PDA

View Full Version : Its that time of year again! NEW GUN TIME! Help me decide!

Automaggin2
08-04-2003, 03:25 PM
Eblade the cocker!
Bushmaster2003 with PDS
Evil Omen
Impulse
Nasty/Rat Impy
Matrix
New Shocker
ULE all black Tunamag

OK, Christmas and my birthday are fast approaching. And I'm getting a new gun. But i need to decide early because the rents usually get my xmas presents early (like september/october)

I'm throwing up my own saved money, birthday money, and money from my gramps for xmas/birthday.

I'd have like 1200 total to spend on a gun, but I really dont want to spend more then 750. But if I sell my cocker, i will spend up for 1100 (if i have that much to spend, then Id prolly get a ULE emag or free flow trix)

I am really diggin the Evil Omen, it is crazy accurate and crazy fast, a little loud. But its ugly as all hell, and I'm not to fond of the trigger frame.

I like mags, but....I have had bad luck with them.

One of my most favorite guns and I think is the best value is the Bushy, crazy fast, accurate, and light. But its a little tall for me, same with the impulse.

SOOOOOOOOOOOO.......hmmmmmmmmmmm

tony3
08-04-2003, 03:39 PM
just get a halo b and and eblade for your cocker, and yea, a new bolt, those bolts tend to fly out with eblades

Automaggin2
08-04-2003, 03:43 PM
Not anymore :) Bolt flew out at NJ AO day, called ANS today, they are giving me a new improved bolt. But i might get there new 2 piece dlerin bolt. I might send my gun to them and they install it for me, time my gun, and give me a new back block.

EsPo
08-04-2003, 04:05 PM
there'll be aftermarket 'eyes' for Matricies quite soon...

buy a matrix.. upgrade it..

then get some eyes and/or a halo b.... you might be fine with just a halo b.

GatoLoco
08-04-2003, 04:07 PM
If you like the feel of your cocker but want more speed, eblade it. If you dont like the feel/like the feel of another marker more, then do that.

Nick O time
08-04-2003, 04:18 PM
Get the Shocktech Bushy or the Venom Bushy if you do decide to get a Bushy.:D

magman007
08-04-2003, 04:27 PM
OK, dont get the trauma, it isnt really worth it, because they probabally will not be able to install the eye that all the other trixes are getting, because of the milling in the dead air chamber on the left hand side.

If i were you, i would save your money, and get a toxic trix, with the eyes, or an ironman. IMHO thwe toxic is the best lookin trix out there, and it comes with most things you could want or need. You can throw the FF bolt kit in there if you want for efficiency, and then you are set.

Personally, im wanting a gun metal grey trix, then im going to get some cool tribal black decals made for it

Ov3rmind
08-04-2003, 04:30 PM
Out of your choices, the Matrix will be the best IMO. I'd spring for an LCD and slap in a Freeflow Bolt Kit.

No sKiLLz
08-04-2003, 04:48 PM
Geez. One day people are going to realize how unbeatable these are...

www.nyxtremematrix.com (http://www.nyxtremematrix.com)
http://homepage.mac.com/alle/
not sure if $1,300 is out of your price range, though.

The Ironmen one sounds nice. Only other trix right now with eye. Carries a $1,400 price tag though. Not sure what ROF is.

$850 will get you the TMC...
http://www.thematrixcenter.com/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=24&idproduct=130

Automaggin2
08-04-2003, 04:54 PM
Yea i should order mine before DYE starts stamping there name into it and the price jumps 200 dollars.

Mega Man
08-04-2003, 04:57 PM
Well on your list I would say either a Nasty, or the new Shocker, or a Tunamag, maybe the a Trix I dunno. But IMO if you really like Cockers and maybe don't want to go I would suggest an EvoX Cocker I've had a great experiance with my EvoX, Nasty and a nicely built Mag (not Tuna quality but oh well;) ) and I really loved all 3 of them but what it came down to was that I'm gonna be getting a car soon and I really didnt play as much as I used to so I just kept the ol' Mag and cashed in on the other 2. But if money isn't tying you down I'd recomned one of those.

Ryknow
08-04-2003, 05:04 PM
Get a Viking.. you want crazy fast there ya go. Any intimidator is nice also.. very very fast. None of those guns really appeal to me.. soooooo

kosmo
08-04-2003, 09:54 PM
How could you not be considering a Viking? Unless you just plain dont like how they look, they kick the crap out of any other electro in their price range. Gotta jump up to a 1300 dollar matrix to come close in performance.

