PDA

View Full Version : 3.0 software bps?

wallace9111
08-04-2003, 04:42 PM
what is the 3.0 software (bps) going to be at? I already searched and found 18bps walking but what is the highest you can go? If anyone knows I would really appreciate some help! Thanx

WarBUCKs
08-04-2003, 05:25 PM
I thought I read somewhere (don't remember where) that it would be at 24 with Eye on in semi mode. This was because the fastest loader was the Halo. I could be wrong though.

magman007
08-04-2003, 05:27 PM
20 bps, its all the e-mag can saftely handle, because of solenoid limitations, sure you can do the Emagnum/morelock mod, and lower dwell settings, but this can cause solenoid melting and other not nice things to happen

BajaBoy
08-04-2003, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by magman007
20 bps, its all the e-mag can saftely handle, because of solenoid limitations, sure you can do the Emagnum/morelock mod, and lower dwell settings, but this can cause solenoid melting and other not nice things to happen

werent some of the SFL's at 24cps?

Dayspring
08-04-2003, 07:26 PM
The Emag/Xmag and what not top out at 20-22bps b/c of the level 10. That's why the current software is set at 20bps with the ACE on or off.

Yes, they were set at 24bps, but how many people can actually pull that and how many feed systems actually can FEED that.

Kid_A
08-04-2003, 10:28 PM
The Emag/Xmag and what not top out at 20-22bps b/c of the level 10.

The LX does not top out at those rates....

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=81197&highlight=cps+full+auto

I really don't know why the boards are capped at those speeds and I don't remember Tom ever giving us a straight answer (I may be wrong though.) Tom, want to let us in on your secret?

Dayspring
08-04-2003, 10:34 PM
Actually it does. What you see is CYCLES per second. That's VERY different than BALLS per second.

Secondly, Tom said it himself to me at the Megameet.

1shot
08-05-2003, 12:24 AM
Hey guys, here's my inference...

remember you can pull the trigger like 32xper second, but the gun will still only cycle like 22-24, even on like the Timmies. That is why a Timmy will keep shooting after you let go.

I thought I remember Tom saying something funny at the tech class at IAO like, "So AO, how many BPS do you want?"

Did I just imagine he said that...cuz it was funny even when I thought of it later.

Nick
1Shot

Jerhew
08-05-2003, 12:52 AM
ya i read on one of his updates something about a queue in the programming to remember trigger pulls that normally would be a missed shot
something like that...
but then again...maybe it's 20bps even with that feature... for the eye?
sounded like Jim Drew's new warp boards will be able to handle 24+ bps...
i don't even have an e/x-mag
but it'd be cool to see one fire 24bps...

Boothhead
08-05-2003, 02:45 AM
I was walking my emag(1.37 software) with my newly tuned trigger. The tigger was set up so well for my walking style that I burned out the board. I have to send the gun away to agd tomo to get the board replaced.