PDA

View Full Version : ULE Trigger Kits in the Store!!

AGD
08-04-2003, 05:24 PM
Get'em while we got'em!!

AGD

Lightest Mechanical Trigger (http://store.airgun.com/acb/showdetl.cfm?&DID=17&Product_ID=417&CATID=5)

Koosh
08-04-2003, 05:29 PM
A couple things to watch out for. This only works on valves with two orings down in the bottom of the on/off hole. This means Classics, original RT's and newer RTpros

That kind of threw me off... Classics being classic valves? I thought they weren't going to be reccomended for them? If they are, I'm ordering one NOW!

Either way, good news for all you retro owners!

tony3
08-04-2003, 05:45 PM
No, he meant they wont work with classics, RTS, and newer rt pros. Anyone know someoone who will drill my valve to accept it?

Kevmaster
08-04-2003, 05:47 PM
no, it WILL FIT on classics, newer RT Pros and RTs

davidnj
08-04-2003, 05:53 PM
:o woot got my order in.

Lookin forward to this. Hopefully it arrives by Sunday when Im playing next.

Evil Bob
08-04-2003, 05:57 PM
Ordered. I got a classic RT this kit is going into.

-Evil Bob

-=Squid=-
08-04-2003, 05:59 PM
I should order it even though I dont have a mag. I feel compelled to do so. Gargle.

tony3
08-04-2003, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by Kevmaster
no, it WILL FIT on classics, newer RT Pros and RTs

wait, Im extremely confused, did Tom say this at the Tech thing, because my rt doesnt have 2 orings, but it will still work?

Koosh
08-04-2003, 06:07 PM
For RETRO VALVE users...

If you have TWO o-rings in the On/Off valve, this WILL work for you...

I'm trying to get a straight answer on Classic Valves... We were told by the tech class and other people that it would probably not be a good idea to put it in, but the ULT page doesnt say anything about them not working in Classic valves...

jpkunk
08-04-2003, 06:10 PM
so the ule tigger will or wont work in the classic valve?

mistwolf
08-04-2003, 06:12 PM
This only works on valves with two orings down in the bottom of the on/off hole. This means Classics, original RT's and newer RTpros. It should not be used in Emags or Xmags because it reduces the rate of fire (the lighter pull doesn't pull the solenoid out as fast).

That says it all, really.

Jamie

lopxtc
08-04-2003, 06:23 PM
Tom,

Will these be re-stocked if the current stock flies off the shelf? I am looking at getting a mag as a mechanical back-up but it wont be till later this month ... would hate to have it sold out by then.

Aaron

afrankart
08-04-2003, 06:33 PM
I don't know if they will be restocking them or not, That is why I just ordered mine!!!:D :D :D

M-a-s-sDriver
08-04-2003, 06:42 PM
I'm in... I sure as hell ain't missing out on THIS one.
Brent.

Jerhew
08-04-2003, 06:47 PM
woot
i cant believe i've been checking everyday and i almost missed it

Halliday
08-04-2003, 06:49 PM
So, is this a Beta test or has the ULE trigger "gone gold?"

sneakyhacker420
08-04-2003, 06:54 PM
you screwed up the description in it... first u said it wouldnt work in classics or classic RT's... but now you say it will?

wtf are you talking about

please clear this up man!

dansim
08-04-2003, 06:55 PM
so is it recomended with xvalves on a normal mag ,(non e)?

Jerhew
08-04-2003, 06:56 PM
oh and a ult quick start guide would be cool too
like you did with the level 10
just a thought..
thanx

Jerhew
08-04-2003, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by dansim
so is it recomended with xvalves on a normal mag ,(non e)?
exactly
or retros that have 2 orings...
crap i still have to get mine machined:(
oh well i better get on that this week then...

SG Avenger
08-04-2003, 07:38 PM
Bah, just when I thought I was finaly going to get a grip on my spending..... damn you cruel capitalism!

*pulls out his wafer thin, barely recognizable credit card and giggles madly*

Sputnik
08-04-2003, 07:40 PM
After the original announcement, this has become the most confusing thread ever.

I guess I'll do my own search now, but, I thought that even though it works in Classics with the double o-ring on/off, there was an issue in recharge and it wasn't recommended.

