PDA

View Full Version : Equipment Thread

f3rr3+
08-02-2003, 03:08 PM
Its in all the other scenario forums so lets do it here.

List ALL of the items you vetran scenario gamers have brought with you and have saved your butt time and time again. But dont for get all the basics for the newbies out there.

personman
08-02-2003, 03:16 PM
Ice. :D

nosnformatt
08-02-2003, 04:13 PM
a cup

Lakeview Bulldog
08-02-2003, 04:46 PM
How about a nice chair and a table to have as your private staging area.

zabbu
08-02-2003, 06:14 PM
bear with me if these seem obvious but these are things i have needed/forgotten over the years
Pain killers! dont care what kind you prefer, but remember them!
Knee pads, and/or elbow pads
Spare change of clothes Including SHOES!
spare parts, i cannot stress this enough, SPARE PARTS!!!!!
these include orings, lenses, other bits that break, and even some that dont. i always bring along a spare bolt, and often a non electro trigger! (ebladed cocker)
a spare hopper is good too.
BATTERIES!(if you need them)
Bug repellent
Bandaids
Spare BBD (barrel blocking device)
WATER, Gatorade what ever will rehydrate you. Remember, if you pass out, you get shot more because its hard to call OUT when you are unconcious *(dont spell so well)
i will update this when i remeber what else i often forget :)
brandon
AIM
zabbux

Xyxyll
08-02-2003, 08:52 PM
lol! Radios are very helpful. I was holding an important prop at one point in the game, and I got a call on the radio to rush it all the way to the other end of the field. Was a couple minute sprint, but we got it there in time. :D

Definitely bring LOTS of clothes. Nearly every scenario game I have been to, it has rained... a lot! On one occasion however, it was over 110° sunny, and dry (one kid passed out from heat exhaustion). In one point in that game, I was really thirsty. So I started the walk back up this big hill that goes up around a castle. When I neared the top, I noticed my teammates inside the castle, and the other team assaulting from the surroundings. After eliminating a few people, I rushed into the castle. 5 minutes later, we all get blown up. Instead of going to the CP where I had a cooler of ice cold water, I walked nearly a mile through the staging area to camp.. to find out that the van had been moved to the staging area...LOL!

At least two or three pairs of shoes. Boots are VERY good to have.

Camoflauge usually helps.

um... there are a lot more. I'll remember them in a little bit.

rikkter
08-03-2003, 01:53 AM
the BIGGEST thing you should bring, is boxers, underwear, whatever you wear. vedy important.
lot of paper towels, and some cleaning water, of course drinks. always try to drink before going back out on the field. you wont regret it.
or you could just get a camel pack and go on the field with that, tho it usually warms in the tube and isn't great, but you'll love it when you need it.

Crimson_Turkey
08-03-2003, 01:28 PM
My british army sniper veil has proved invaluable time and time again.

I usually take a small pack with some extra food in it. I have found that spectras can actually be worn and eaten in at the same time. Once I borrowed a hydra storm from some buddies that was awesome as well. This goes more if you stay in the field for extended periods of time, Once I slept in the feild as to not lose my postition.

Headset radios.

Flatline barrels.

Gun Slings

Red lights. Red will illuminate but will preserve some element of stealth at night.

Some sort of scope for spotting can be good.

Support weaponry. If you can get a hold of some, mines, bazooka's filled with shotgun round (basically pods) and other stuff like that.

chizle97
08-03-2003, 02:35 PM
Well i always find that toilet paper is a life saver. You can use it in the woods, bathroom, bucket,ext. you can also find a pile of un broken paintballs on the ground, break them, soak all the paint up with a wad of TP and chuck at enemy (results may vary) Also my sling shot for when my gun/backup both run out of air.

rikkter
08-03-2003, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by chizle97
Well i always find that toilet paper is a life saver. You can use it in the woods, bathroom, bucket,ext. you can also find a pile of un broken paintballs on the ground, break them, soak all the paint up with a wad of TP and chuck at enemy (results may vary) Also my sling shot for when my gun/backup both run out of air.

haha i'm going to try that!
i've never thought of that

Tack
08-03-2003, 09:56 PM
Extra clothes are important, especially if you have to travel and camp. Not only game clothes, but after game stuff as well. Never bet on the weather. I packed bdu pants and t-shirts to D-Day this past year and nearly froze my butt off in the early morning. Also, comfortable shoes for in game as well as after.

Bring more than one marker. Some people laugh at me when they see I brought three or four markers with me to a game, however it is never a bad idea to bring you main marker, a back up, and even a back up to the back up if you have one. That way you will still get to play.

Extra gear is necessary. Bring a second mask, as well as lenses for your primary. Make sure you have something to clean the mask off while on the field. I carry a small spray bottle of water with me on the field. That way if I get a head shot, or alot of spray, I can clean things off when I get to the dead zone, and not worry about getting left over paint smeered across my lenses.

