PDA

View Full Version : Complaint

ChrisRT
08-02-2003, 11:38 PM
I am going to prerequisite this post by saying, I never thought I would say this. I purchased the level 10 bolt followed instructions, set it all up with the red spring and the 2 ring carrier. I took it to my local pro shop and got it chronoed at 295 fps, i tokk it out it shot incredible, it waslike having a whole new gun. So all week I have been telling my friends they need to get rid of their spyders and move up to a mag. This is not an easy feat when the pro shop doesn't even sell mags, but I told them about the forum and how much it helped me. So they trusted my judgement and came out to shoot my gun before they bought theirs. I did not change anything on my gun, I didn't want to jinx myself. Well wouldn't you know my gun broke, it not only brought the damned powertube tip was seared off. I had to #1 find out how to take the rest of it out and use my stock bolt. So i get it all back together thinking everything will be fine, but noooooo now my whole reg is broke. I Was pissed and embarrassed beyond belief. I thought I would share this, because I had to get it off my chest.

Tunaman
08-03-2003, 07:39 AM
The level 10 power tube tips are can be very fragile if not tightenen correctly. You MUST use a box wrench to tighten it correctly. Using a pliers, adjustable wrench, vice grips or similar tool will (can) result in a distorted/cracked/bent powertube tip. Do not overtighten. If you need this marker repaired, just send it here and i will take care of it. I would also suggest starting with the short spring and working(fine tuning) from there.;)

athomas
08-03-2003, 04:09 PM
Even if you broke the powertube tip, the reg will still be ok. You just need a new tip.

What is happening to make you think the reg is broke?

JadedT
08-03-2003, 07:51 PM
Listen to Tunaman, he is a good man and a known and trusted member of this communitee. I have personally bought mag parts off him and he came through for me. Almost everyone else can vouch for him AND for AGD products. I personally have had 6 AutoMags at one point or other. Just learn to maintain them and they WILL last a lifetime. You just need the correct tools and the patience to learn. Hopefully, things will get back on track for you and you can prove yourself to your friends again. :D

J.

Meph
08-04-2003, 12:16 AM
By your "reg breaking" Do you mean it started to vent out the back? Or did it just not gas up?

If it vented out the back, then you just had the pressure too high and needed to turn the reg adjustor out a little bit. It's a safety device.

Not sure what else you could've meant by it's broke?

Sputnik
08-04-2003, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by Meph
By your "reg breaking" Do you mean it started to vent out the back? Or did it just not gas up?

If it vented out the back, then you just had the pressure too high and needed to turn the reg adjustor out a little bit. It's a safety device.

Not sure what else you could've meant by it's broke?

And this would make sense since you had to crank the pressure up to get the LevelX working properly.

ChrisRT
08-07-2003, 02:41 AM
bump