Anyone care to confirm/deny this statement?

speeddemon
08-04-2003, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by SG Avenger
Bah, just when I thought I was finaly going to get a grip on my spending..... damn you cruel capitalism!

*pulls out his wafer thin, barely recognizable credit card and giggles madly*

Man, me too! I ordered an X-valve 4 hours ago, and then this pops up here! Quit it Tom, you're taking all my money!!!:D

AkumA
08-04-2003, 08:09 PM
blah blah blah about the 2 o ring thing.

so...will this work with the autoresponce frame? i don't see why it wouldn't.

Koosh
08-04-2003, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by AkumA
blah blah blah about the 2 o ring thing.

so...will this work with the autoresponce frame? i don't see why it wouldn't.

Well... Why would you need to do that? Most of the resistance on the AR frame comes from the springs, not the on/off pin... so getting this would BARELY help at all...

Assuming it works in classic valves at all...

bmexline
08-04-2003, 08:35 PM
well, my classic rt has 1 oring not 2 so looks like im out.

Kevmaster
08-04-2003, 08:37 PM
word from man who was at tech confernece:

it WILL, WILL, WILL work on a classic mag with two orings at the top. HOWEVER, you will be very likely to short stroke (more so than with a stock setup). It will work just fine, but with the less force pushing your finger, you're much more likely to short stroke.

acecl22
08-04-2003, 09:22 PM
oh man, i wanna get in on this, but i think im gonna wait on reviews from the people who get them in, if it lives up to my expectations, then ill order it... i hope they continue production

rkjunior303
08-04-2003, 09:24 PM
I figure, for $50 bucks if I will get it in case it sells out.. If I like it, great.. If not, I know there will be plenty of people that will take it off my hands. .I don't even have level 10 in my classic valve but im getting one now just to have..

AcemanPB
08-04-2003, 10:39 PM
Order placed :D

BTW, I have a classic valve so I guess I'll see how that is going to work. I'm planning on getting an X-valve soon anyways though.

Woogie12
08-04-2003, 11:50 PM
So would it be a good idea to get a ULE trigger with a classic valve? Would it be worth it?

Jerhew
08-05-2003, 12:43 AM
Originally posted by Woogie12
So would it be a good idea to get a ULE trigger with a classic valve? Would it be worth it?

that remains to be seen actually...

i might give it a go in my friend's classic...just for now until my retro can be milled...
if i end up doing that ill post my findings

rkjunior303
08-05-2003, 01:41 AM
once i get it, i wont even attempt to install it until i get level 10 running on my mag.. ill buy that once i get back from spain..

Miscue
08-05-2003, 02:17 AM
Yay!

WickeDKlowN
08-05-2003, 06:33 AM
Now I have to get a Y-Grip, a Warp-ULE, and this... Damn you Tom! ;)

I'm pretty sure they will make more if it sells out if they turn out to work good.

speedyejl
08-05-2003, 07:05 AM
Can we look foward to a software update for e/xmags which will take advantadge of the ULEs lighter pull in better battery consumption or higher ROF?

Cryer
08-05-2003, 08:33 AM
i have no $:( :( :(

iLLfLiP69
08-05-2003, 09:54 AM
hey, this may be a stupid question, but i'm not sure whether or not my retro valve has the 2 orings needed. Does the 2 orings mean the valve needs 2 orings inside the actal on/off assembly, or one inside the assembly and one outside???

thx

BlackVCG
08-05-2003, 10:03 AM
If your valve is an X-Valve or XRT-Pro valve it WILL work.

If it's a classic RT valve, stainless steel RT-Pro Valve or a Retro Valve, it will NOT work.

Take out your existing on/off assembly, if you see two o-rings at the bottom of the hole in the valve, then it will work. If not, you have a paper weight.