Bring some kind of hydration pack, or at least a military style canteen with a straw. These are probablly as valuable as your marker when playing. Depending on where you go, some places will have drinking water at the dead zones, others will not. Also, if you are in the field for a long time, because you havn't ran into a major fire fight, or just survived. You will need water. I usually carry a standard 60oz bladder, as well as an extra 20 oz canteen. That way I have enough.

Go on the field with enough paint that you don't have to reload every 10 minuts. Figure out what style of play you like to do. If you are a sneeky scout, sniper, or point man, you probablly will use less paint than someone who has a fast trigger and knows how to lay down suppression fire. Suppression gunners = Carry alot of paint!!!!!. The last thing your team needs is for you to run out of paint when they are storming a bunker.

It is also a good thought to carry an extra air tank or two with you, dependign on what type of air systems you use. Compressed tanks can get kinda heavy, but it sometimes is a hell of a long walk back to a dead zone, or stageing area to get more air if you run out.

Map cases are nice. Get something with a clear window that you can look at the map through. These are good for several reasions. If it is raining, you can still look at the map, without getting it wet and nasty. Also you can use the window as a writing area. You can plot positions, take notes, as well as draw in certin things you have seen. This is great if you are playing a game on a large field where ther is alot going on.

The list can continue as long as the games are, but those are probablly the essentials. The rest is really up to the individual player. Everyone is different. Play some scenario/big games and figure out what is best for you.

Aiki
08-04-2003, 11:23 AM
I have to admit that I don't carry a lot of gear on the field with me. Pod pack, radio, and my marker and that are about it.

I have been looking at the TAC vest that they have at www.cops911.com I have a teammate that got a custom made vest and it was really friggin cool. I never thought about get one in the past but after seeing his I think that I might get one.

doc_Zox
08-06-2003, 10:17 PM
Water

if yer not peeing clear you are dehydrating

the Cops 911 vest has a camelback pocket

being able to grab a drink with a mask on whenever you want will keep you operational

Xyxyll
08-08-2003, 09:36 AM
Yeah, that's another good point. The Cops911 vests are pretty cool. My team has a custom vest. It's on the site, TVI Vest.

Niterocker
08-09-2003, 12:00 AM
I would suggest a spare gun. Even if you are handy at repairing your gun, there are many times when you don't want to spend your valuable time fixing your main. This is particularly important if your guns are old, tempermental and/or ghetto fabulous. Ask anyone who has played with me.

Bring a good flashlight. They are not only needed at times during the night game, but to manuver through the dead zone after dark.

If you are a smoker, bring extra cigarettes! I'm always bumming off people by the end of the game. :D

-Keith
(hajkowski@aol.com)

Lee
08-10-2003, 06:49 PM
doc_Zox: just want to add something for everyones fyi. a person is already dehydrating when they get thirsty. urine clarity is a measure of fluid level, but not a good way to go about gauging dehydration.

so, drink whenever you can whether you're thirsty or not.

dry lips, mouth and sometimes headache are all indicators of dehydration also. watch for these. also, skin should spring back when gently pinched (like on your arm). if it goes back to shape slowly, you need water.

i'm a nurse and wanted to throw that out for everyones safety.

H.K S.O.C.O.M.45
08-15-2003, 09:06 AM
HAy thanks i new bout the skin thig but i ddi nt no bout the headache thing thanks ..

OH ya and my thig if your gonna go to a scenrio gam the most important thig is (drum role) a ride ya a ride cuz i cant drive (well not legaly )

2. if its allowed smoke grenades

3. i no this sounds stupid but bring a laser pointer beacuse when the nite game comes ( i have doen this at nite games before ) if you think you no were the enamy is poitn the laser there and if you no there isnt a tree there than theres a good chance that thats the opposition if you hitting somthin solid (ya i no it sounds stupid but hay it works)

f3rr3+
08-15-2003, 03:50 PM
Please dont add unnessary (sp?) stuff because 1) smoke grenades are not alowed so its irelivant 2) Laser pointers are not alowed either because of potential eye hazard so please keep this simple because this is for all the new comers to scenario paintball and i wouldnt like them to spend money on something they wont be allowed to use.

Tack
08-15-2003, 09:23 PM
Smoke Grenades are allowed on a game to game basis, depending on what field or promoter is running the game. Some places will allow them, some will not. However the only ones that are allowed are the non flamable ones. I believe they are called cold smoke. Anything that must be lit to activate is usually not allowed.

The best thing to do about things that are allowed and not allowed is to check with the rules of the game. If they are not posted on the web, call the field and ask. The last thing you want is to buy 100s of dollars of stuff for the game, and find out that you can't use them.

