! So, your 100 bucks includes the jersey whether you made the pre-registration deadline or have yet to sign up. Whoo-hoo!
Jersey designs will be made available on shatnerball.com once they are available.

Pre-registering by August 24 ensures you receive preferential parking and camping. Get registered!!!

At this time, Diablo will be offered as the event paint. More paint options for the players are being looked into.

The paint prices will remain the same throughout the three-day event; paint purchased on Friday or Saturday can be used on Sunday, as well.

This is not a full-fledged scenario, but will have some scenario aspects, with points allocated. There will be some missions, some objectives, some flag stations to control, some random objectives the players can attempt, and a few surprises for the commanders, too.
:D

Insertions will be every 20 minutes.

There will be a game field map supplied for all the players at the event. Bases, auxiliary bases, flag stations and objectives will be iindicated on the game map. Not gonna tell ahead of time :)

I don't have the pre-reg. numbers, but have been informed the numbers have jumped considerably this week. Preparations are being made for 1,500 players.

Players have been able to allocate in order of which team they wish to play for when they filled out the online pre-registration form at www.spplat.com. Those who registered early got their first choice assignment. Now that the pre-registration deadline of Aug. 11 has come and gone, those who register afterward will be split evenly among their second and third choices should their first choice team be filled. It has been stressed for months now for players to register early in order to get their preferred team. We will do all we can to accommodate the first requests, but we also must ensure the teams are split evenly.

It's going to be a hoot! Keep checking back to www.shatnerball.com for all the latest information.

Tyger
08-13-2003, 12:05 AM
Air : Rock on.

Jerseys : ROCK ON! Wait, does this mean we've all got National logos on us now?

Paint : Diablo? Ok, Prep for TINY paint. I'll get a new barrel if I need to. What about Severe? (In which case I'll prep for TEENY paint...)

MXS : ROCK ON!!! Actually, I'm looking forward to actually getting to PLAY with the MXS people. I wanna watch them for a while and learn.

-Tyger

Star_Base_CGI
08-13-2003, 10:20 PM
Im not sure when to go.

I am staying ala Camp/bunk. Im not sure if Im welcome to or if its wise when to go.

SHould I go thursday, friday till sunday?

When should I expect to leave. My only concern is lot security and how much time Im welcome to loiter in your bunkouse, lots or camp areas. Tee hee.

Ill try to be extra nice.

Meph
08-13-2003, 10:34 PM
Hell, I know I am! I'll be there from Thursday until Monday. Might even be there on Wednesday if Blue needs help.

AutomagRT1483
08-14-2003, 12:04 AM
Star_Base - your welcome to loiter in my campspot.

Anyone know when were getting a confirmation from Spplat as to which teams we will be assigned to??? Or is this going to be a mystery until we arrive and register at EMR???

Star_Base_CGI
08-14-2003, 01:10 AM
Thanks!

Stupid question. Im just not sure how long were premited to linger.

Can we go thursday friday and linger till monday?

LaW
08-14-2003, 08:01 AM
Well if I don't leave there to go home by monday morning I am going to be so stinkin tired since I start classes on the 2nd and 9am :) haha but yeah thursday - monday should be fine in my opinion.

MXS
08-14-2003, 09:08 PM
Players can show up as early as they want, however, registration won't begin until Thursday morning.
Players can hang out on Monday, as well. It's Labor Day. Though, if you've got a bunkhouse or some business to finish before you leave, might want to conclude all of that stuff on Sunday after the game so the field staff knows you're still gonna be around.

Star_Base_CGI
08-14-2003, 11:11 PM
Thanks!

I love Mother. Hope it doesnt rain.

Now temptation. Go for lets see. 5 days. Thats alot of camp food.

AutomagRT1483
08-17-2003, 11:17 PM
Will PMI be there with air tanks for sale??? I want to upgrade myself to a 88/4500 before I play.

MXS
08-18-2003, 12:03 AM
PMI won't be there, but BustNBalls will be. Send 'em, an email and tell 'em what you want so they will be sure to bring it.
www.bustnballs.com
:cool:

MXS
08-19-2003, 10:34 PM
Shatnerball.com (http://www.shatnerball.com) has been updated with all the latest and greatest information. There is now a News link where you can see the prototype jersey designs, and information on how you can Ride With Bill on a motorcyycle tour for Labor Day.
:cool:

Tyger
08-20-2003, 03:03 AM
HOOORAYY!!!!!

We don't have to wear RED SHIRTS again!!!! WOO HOOOOOO!!!!!!

Now I hope I get there with enough money to get my name on this shirt. :)

Shirsts look cool this year!

-Tyger

MXS
08-20-2003, 02:44 PM
We were Red Shirts once...
:D

Star_Base_CGI
08-20-2003, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by Tyger
HOOORAYY!!!!!

We don't have to wear RED SHIRTS again!!!! WOO HOOOOOO!!!!!!

Now I hope I get there with enough money to get my name on this shirt. :)

Shirsts look cool this year!

-Tyger

I dont know what to get on my Jersey. Should I get SBCGI, Bill A or Star Base? Decisions decisions.

deathstalker
08-20-2003, 09:15 PM
As usual, the bad guys have the better jersey!

Is there any official word on getting them customized? I started a thread about it while back, but no one replied.:(

AutomagRT1483
08-20-2003, 09:49 PM
Those jersyes are looking pretty good. :D

shivors
08-23-2003, 04:24 PM
Is there any official word on getting them customized? I started a thread about it while back, but no one replied.

Last year Wicked MPulse was there pressing letters. Actually they where selling their jerseys for 20$ per and a buck a letter...not too shabby. Dont know about this year though.....so I guess I just wasted like 2 minutes of my life posting this..... <sigh>

The spifferific jersey designs...

Raiders and Cyborg:
http://shatnerball.com/images/raider.gif

Calvary and Posse:
http://shatnerball.com/images/calv.gif

Wickster
08-26-2003, 09:39 PM
No offense, but I think the raider/cyborg jerseys look pretty bad.

Shouldn't cyborgs look like some kind of metal somewhere?

Doobie
08-26-2003, 10:02 PM
I originally thought the same thing. I re- read the story line and the Cyborgs are supposed to look human. Kind of like Terminators. I just hope no one shoots my skin off to see what lies beneath! :D