Evil Bob- Why did you order one for your Classic RT? Unless you're getting it drilled, you're SOL.

iLLfLiP69
08-05-2003, 10:16 AM
k, thx for the info BlackVCG
oh well, guess the ULT wont work on my gun...damn single o-ring :mad:

Jerhew
08-05-2003, 11:56 AM
everyone seems to avoid this question but
how difficult is it to get it drilled out?
i imagine it has to be a flat tipped bit like a milling bit or something
but other than that...
just has to be the same size as the hole...drill until it's flush with the bottom hole...just can't go too far...
doesn't seem like a big deal...just do a little bit at a time until you're flush
all the sealing takes place inside the on/off assembly now so it's not like you have to worry about it sealing properly
and if it's off a hair...you have spacers to compensate...

painball
08-05-2003, 12:03 PM
dangit. My parents say i cant buy it last night wait till tomorrow well tomorrow comes there out of stock...:( :( any idea when they'll be back in?

sarpadian
08-05-2003, 12:05 PM
OUT OF STOCK!!!!!!!! Please tell me that more will be available in the future.

rkjunior303
08-05-2003, 01:24 PM
I believe Tunaman had some too, try him.

decimator4
08-05-2003, 02:22 PM
Any know when they will come stock in Xvalves(if they ever will)?

Sparks
08-05-2003, 04:09 PM
I have a ReTro valve with two o-rings in the on/off....serial number VV1711 if that helps.

QUINCYMASSGUY
08-05-2003, 04:35 PM
Just wanted to say thanks AGD for releasing them, almost caught me by surprise on that one but saw it nice and early and ordered one yesterday. I have been dying to get one and can't wait to get my hands on it and give it a shot. Someone elaborating a little more about exactly why we're loctiting the pin to the thing instead of it coming like that just like the sear pin comes loctited into the sear, just so I don't screw it up trying to do it.

I also wanted to say that Marcia was extremely nice to talk to through email regarding a clarification on my order, she makes ordering from you guys enjoyable and easy. So give her a raise, a big one! She deserves it. ;)

silentdeath55
08-05-2003, 05:24 PM
Oh man! Just ordered one as well as a Y-grip. from now until that package comes I'm gonna be sitting out in my front yard with my marker, waiting for that "magical brown truck". LOL

This thing better be cool Tom!

BlackVCG
08-05-2003, 06:21 PM
I've tried this on/off in a stock AIR valve and it does make the trigger incredibly light, but it is WAY too easy to short stroke. It will physically work, but buy at your own risk. I will not even bother answering questions about problems with the ULT in an AIR valve.

I will be putting up a thread about installation, tips and other information about the on/off hopefully before people start getting their kit from AGD. I do not recommend loctiting the pin. Just a bit of grease in the hole for the on/off pin bottom piece is all you need to keep the bottom piece from falling out when you put it in the valve.

Gecko
08-05-2003, 06:51 PM
look for destructive customs in the dealers forum. I belive he will be milling out valves for the 2nd oring

Benfica4ever
08-05-2003, 06:53 PM
You need to get a video of the ult in action.

Hucklbry
08-05-2003, 07:52 PM
Tom posted that the X-valve will be coming with the ULE trigger. Is this still true? If so, any new news about the colored X-valves? Thank you.

Zeb

painball
08-05-2003, 08:30 PM
I've ordered mine baby!:D :D :) :cool:

Wat
08-05-2003, 10:27 PM
Does anyone one know when the classic valves switched to the two oring design? I have a '98 minimag and I want to keep the valve for sentimental reasons.

If it doesn't, i'll just wait to build a new mag when the xvalve comes standard w the ULE trigger and level 10 bolt.

Kai
08-05-2003, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by BlackVCG
I've tried this on/off in a stock AIR valve and it does make the trigger incredibly light, but it is WAY too easy to short stroke. It will physically work, but buy at your own risk. I will not even bother answering questions about problems with the ULT in an AIR valve.

I had heard something about major shootdown with the ULT in a classic valve? Is this true, or no?

Jerhew
08-06-2003, 02:20 AM
i think that's just attributed to the high rof that the ult can achieve...
it won't actually cause shootdown...
it'll just make you fire so fast that the classic can't keep up

but anyway i think that was more of a theory than an actual result of testing or anything...
the major concern with classic valves is shortstroking...
sounds like it's like shooting a stock '97 cocker :D

AcemanPB
08-06-2003, 09:09 AM
I've seen videos of the classic valve doing 16bps with no shootdown. So I doubt the ULT will cause shootdown unless you can pull that fast. Although I don't know how the new on/off pin messes with the recharge rate of the valve. I'm assuming it's the same length and all?

silentdeath55
08-06-2003, 09:47 AM
I'm guessing the answer to my question is yes, but i just want to make sure.

