PDA

View Full Version : AGD Pride Takes 7th at The Matrix Open 3-Man in Modesto, CA (pics!)

Scooter/Cootie
08-04-2003, 03:12 PM
My wife and I were out in San Fransicso this weekend visiting our teammate Dan and there just happened to be a 3-man tournament that was being held that weekend at The Paintball Zone (http://www.thepaintballzone.com/) in Modesto. Feeling the twitch in my trigger finger, we decided to enter and have some fun. :D

We went undefeated in the prelims, winning all four of our games and headed into the semi's ranked first. Once there we lost our first three games but maxed the last one, getting us into 7th place out of 20 teams. We ended up missing the finals cut by 58 points (just one win!). We walked away with 3 JT Flex 7 masks as prizes, not too bad for 3 folks who just decided to go out and play on a whim.

The X-mag's got a lot of attention at the event, especially my warp setup. It seemed that we were constantly handing the guns around to other folks, letting them feel the X-Mag sweetness. :cool:

I want to thank Dan and his girlfriend Erin for a wonderful weekend, we definately had a blast. Erin did a great job taking pics of the event, I've posted some below.

Representin' AGD and the X-Mag in California, yea baby! :D

Here's a pic of us after the event.

Scooter/Cootie
08-04-2003, 03:13 PM
Here's a pic of Dan hanging the flag.

Scooter/Cootie
08-04-2003, 03:13 PM
A pic of Dan and me.

Scooter/Cootie
08-04-2003, 03:14 PM
Dan Shooting

Scooter/Cootie
08-04-2003, 03:16 PM
Me shooting

Scooter/Cootie
08-04-2003, 03:18 PM
Dan Laying

Scooter/Cootie
08-04-2003, 03:19 PM
Michelle trying to stay cool. Boy it was hot!

Scooter/Cootie
08-04-2003, 03:20 PM
Another of Dan shooting

Scooter/Cootie
08-04-2003, 03:21 PM
Here is a pic of us walking back to the staging area.

Scooter/Cootie
08-04-2003, 03:22 PM
Another pic of me shooting

Scooter/Cootie
08-04-2003, 03:23 PM
Last one, a pic of me walking onto the field

gibby
08-04-2003, 03:27 PM
Sweet! Congrats and thanks for sharing the pics! I hope you had a good time out in California. There's some small talk of NorCal vs. SoCal. If someone is bold enough to set this up, it'd be cool to have some of the Pride players come and play. :)

Looks like the Xmag was being passed around..both in NorCal and in SoCal this weekend!

Clare
08-04-2003, 03:27 PM
Congrats! :D

Where's the Chelle action shots!

KornKamp02
08-04-2003, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by CaPoEiRa
Congrats! :D

Where's the Chelle action shots! Yeah I want to see Michelle kick some ***!

Army
08-04-2003, 04:20 PM
AAARRGH! Ya shoulda dropped me a line, I could have easily zipped up to Modesto and joined in with you guys!

Next time:)

SkeL
08-04-2003, 06:18 PM
I think your other teammates were having an interesting practice at badlandz on sunday. Could have been the lions, I'm not too sure about the team names. Ask them about it :)

08-04-2003, 07:03 PM
$75 mask for 7th is an awesome prize.

oneshot
08-04-2003, 07:42 PM
skel who were you? It was interesting, I was standing right there when it happened.

it was a mixture of pride, lions, and kids.

skirts
08-04-2003, 08:49 PM
hey all...

yeah it was a great event... the weather was crazy hot... (something like 105 degrees) and after prelims was when the heat started kicking in.

there were some really good teams in this event...

twisted factory
ICP (twisted factory's other team w/ "chim chim")
mommas boys
adrenalin
bad karma

those are just a few of the teams that were there.

quotes of the day:

"are you guys rippin those x-mags?.. those things rock"
"that warp is awsome with no hopper on top of the gun"
"i used to play with a mag... ill have to get that back out"

it was great kickin back and playin some ball
michelle was watching the far side of the field, scooter was watching the near side and that gave me some room to... as scooter said "work your magic" in the front of the field.

scooter... post a few more pics of us just chillin.

peace out from nor-cal

SkeL
08-05-2003, 03:48 AM
Originally posted by oneshot
skel who were you? It was interesting, I was standing right there when it happened.

it was a mixture of pride, lions, and kids.
I'm confused as to what happened because I only caught one of the maxim players saying " I'll put a barrel to all your "bleeping" heads, I'll take all you "bleepots" on, Meet me outside the property," Something like that. I was the person with the blue speed that left early on the hyperball field. I was out of it at the end of the day. Were you the tall one?

LittlePaintballBoy
08-05-2003, 09:51 AM
NNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! !! you guys were in modesto!?:eek: why didnt you tell me?! i would have ridden my bike for 17 miles if i knew you were that close! so, anyways, what field in modesto? i only know of extreme and i didnt see anything about a tourney there.GAH!oh well, at least now the mags are getting some serious representation. the refs at extreme are always so interested when i tell them about LX and retro effect.:D

drboo
08-05-2003, 11:29 AM
Great work guys!

Way to go Chelle!

Dan "working his magic" up in front is a great thing to see....but can be nerve wracking!

skirts
08-05-2003, 02:08 PM
lilpaintballboy-
we were at "the paintball zone" just 15 minutes east of extreme.

colin, give me a call in the next couple days.

there was a "bunker" competition where whoever had the most bunkers in the day got a prize... i think it fizzled out half way through the day but i do know one thing...

i bunkered the first guy of the tournament!!!

peace

Chupas2
08-05-2003, 03:29 PM
Scott how come it says AGD Pride takes 7th. You're the only one on the team that played. :D :p :D JK Dan. Good job, but Dan you need to get rid of that hopper.

Scooter/Cootie
08-05-2003, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by Chupas2
Scott how come it says AGD Pride takes 7th. You're the only one on the team that played. :D :p :D JK Dan. Good job, but Dan you need to get rid of that hopper.

Ha! :p

We all played really well together. It was a blast!