PDA

View Full Version : How To Fully Dissasemble

Oldautococker
08-02-2003, 06:09 PM
Ok, im new to this thread still, so dont hate me if there another like this.

I just got back from playing a game and i shot around 750 rounds. I got the gun about a week ago, and it was stripped down and cleaned right before it was sent to me. Supposedly i know that you need to fully take apart the gun and clean it after every game. Is this true?

Also, the only gun oil i have is kapp gun oil. Now, do i put the oil in the back of the gun were you adjust the velocity, or in the asa. The kapp oil is the only oil i have right now. I Heard you need some spray oil too. Wuts up with that? What do i exactly need to clean? the frame at all? the rail? what?

And finally, does anyone have any directions for taking apart the gun to clean it, and if so what do i clean the inside with, oil, paper towel? And its a lvl 7, and the video says the lvl 7 power tube is not removiabel.
Thanks guys

jimmyjobob
08-02-2003, 06:54 PM
welcome

no you dont need to completely disassemble the mag every time you play. only thing you really need to do everytime before you play is put a couple of drops into your asa (where your tank screws in) 2 or three drops. preferably take the barrel of first so that when you cycle it a few times ,you wont get oil in the barrel.

i recommend KC trouble free oil from kermode concepts. im sure there are several others that work fine, just make sure its approved for paintball. certain oils and chemicals can eat at rubber orings or make them swell.

as far as complete breakdown on the mag...do it whenever you think it needs it or there are just areas that you have gotten paint into that you cant get out. they are easy to strip down, taking less than 2 minutes so if you have the time, why not. youd be surprised how a piece of broken paint shell can create feeding problems.

breakdown:
unscrew takedown screw through back of frame and bottom of valve. slide valve out. slide off bolt, wipe it down.
to remove body from rail, remove screw in front of trig that goes through rail to body. lift body straight off.
youll see your sear with a pin going through it (moves freely)
turn rail upside down, tap it and knock out sear and pin.
very few parts overall, assemble in reverse order.

level 7 power tube tip is removable. unscrews from the tip with a nickel.