I have a classic valve right now but am going to upgrade to an x-valve in the near future. If the x-valves do not come stock with the ULT, am I able to take the one in my classic valve out, an put in the x? Just wondering. Thanks for you help.

Clockwork_Orange
08-06-2003, 10:50 AM
I'm looking forward to seeing someone install this mod and post a video of it in action. I'm still pretty skeptical about getting the ULT... For some reason I'm thinking more negative than postive about it. :(

Evil Bob
08-06-2003, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by BlackVCG
Evil Bob- Why did you order one for your Classic RT? Unless you're getting it drilled, you're SOL.

I bought it because of the following quote direct from the ordering page:

A couple things to watch out for. This only works on valves with two orings down in the bottom of the on/off hole. This means Classics, Xvalves and newer RTpros. It should not be used in Emags or Xmags because it reduces the rate of fire (the lighter pull doesn't pull the solenoid out as fast). The reactivity has been turned down in this upgrade so it's harder to bounce but EASIER to short stroke.

Its entirely possible that the above quote is incorrect, but it looks like from the verbage that I'm fine with a classic RT.

If it turns out that I need to have the valve modified, so be it, what's another $50 to have the valve drilled out?

-Evil Bob

afrankart
08-06-2003, 02:51 PM
The way I read it, it looks like you aren't fine with the classic RT valve.

QUINCYMASSGUY
08-06-2003, 02:59 PM
Sorry man, I see it saying classics as in the oldschool valves used in 68 classics and minimags, RT has never been known as a classic, it's always been referred to as an RT. I don't think it will work, but you could still be in luck with milling it out or if you can't you'll get good resale for the ULE trigger kit.

hailstorm
08-06-2003, 03:14 PM
I just ordered one about 2 hours ago, and I should hopefully have it in the middle of next week. I'll be using it with a classic valve so I'll let all of you know my impressions and how its working.

afrankart
08-06-2003, 03:17 PM
With any luck, I'll have mine about noon tomorrow, and installed about 4:00.:D

QUINCYMASSGUY
08-06-2003, 03:39 PM
According to UPS, it'll be there probably earlier tomorrow so after work and gym it's time to install that beauty. I can't wait to find out how great this thing is, I keep hearing so good much about it but almost can't imagine the pull being so light.

the larch
08-06-2003, 06:11 PM
I have one coming too. I'm glad Smartparts has forced me not to buy their stuff. My micromag with the xvalve, warp and level ten is just going to leave my shocker behind when I get this ule trigger installed and burning paint. I'm really happy with this mag as it stands, and I LOVE the outstanding service AGD has given me in the last couple of months.
:)

jpkunk
08-06-2003, 07:43 PM
Does anyone know how many ULE Trigger Kits were sold in the first run.

silentdeath55
08-06-2003, 08:56 PM
Can I track my order from AGD some how? I cant figure it out..Someone please help me!

silentdeath55
08-06-2003, 09:01 PM
Nevermind...I just checked my e-mail and I received the UPS tracking #. I should have checked that before I posted.... Thanks

edit: According to UPS I'll have my ULT and Y-grip tomorrow, Aug. 7th. I dont want to go to work tomorrow, all I want to do is sit on my porch and wait for that truck.. I'll let you know how it works in a classic valve as soon as I install it.

painball
08-06-2003, 09:21 PM
noooo i have to wait a whole 4 1/2 days!! :( :( *i get it the 11th)

afrankart
08-06-2003, 09:23 PM
Mine will be here the 8th. I guess I was greedy hoping for tomorrow.

