PDA

View Full Version : Problem with my Automag

tonybhall
08-02-2003, 09:29 PM
Hey Guys,

Hope someone can offer some advice to help me with a couple of problems I am having.

I got a used 68 Automag Classic with a Hyper Frame about two weeks ago.

The first problem I am having is with ball chops. I was using pretty cheap paint, Big Ball. I noticed later that it is a really tight fit in the barrel. My Barrel is a stock RT, 10 inch, I think. Does anyone know the bore size on this barrel? It seems to be really small. It is smaller than the Teardrop that I have on my Tippmann. Should I be using a small bore paint? Any suggestions on a reasonably priced paint for this barrel?

My second problem is with installing a level 10. The Air Smith at my local field tried to install one today and after playing with it for about half and hour told me that the level 10 is not compatable with the hyperframe. Any suggestions?

Thanks for your time,
Bryan

danheneise
08-02-2003, 10:28 PM
i don't see why the level 10 wouldn't work with the hyperframe both bolts latch up and shoot the same, just with diff. pressures. as for the barrel try a smaller bore if your paint isn't small enough for the barrel it will have to squeeze through the barrel and most likely break.

Beebu
08-04-2003, 08:47 AM
Big ball shoots fine through the crappy RT stock barrel, I can vouch for that. As far as the level 10 and a hyperframe...well it works fine too...go to a different "air smith", this guys obviously retarded.

JadedT
08-04-2003, 09:06 AM
LX kits are enough fun being installed on their own. Combine that with the installation of a hyperframe, anyone would have a bit of a problem. Try and have the LX kit installed with a mechanical frame first, then install the hyperframe. Either find an airsmith with Mag spare parts or bring your own spare trig frame or borrow one. Good luck with your installtion. Hyperframes are amazing.

J.

PFNitroAutomag
08-13-2003, 12:59 AM
ok the barrel has a small to mediem size bore so i would use a smaller paint. that guy that helped u was a complete idiot if it took him that long.if you are chopping paint try putting new foamies on ur valve it should help the chop.