Automaggin2
08-04-2003, 11:54 PM
Yea, i'll look into a viking. A bit heavy. I shot an excal at NJAO, loved it, but again, little bit heavy

rehme
08-05-2003, 12:29 AM
get the bushy and spend a little in vapor parts and it will fly!

my bushy runs on 180psi and my lpr is 70psi dont break paint. has preatty good efficentcy it gets about 1100 shots out of a 68/30. yeah they are a little tall but that is basically the only downfall on them.

Trauma
08-05-2003, 01:00 AM
get the b2k3 w/ pds, its a great gun. I use a bushy and its great, no problems

Ov3rmind
08-05-2003, 01:34 AM
By TunaMag, you mean Tuna E-Mag, right? Because a normal mechanical TunaMag just isn't really a competitor for the rest of those guns. It doesn't matter anyway, half the people who voted for it just voted because they saw the word Mag.

wobbles82
08-05-2003, 02:43 AM
Tunamag, or Trixxy from the list. Both are very nice markers, the Tunamag will be incredibly light, and the trixxy wont be bad. But most do have a point, the mech Tunamag wont be able to stream paintballs quite as fast as those electros. The Trixxys are just churning out better and better though man, it easily beats the rest on the list. Something not on the list though....Dark Viking baby!.:D If I wasnt allowed to use my ULE RTPX (who knows?) I would be packing a Dark Viking. They are insane on air, have very little kick, and dont weigh much. But indeed they are ugly most of the time. :rolleyes: And as for the Shocker 03, shoot it...a lot and see how ya like it. The efficiency is still the ugliest part of the marker.

SyntaxError
08-05-2003, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by EsPo
there'll be aftermarket 'eyes' for Matricies quite soon...

There already are, Tez at Demonic Products makes them

Thordic
08-05-2003, 12:26 PM
I built this one myself, but you get the idea. My vote is for the mag. Before I got all these parts, I was ready to set my minimag aside and upgrade my timmy. Now I'm selling the timmy and keeping this as my main marker.

http://www.thordic.com/images/gunsmall.jpg

08-05-2003, 03:01 PM
How about an intimidator.:p

Timmee
08-05-2003, 03:30 PM
I'd have to go with (on that list) the Bushy (it's what I have experience with). I do think I'm going to be picking up a 'Trix, though. I'd have recommended the 'Mag, but I agree that a mechanical 'Mag probably wouldn't be as fast as the others. If you meant the Tuna-E-Mag, I don't have any experience with them (although I should, soon).

1stdeadeye
08-05-2003, 03:43 PM
The TunaMag with the X-Valve we say Saturday was awesome. It is the one you should get.

Besides the X-valve will never fly out and hit you in the face!;)

Automaggin2
08-05-2003, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by 1stdeadeye

Besides the X-valve will never fly out and hit you in the face!;)

I have no idea what your talking about! :p

I called ANS, they are giving me a free bolt thats supposed to be improved

1stdeadeye
08-05-2003, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by Automaggin2

I called ANS, they are giving me a free bolt thats supposed to be improved

Sure it is. When this one shoots out the back of you cocker, instead of bouncing off, it will penatrate you goggles this time!!!;) :p

speedyejl
08-05-2003, 07:24 PM
Go all out, Xmag

paint magnet
08-05-2003, 07:35 PM
Well, most of these aren't on your list, but after owning quite a few markers I would say:

If you're going to keep the cocker, don't make it electronic. First of all a cocker was intended to be a pump gun, its asking enough of it to work as a semi :)

For a Bushmaster, the stock 2k3 with PDS is a good value for the price, but I would go ahead and get either the Shocktech, Sonic or Vaporworks.

Impulses are nice, but are they worth the extra cash over the Bushmasters? I don't know, that's up to you. But the Nasties and the Toxics are certainly very sweet, especially if you put a I-frame on them.

Matrices- not my thing

Intimidator- not on your list but from what I've seen and heard they are great guns. In the same category as the Bushmasters and Impulses (Open bolt, stacked tube electro) but a little larger. Very easy on paint, accurate, and just as fast as everything else out there.

Angel Speed- Also not on your list, but it comes with the 90 degree space frame (comfy), all the bragging rights of the Angel and is now better than ever, thanks to lower operating pressures, increased effeciency, and reduced price. Also if you buy one from TAG, you get a lifetime warranty. And there is virtually no maintenance. Not to mention the fact that there is little chance of contaminants entering the gun since there are no external moving parts (like a mag) but unlike other guns (trix, mag, etc) that don't have external moving parts, you can actually take the bolt out quickly and easily. Don't forget the Sensi anti chop and the 3 point trigger.

