PDA

View Full Version : This will NOT work without.....

Darkstorm
08-03-2003, 10:08 AM
Look, this forum has been tried before and got folded into the AO meet and Greet forum and that is sort of working there.

Trust me...I gave it a go and reposted a lot of information from other scenario sites but most people did not get interested because there were not enough updates and not enough scenario players.

BOTTOMLINE....to make this work we need REGULAR visitors to this forum that are scenario players. I would say there needs to be at least 20 that post once a week. Otherwise there is not enough changing to make this worth monitoring.

But, then I would say still fold it into Meet and Greet.

If Viper, MXS and other would use this as their main forum, then that would be different, but I don't see it happening.

Pyrate Jim
08-03-2003, 12:04 PM
As you will.
But I'd like to point out that while I've been registered on this board for over a year, I would rarely post. I've put up more in this forum in three days than I've done the last fifteen months.
I'm an avid role-player and moderate a scenario forum on another board. Costumes are fun for me, in contests this year I took first at the Twin Towers game, second last year at the Ring of Fellowship - both MXS games at EMR.

But I understand that it's a very small percentage of us who do this nearly exclusively. If there's insufficient interest, it wouldn't surprise me.

rikkter
08-03-2003, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by Pyrate Jim
As you will.
But I'd like to point out that while I've been registered on this board for over a year, I would rarely post. I've put up more in this forum in three days than I've done the last fifteen months.
I'm an avid role-player and moderate a scenario forum on another board. Costumes are fun for me, in contests this year I took first at the Twin Towers game, second last year at the Ring of Fellowship - both MXS games at EMR.

But I understand that it's a very small percentage of us who do this nearly exclusively. If there's insufficient interest, it wouldn't surprise me.

hey i was at that game!
i think i missed the costum contest tho.

Pyrate Jim
08-04-2003, 04:58 PM
Almost missed it myself....
It was held Friday evening, after the topgun competition.
Last year I was dressed as Tom Bombadil and won a Voodoo folding stock for second place.
This year I was Treebeard and if Shelob the spider had been there in time, I wouldn't have won first place.
The TreeBeard costume was actually almost nine feet tall with the stilts and headpiece. The Mask/Headpiece stayed behind, ostensibly to be placed in the Paintball Museum.

rikkter
08-04-2003, 05:10 PM
ah yes, i've seen pictures of that, great job on that!
that spider was cool too, lot of work in those things eh?

Meph
08-05-2003, 12:03 PM
Well when it's here for an entire WEEK and then cut out... of course it won't work. You have to actually leave this forum here for a longer period of time for people to find out it even exists!

Pyrate Jim
08-05-2003, 05:11 PM
Meph!
Didn't realise a TippyMan would be on this board-but glad to hear from ya.

I think this forum is actually doing well. It may not be the equal of some of the forums on this particular board, but better than the scenario forums on some other boards.

D'joo sell that Splat yet? or can I still have a shot at it?

Cilio - Knightmare Tango
08-06-2003, 12:01 AM
Good to see AGD with a scenario section. Would love to see more Mag players out on the field. Scenario/big game ball can be intense and competative, just depends on how you choose to play. Believe me, there's a lot of shooting to get involved in. All you Mag users should give it a try. I've been coming to the AutoMag Forum forum for a while now to find info on my Mags, Micro's and the ULE I just built. Just recently registered and put my first post in this fantastic, new section.

rikkter
08-06-2003, 03:13 AM
hey cilio - what do you look like? i remember i spoke with one of you guys while getting my tank filled.

from what i take it, he was the 'captain' of the team, but i wasn't sure.

if you can remember, my teammate is the one where you both looked at each other with the nightvision, then he shot the rock that was directly in front of your face, his name is bobby, and has that girl ALex that plays as well?

this was at the twin towers game at EMR

Cilio - Knightmare Tango
08-06-2003, 10:22 AM
Hello Rikkter.

That was probably me. I'm 5' 6" with a high and tight hair cut. If I had ducked a half second later Bob would have hit me :-) One of his shots hit the rock and I believe the other went just over it. I had a NV scope that is magnified and doesn't work in tight woods and at that close range, I just saw/heard something and ducked. My teammate moving in on his left had the functional NV. Bobby and Alex are great people, we see them every once and a while at games. Please tell them I said hello.

rikkter
08-06-2003, 11:45 AM
will do, Bobby would most likely ask for your email to keep in touch, so i'll just PM you his and that'll take care of that. they are great people, they both are practically like family to me.
i wasn't there when you guys got in that little fight at night, some how we got broken up and i was attacking your base with 3 other people without Bobby and Alex.
he loves playing with or agaist you guys, he says it always makes the stakes higher, i guess cause you guys always hand them their *** out there lol.
fun fun game, hope to play with you guys soon again