PDA

View Full Version : rt valve question?

unrealsm
08-04-2003, 01:48 AM
I am kind of new to the whole line of mags so bear with me. I know what the level 10 upgrade is and I also know what the rt valve does but I have a couple of questions and I hope you guys can help. I just picked up a mini mag with a dye double trigger frame, dye sticky grips, dye ultra light barrel, custom shark rail, and it also has the level 10 upgrade for $160. My first question was did I get a good deal? And the second question is where can I get the rt valve? I have looked at the agd website and they sell the parts for the valve, can I just buy the parts and put them into my existing valve? Or do I have to buy a whole new valve body with the internals? What are my options?

Nick O time
08-04-2003, 02:04 AM
I am pretty sure you got a good deal, but I don't think AGD makes RT valves anymore. I think they only make X Valves now, but I am not 100 percent positive.
Welcome to AO.

Miscue
08-04-2003, 02:15 AM
XValve is the replacement for RT Valve. Same thing, but aluminum. You can trade in your air valve and get xvalve for reduced price through airgun store.

TheTramp
08-04-2003, 11:15 AM
YOu could also look at AO's classified section. A lot of people are selling their RT valves pretty cheap. You'll want an RT, RT-Pro, or E-Mag valve. They are all the exact same valve just with a different On/off pin length.

Still, your best bet is to sell your L10 kit sepratly, then trade your valve in to AGD (plus some cash) for an X Valve which will come with the L10 already instaled.

SocialD
08-04-2003, 01:49 PM
Be careful. You don't want a classic RT valve. You either want a Retro valve or an X valve. I'm pretty sure that a Rvalve will work also, but you need to get a different on/off pin. The classic RT valve uses a banjo bolt instead of the regular field strip screw that the rest of the valves use and in NOT compatable with the mini-mag body. One of the other valves should work fine, just make sure that you get the right length on/off pin.

And yes! It sounds like you made a good deal!

Good luck with your new mag.

mykroft
08-04-2003, 02:01 PM
To Be exact: You'll want one of: RT Pro, E-Mag, ReTro or X-Valves. RT Valves will not work, as they are a different size and also have a different air routing. Also if you get an RT Pro Valve, you may need a ReTro on/off pin and if it's an E-Mag Valve you may need the entire ReTro On/Off Assembly.

unrealsm
08-05-2003, 11:38 PM
Thanks for all the help and the warm welcome guys!! Im sure this wont be the only question that I will have, lol. Thanks again!