Mags- Great guns. It just depends on what you want. They don't function at nearly as low a pressure as the other markers mentioned, but that doesn't really matter. With LX, they aren't quite as effecient either, but their smaller size and light weight allows you to have a larger tank without significantly increasing your profile. With LX you won't have any chopping problems either. And again, virtually no maintenance and it will never let you down on the field. I would reccomend a ULE body, standard rail, vert adapter with gasthru foregrip, Y grip, ULT and X valve. Then you will have a mech marker that gives you most of the advantages of an electro in an ultra compact and lightweight package that won't break your wallet.

So overall, I would choose the mag or Angel Speed. Good luck with whatever you get :)

CpSuPeRkId
08-05-2003, 08:03 PM
i would definitely look into a viking. fastest gun out there hands down now w/ was boards(even fastest of all the was boarded guns). just think of the fastest gun youve ever seen/had and imagine like almost twice the speed and there you go. you just have to shoot one to understand. with the debounce on 1... well its literally a 30bps machine gun, lol. its insane. do u like efficiency???? because they get 2000 or more shots on a 68/4500. how about a super nice and reliable ACE???? well you get a 2 sided break beam ACE just like timmys and pds bushys have. IMO 2 sided break beam ACE is the best anti chop system ever made. hate working on your guns????? well aka guns are probably the most reliable guns out there. im gonna have to say they even give AGD a run for their money in the quality/reliability field. you dont have to do one single thing to these guns. as for maintenance, as long as you can put a couple drops of lube in the macro fitting before every day of play then you are good. they require no other maintenance. they are simply tanks, they never mess up, break, or even have a problem. these guns rule, plain and simple. its just a matter of time til they are the next big thing.

Automaggin2
08-05-2003, 08:17 PM
Right now, the Viking is top of my list. I was lookin at a half-milled dark viking, or maybe a JMJ viking

DeathscytheSK
08-05-2003, 10:30 PM
if you wanna get a bushy but go all out on it, defiently get a Venom Bushmaster, its all decked out and rips, I can also say that it smokes a shocktech bushmaster http://templates.earthstores.com/template1/list.asp?id=7A656E697472616D6D6667&cat=194838

the only thing I would do is ditch the rise and get a vapor norise from paintballtrader.com if u use a halo

swat150
08-05-2003, 10:35 PM
I would agree with cpsuperkid, my dark viking simply rocks and I like it alot more than the trauma trix I had, and all of the other guns ive shot. Its even cheaper but still better. Go for a viking!

minimag187
08-05-2003, 10:36 PM
Ahh cousin was logged in.

WarBUCKs
08-06-2003, 12:25 PM
Well, I said get a Matrix. I don't mean a regular bottom of the line, but look into the New York Xtreme Matrix or the new Ironman Matrix. I have been looking at the Ironman Matrix myself and that is one hell of a setup they put together.

No sKiLLz
08-06-2003, 05:38 PM
Too much Viking hype, Rob. Hands down the fastest? :rolleyes: I've gone through this one before.

Rather than getting flamed again for standing behind the NYX or Ironmen, I encourage everyone out there who is considering a Matrix to go with a Viking. Makes my life easier on the playing field.

Automaggin2
08-06-2003, 06:10 PM
I love the ironmen, but its gotta be extremly expensive. Anyone sell them yet?

If AGD puts ULEs on the Emags before Xmas, ill look at that

Bigzamboni
08-06-2003, 08:07 PM
I see you loved my Excalibur. ;)

Stock frame is a bit lighter than the PBX frame I had on there I think, but not by much. Remove that warp mounting bracket take off a bit. I wouldn't be getting rid of my geddon, which is heavier than a preset..

Oh wait.. This isn't an ad. :D

There are a few different milled versions to look into. Immortal, featherlite, PBX(which isn't made anymore to my knowledge)the half/full milled. Bonebreak is rumored to be coming out with something. However, the Immortal, featherlite, and the one other one JMJ makes havw a hefty pricetag for the milling and ano, although it isn't stopping me from dreaming of getting one.:p

X-mag, or a ULE mag of one type or another would be one of the two I'd go for.

As far as the Omen, I have heard some stuff about quality and problems from an acquaintance who is a regular at a store that deals/dealt with Evil. Haven't asked about them in a while, so that could have changed, I can try to get some info from him.

Sometimes I feel as though I am typing incoherently, so I am stopping this for now, and may edit later :)

January birthday, and starting a wishlist. I guess I should get started, as I only have until October. :D :p