PDA

View Full Version : Micromag problem

snoogans
08-03-2003, 11:56 PM
I just bought a used micromag from a shop and I took it home and my freak back screws like halfway in then stops...I'm pretty sure its the micro's threads but i'm not sure. Do any of you guys have the same problem? I'm supposed to bring it back into the shop for them to check it out but i don't know if its my freak back, it screws in perfectly for other guns so if you know what's happening please let me know, thanx.:confused:

eisenhans
08-04-2003, 07:10 PM
Hiya,

When I bought an aftermarket barrel for my '96 vintage MM I found to have the same problem. This was cured by bringing the thread of the MM to spec after we found that it was overly tight, probably a consequence of the annodization.

We used the appropriate tap for the thread which is probably not very easily come by, but I am not sure what else you could use, given that the annodizing is really hard and very thick - which very well might be the reason for the problem in the first place.

Regards,

eisenhans

newby doo
09-08-2003, 07:56 PM
If you are still haveing troubles with the Micro Mag barrels, I have heard the some of the older ones have a tight tread. If you contact Pro team Products thy will retape it for you to a slighty larger opening to fit all cocker barrels.

Bryan

snoogans
09-08-2003, 08:37 PM
HOLY CRAP YOU RESSURRECTED THIS THREAD! lol. i shipped in my micro like 2 days after i made this thread:D