Jerhew
08-06-2003, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by afrankart
Mine will be here the 8th. I guess I was greedy hoping for tomorrow.

yeah me too
i still have to get my valve milled too:(
hopefully i can get out of work early tomarrow and get to the machine shop

chd03675
08-06-2003, 11:00 PM
just insatalled mine it really is easy to short stroke i dont liek that at all

Jerhew
08-06-2003, 11:03 PM
what kind of valve did you put it in?
classic or rt/x?

chd03675
08-06-2003, 11:06 PM
x valve with y grip

Jerhew
08-06-2003, 11:09 PM
really?
i expected you to say a classic...
have you spent some time tuning it at all?
from what i gather, using the right amount of shims helps a lot
how much did you mess with it?

chd03675
08-06-2003, 11:10 PM
4 shims with the .5 carrier or the 2nd to smallest carrier wiht the dot

Jerhew
08-06-2003, 11:15 PM
wait
carrier?
do you mean the level 10?
you should have shims to adjust your ule trigger also

chd03675
08-06-2003, 11:16 PM
2 shims in ule trigger

Jerhew
08-06-2003, 11:19 PM
well i wish i could be of assistance
my ulet won't be here til friday
i hope im not disappointed when i get it

Dayspring
08-06-2003, 11:23 PM
The ULT will do nothing for Emag battery consumption. The software doesn't control it either. The solenoid draws a specific amount of power, every shot w/o fail. In order to get better battery life (which is 20,000 shots) you'd need a smaller 'noid.

It's not like an engine that can save gas b/c the engine isn't working as hard/under load.

Originally posted by speedyejl
Can we look foward to a software update for e/xmags which will take advantadge of the ULEs lighter pull in better battery consumption or higher ROF?

08-07-2003, 02:37 AM
Is this new trigger light enough so that you can "walk" the trigger??

silentdeath55
08-07-2003, 10:24 AM
I should get mine today. I just checked the tracking thing on UPS and it is "out for delvery".

I dont think this trigger is light enought to be walked mainly because the trigger pull is not any shorter than a stock mag.

Evil Bob
08-07-2003, 11:37 AM
It's light enough to walk if you're a bass/tuba player or someone with very strong fingers. Other then that, you will have a hard time walking it.

-Evil Bob

painball
08-07-2003, 11:49 AM
i can walk my trigger without the ULT. Im sure i will be able to with it

BlackVCG
08-07-2003, 12:05 PM
I have a thread dedicated to ULT tech questions and other info about the setup in the Tech Forum. I also have a couple of videos in that thread of me shooting the ULT on my XRTP.

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=96538

For the person that was having short stroke problems, you need to install more shims in the ULT. Not sure how many shims AGD is including in the kits, but you can use one Level 10 shim to replace two ULT shims. So if you only got two shims with the ULT, put one LX shim in and then add one ULT shim and try that and then you can add one more ULT shim if it still isn't the way you like it.

Remember, don't think that with this trigger you can walk it like it's an E-Blade Cocker. It's going to take some practice to get it going fast. I don't think it's walkable, but I don't walk any triggers. To me, walking is just for show.

Evil Bob
08-07-2003, 02:33 PM
Thanks Black, good info.

-Evil Bob

QUINCYMASSGUY
08-07-2003, 09:17 PM
AGD, great work I am impressed. Got my ULE, went in as is no problems, shot well but I threw an extra shim in there and it brought the recharge point nice and close. I like that it is already assembled, curious to know that if the on/off pin is sent connected to the support how we take the pin out if we need to (gets bent, etc) but otherwise top quality work.

EDIT: Good joke with the answer at the bottom: Why couldn't the Mag walk too fast?

Little notes for others curious about it: walking is definitely a real tough thing to do but it's more about the length of the pull than the weight that seemed to make it tricky for me. Whatever, I'm ripping on the thing with one finger. I can definitely see where it will suck in classic valves, the kickback is minimal in Xvalves so it'd be real easy to shortstroke a classic. Comes assembled, compared to the Lvl 10 it is a breeze to adjust. Strange thing is by putting this on/off in I think it may have made it visible that I have one too many shims in my Lvl 10. Lightly pulling causes a little down-barrel leak and I know it's not the carrier. Just pointing that out in case any of you get the issue too, just pull a shim out.

And I do think a trigger stop would be beneficial in the back end of the stroke, but I am wary about a front one. If Tom Kaye says bad idea (or in his words, hummm, more bolt being bought or whatever it was he posted a couple weeks back) I'd believe him. We'll see what happens with the back stop though.