I have also found a nice way to keep my face and lips moist during play in the heat. It sounds kinda nasty but it works. useing your cammel back, take a drink of water but do not swallow. Spit the water straight into the mouth guard area of your mask. The spray will get your lower face wet and cool you down. Plus the rest will drip out of your mask onto your chest and cool you off. Don't do it if you only have a fuew sips of water left however. You don't want to spit out something that you may need to keep you going.

The best thing I have found for long scenario/big games where you plan to stay in the field for a while is to find a pod carrying system that will take the weight off your hips and distribute it evenly. I do not have one of the COPS 911 vest yet, but once I get the money saved up I am getting one. If you can not afford something as nice as that. Look at your local military surplus store. Right now I use a black tactical vest that I have hooked onto my Redz pack. It works nice for weight distribution and has enough pockets and pouches to let me carry what I need.

Jeff_PbDaddy
08-15-2003, 11:34 PM
I suggest baby wipes. They are much better than spit when you are trying to clean up on the field.

Not to mention, they are really nice after eating airport bar hot wings at 2 of 3 flight connections! I hope I don't have to explain that.:rolleyes:

I'm also making some cool PWDs. Watch your step!

Jeff

Esh
08-16-2003, 03:48 PM
Oh yea, don't forget the baby wipes, you may laugh at the though using them on the neither regions but if you ask any soldier that has spent more than three days in the field without a shower, you'll find that this is a god send.

This is what I bring.
Paintball guns main and backup
Air tank, this is the only thing I don't have a backup for
Hoppers main and backup
Masks main and backup
Barrel covers about five
Couple squeegees
Pods 10 each
Barrel kit (this has to have been though up by a scenario player because they are just a perfect fit for a scenario player)
Radio, I like to pretend I have a use for it.
NVG, I like to pretend it works well enough to use at night.
Field cloths, Gloves (got to have at least a pair),BDU top and bottom, enough socks, shirts, and underwear to change out every 4 hours, socks are 2 hours.
Field shoes 2 pair
Street cloths for the ride home.
Tent, 10'X12', I use this by myself, I can keep all my stuff inside it comfortably without worrying about it getting wet.
Tent heater, mornings are cold when you've been in a warm sleeping bag
Sleeping bag, it gets cold at night.
Lantern, not only does it get cold at night but it also gets dark, Duh
Air mattress with pump, the ground usually isn't comfortable and mats don't work.
Pillow, no brainer here, just took a six games to figure out I needed one.
Battery powered alarm clock, don't want to be late for the start of the morning session.
Folding table
Two folding chairs, either someone else ends up in one or I put to much gear in one to sit on it.
Food, it's what's for dinner.
Water, I might bring a soda or two but water keeps you going on the field.
Cooler, cold water is much tastier than warm water.
Tools and parts.
Extra set of batteries for everything.
Extra flashlight batteries.
The three tapes, Teflon, Duck, and Electrical. If one of these three can't fix it, it can't be fixed.
Mole skin, saves blisters.
Leatherman, 1001 uses and still counting.
Lighter, portable fire is good.
Camelbak, don't drink the water you find on the field, bring in water to drink.
Watch, got to know what time your mission starts and ends
Pen, I find this helps out more than you would think
Flashlight also seems to help out more than you would think
Pod filler, almost forgot about these things, I just started using one and they work great. They help you get back out onto the field quickly. Open a bag dump it in and just start filling pods.

Even though I've played my fair share of scenario and big games I'm still experimenting with new stuff trying to see what else comes in handy. I've started looking into some of these new synthetic cloths like Coolmax that are suppose to be better than traditional materials.

Jeff_PbDaddy
08-16-2003, 08:00 PM
Dude, CoolMax ROCKS!!! I wear a CoolMax t-shirt under my vest on duty. Its a life saver in this heat.

And you got it right, just ask the guys in Iraq about baby wipes. They're not just for butts any more. ;)

I've built several PWDs this week. Very loud and very dependable.

I also got confirmation of being on TK's team.

Jeff

f3rr3+
08-20-2003, 08:45 PM
The three tapes, Teflon, Duck, and Electrical. If one of these three can't fix it, it can't be fixed.

if one of those tapes cant fix it it isnt broken my friend :P

f3rr3+
08-20-2003, 08:46 PM
oh yeah this thread should be sticked if any moderator comes across it

Esh
08-20-2003, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by f3rr3+

if one of those tapes cant fix it it isnt broken my friend :P

you've never seen me break stuff before.

f3rr3+
08-20-2003, 09:21 PM
hehe i'll have to take your word on that... if i had the money id build a house using nothing but ducttape to hold stuff together :P no nails screws nothing lol

it may not work but itd be intresting i wonder what kind of stress ducttape can hold

Albinonewt
08-22-2003, 07:51 PM
Four 2 1/2 million candle power halogens on stands with remotes and a proximity detector....

