PDA

View Full Version : We kinda almost won! well not really

heftylefty
08-04-2003, 03:09 AM
today we played our first tourney at STP paintball in Snohomish, Washington. god was it fun and your adrenaline gets pumping. i didnt realize that we were gonna do so good, but we did.

there was a little mistake that someone made ans out team name turned out to be "Kory Porter"(our friend that broke his colar bone and had to withdraw) instead of "Blockade Jr."(and no blazestorm it wasnt my fault!) the refs were quite humored and confused when they had to call our names to let us know that we were up or on deck. one ref said that he would perfer our name over "Road Squadren Flight 2."

the first game we got totally whipped my the best team in the league. i would have done much better but i got called out for some bs thing. i guess i shot before i passed the plane on the deadbox:confused: the refs didnt explain that very well to us.

after that our games were off and on. we beat the teams that we thought we would have no chance of beating and we lost to the team that we should have beat. we actually maxed this one team that didnt lose all day.

then it all came down to the last game. if we lose, then we dont have a chance to get into the semis. if we max, then we have a good chance. fyi, this game was played against some really good chicks with tricked vikings. Off the break i went to the center 30(my fav. position), my friend went to the back right, and my other friend went to the back left. i didnt peg anyone off the break but the chick in the center 30 had her hopper sticking out, so i shot her hopper and got her out. then after that, my friend in the back left got called for a tiny hit on his glove. so now its only me and my friend in the back right. i stayed posted on the chick in the center fifty as my friend moved up to the center fifty to bunker her. once she was gone, we went up the field to shoot the last remaining chick in hte back right. my friend shot her once, but he didnt see it break so he kept on shooting. evidently it did break and the ref almost called him for bonus balling, but thank god he didnt since it was a hard hit to see.

so in the prelims, we got 8th place overall and was hoping that our scores were good enough to make semis. we checked the scoreboard when they posted all the scores we made the semis by 2 points! were so happy as we got ready got our next game.

we totally blew it in the semis. lost to the first two teams that we should have beat, but kept on making mistakes after mistakes. my other teammates could do communicate and thats probably what costed up those two games. well we didnt care what happened to our last semi final game so were like"screw it" and didnt are what would happed since we knew that we didnt make finals. so we just went out there and played pretty well and almost maxed but one of out teammates got out.

overall we tied for 5th place. thats pretty good for our first tourney ever. i didnt think we even had a chance to get into semis when i first got there, but we did and im happy. i had a great time and i hope to play much more later on in the year.

o ya, i only saw one other mag besides blazestorm's ule emag and retroeclipse's mag. the rest were timmys, vikings, and cockers.

bunkermaster10
08-04-2003, 09:29 AM
Sounds like ya had a blast, good job!

painball
08-04-2003, 09:45 AM
thats great! my first 2 tourneys so far we've goten beat every game. but then again we were playin in rookie/novice and amature against all the best teams in kansas

RetroEclipseMan
08-04-2003, 01:14 PM
Good job guys. Placing 5th in your first tourny as a team is pretty good. Too bad you guys got some bogous calls but that's tourny ball for ya. I still can't believe that you guys maxed Ramiel's team cause they're really good(I know cause half the team plays on my team:D ). Now you guys just need to head down to paradise to play some ball with us one day.

Xyxyll
08-04-2003, 02:46 PM
Yeah, my 3-man is playing in its first tourny this weekend. It's a tiny indoor field, and we are lucky enough to be in the youth division (17 and under). My teammates don't think there'll be much competition, but I think there could probably be some good teams our age (hopefully). They'll get their acts together when we first walk on the field, get into our huddle, and scream and yell until the place echos. :D

tony3
08-04-2003, 02:51 PM
my first tourney we got 15th out of 18 team:( , I hope my next one we wont suck so much

elpimpo
08-04-2003, 03:36 PM
i dont wanna sound like a total d!ck here but the two calls that you said were bogus sounded like good reffing to me. the call for not getting out of the dead box before you shot is so people dont sit back there and use that as a bunker to shoot out of they should have covered that in the captains meeting. and then u said he got called out on a little hit but if the ref sees it hit you and break at all thats a legit call. but good job how many teams total were there

heftylefty
08-04-2003, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by elpimpo
i dont wanna sound like a total d!ck here but the two calls that you said were bogus sounded like good reffing to me. the call for not getting out of the dead box before you shot is so people dont sit back there and use that as a bunker to shoot out of they should have covered that in the captains meeting. and then u said he got called out on a little hit but if the ref sees it hit you and break at all thats a legit call. but good job how many teams total were there

the weird thing is that i was totally out of hte dead box, none of my body parts were in it or close to it. and they didnt cover it in the captains meeting. after the first 2 games of doing that, they decided that we should do a blind start in front of the dead box.

and that other time, i felt hits but when i checked my self in the deadbox, i didnt see a single hit. and the ref that pulled me said i was shot under the arm. i checked under my arm and i didnt see a spot of paint. o well, reffing is a hard job and they did very good overall.

im not positive but there were about 36 beginner teams in our devision.

elpimpo
08-04-2003, 04:52 PM
well then thats totaly bogus on the dead box call but i didnt know that. but 5th out 30 some odd teams is hella good

heftylefty
08-04-2003, 04:53 PM
ya we were definetely surprised.

RetroEclipseMan
08-04-2003, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by elpimpo
i dont wanna sound like a total d!ck here but the two calls that you said were bogus sounded like good reffing to me.

Yeah, if you knew how bad the reffing at STP was during all the tournies held there you'd realize that they're a lot of bad calls that are made. It's especially bad when the refs are good friends of a team they're reffing. I've heard stories of those refs wiping blatent hits off a player just cause they were friends.

heftylefty
08-04-2003, 07:12 PM
the refs definetely had their favorite teams that tehy rooted for. **cough**Wicked sick**cough**Wicked chicks**cough**