You do the math.

Jaasper
08-30-2003, 01:12 AM
Few things I usually take along with me.....

- <B>Marker</B> (or 2 or 3. And spares etc..)
- <B>Mask</B> (Extra Lenses, I have V-Force so tints for night and day play.)
- <B>Head Cover Of Choice</B> (Flex fit team hat in my case)
- <B>Air Tank</B> (4500 88ci Stubby, less trips to refill.)
- <B>Good Multi Bore Barrel set.</B> (Never know what kind of paint you will be shooting/conditions.)
- <B>Pads/Pods Etcs..</B> (Something to carry pods in.)
- <B>Pod Loaders</B> (We used one of these last time we went out and WHOA!)
- <B>Gun stand</B> (Keeps tables free, outta mud, easy to load. PVC + Foam Instant gun stand.)
- <B>Good Pair of Suspenders</B> (to keep everything up.)
- <B>Lots of Pockets.</B>
- <B>Pen/Paper</B>
- <B>Money</B> (For New toys, Emergencies)
- <B>Water</B> (~5 gallons for a weekend)
- <B>Food</B> (Rasins and banannas. Lots of potassium. No Cramps.)
- <B>Chuck Box</B> (To keep Dry goods/cooking supplies in. Cooking Utensils, Spices, etc..)
- <B>Assorted Pots and Pans</b> (Mmmm Brownies...)
- <B>Drinks</B> (gatorade, sodas...)
- <B>Stuff to eat and drink out of</B>
- <B>Fire</B> (matches, lighter.)
- <B>Wood</B> (Camp Fires are nice and not all fields have wood you can scavenge)
- <B>Ice</B> (to put in ice chest with food)
- <B>Ice Chest</B>
- <B>Water Igloo Cooler</B> (To keep Water Cold In)
- <B>Battery Power Fan.</B> (Have a combo Fan/Light that works nice.)
- <B>Something to sleep on.</B>(Inflatable Mattress)
- <B>Something to sleep in.</B>(Tents)
- <B>Sleeping bag.</B> (A pillow is nice)
- <B>Ground Cloth</B> (Tarp under tent. Good place to take muddy stuff off.)
- <B>Tables</B> (2 at least. One for gear, one for food prep/stove area.)
- <B>Chairs</B> (2 at least.)
- <B>Radio</B> (weather reports)
- <B>Mosquito Repellant of choice.</B>
- <B>SunBlock</B> (Sunblock, Sunblock, Sunblock! Even wearing long sleeves, its good for top of the ears and back of the neck.)
- <B>Tools</B>
- <B>Assorted Tapes.</B> (duct, teflon, electrical)
- <B>Camp Stove.</B>
- <B>Lights</B> (for on and off field)
- <B>Propane</B> (stove and lights)
- <B>Rain Gear.</B>(even if its suppose to sunny and clear.)
- <B>Clothes</B> (Warm and Hot weather stuff. Gets cold at night depending on time of year.)
- <B>More Clothes</B> (More clothes, never can have enough socks or underware if its rainy/muddy out on the field.)
- <A HREF=http://www.geocities.com/fhyamaia/paintball/viper_2.html><B>Reason #1 to bring extra clothes</B></A>
- <B>Camel Bak</B> ( Or whatever, having water on the field is nice.)
- <B>Boots</B> (Good Pair of waterproof hiking boots is always nice. No combat boots)
- <B>Shoes</B> (Something to wear off the field)
- <B>Tarp or some kind of awning.</B> (Good to keep sun off and gives you a nice dry place in rain. Our Team has a 20'x20' canopy that really nice.)
- <B>2 way Radios</B> (Keep in touch on the field with teammates among other things. Like how you want your steak done.Comes in handy on the trip down too, finding each other in campground/convoying on the way down.)
- <B>Shovel/Tools</B> (In case of getting stuck in mud/digging firepit)
- <B>Laser Pointer</B> (Depending on the fields. We can use them down here. (Texas) Great for pointing stuff out at night. Works well with night vison. Point out to everyone else the spot you think you see something.)
- <B>Compass</B> (There are some big fields.)
- <B>GPS Gear</B> ( Go out and walk the field the day before and waypoint all the objectives.Buildings etc. Usually marked off on the field maps.)
- <B>Spray Bottles</B> (cleaning maskes etc.)
- <B>Paper Towels</B>
- <B>Handy Wipes</B> (Potta Potties nuff said.)
- <B>Battieries</B>
- <B>Medication</B> (allergies meds, Spare Contacts/Glasses, Etc..)
- <B>Spare Car Keys</B> (In a safe place)
- <B>Misc.. </B>(stuff I forgot to add)