So great job AGD, I definitely recommend anyone who can get one, does get one. Joke answer: Because it had shim-splints. Oh come on, that was funny! Runners will get it!
:D

painball
08-07-2003, 09:32 PM
im wondering. in my x-valve now i can barely pull the trigger enough so that the pin goes in all the way by itself and fires. Now will I be able to have it do that with my ULT? Is this even normal for my marker to do that?

silentdeath55
08-08-2003, 09:10 AM
Got mine yesterday and installed it in about 5 minutes(not including resetting all the shims). I am very impressed with this trigger, even in a classic AIR valve. Great work!

painball
08-08-2003, 06:33 PM
I just got mine! Hopefully I will br able to fill my tank this weekend and install it! :cool: :D

Jack & Coke
08-08-2003, 07:10 PM
I just got mine... chuff chuff!!! :(

Really, I chuff a lot with the ULT!

Maybe I'm just too used to the strong kick back of the RT.

Sometimes the bolt doesn't reset all the way back... :confused:

I think I need more practice... :p

Mighty Mike
08-08-2003, 07:26 PM
chuff chuff....same here. Every few pulls I was getting a chuff, so I addded one more shim (3 total) and that solved the problem.

painball
08-08-2003, 08:49 PM
i cant wait to set mine up once i get my tank filled:D :D

Powday
08-08-2003, 09:31 PM
Just installed my ULT. It rips! I love it.

Although, I ended up with 5 shims in there (and might put another... can u sub in one lvl10 shim for two ult shims?).

Out of the box, I was disappointed (chuff chuff). So I added shims, one at a time as the directions said. With each shim, the trigger seemed to gimme less and less chuffing! :) Anyway, I'm at 5 shims now and it's still not going into full auto or double firing. Trigger pull is AWESOME. It's soooo much better. Of course, the "holy grail" would be to have that pull with more reactivity. U do lose some, but it seems that the more shims I added, the happier I became.

To make a long story short, once u get it tuned to your liking, you won't be disappointed with the ULT.

Jerhew
08-09-2003, 12:41 AM
Originally posted by QUINCYMASSGUY
And I do think a trigger stop would be beneficial in the back end of the stroke, but I am wary about a front one. If Tom Kaye says bad idea (or in his words, hummm, more bolt being bought or whatever it was he posted a couple weeks back) I'd believe him. We'll see what happens with the back stop though.

ok i installed front and back stops today...just for the heck of it...
let me just say that it's really not worth it...
you can use the front stop to take about a hair out of the pull(don't want any chipped bolts) but thats about all...

and you can get the pull pretty short with the back stop but
you can't disassemble the gun without tools...
the trigger rod has to be pushed almost all the way in to push the pin up and out of the way so you can slide the valve out...
i have it set as short as possible with still being able to get my gun apart without tools...it's probably only about 1/4" shorter(bottom of the blade on my i-frame)

Jerhew
08-09-2003, 12:43 AM
powday
you can use level 10 shims but they're twice as thick as ult shims
so use one in lx shim in place of 2 ult shims

Jerhew
08-09-2003, 12:54 AM
oh ya
and i got mine ult in...btw :D
it's sweet...
i'll probably be tuning it some more but overall it rocks

i even drilled out my 1 o-ring retro valve myself...
i used a 3/8" forstner bit on a drill press
seemed to work pretty well except i think i dulled it out on the stainless
oh well an $8 dollar bit was still cheaper than $50 at a machine shop
let me just say though
if you plan on attempting this...be careful
disasseble your valve all the way...if you don't youre gonna wreck your orings
make sure you have a way to clamp down your valve extremely tight
make sure it's level so the bit goes in easily and doesnt bind
use a slow drill speed, this is stainless after all..
use oil and work slowly...
i just did a little at a time until the step was gone
most importantly...
when you're done, there's going to be chips everywhere inside your gun...
blow it out, hose it out, stick q-tips in every hole
maybe even a pipe cleaner into the smaller rt chamber hole
most importantly... the dump chamber collected a ton of grime... i had to use about 15 q-tips, bending the ends over so i could reach every part of it
overall i think i was more scared than anything
i didnt want to ruin such an expensive part...
but in reality i was rather easy to do...just had to be very careful and very thorough

speeddemon
08-09-2003, 12:57 AM
Originally posted by Jerhew
and you can get the pull pretty short with the back stop but
you can't disassemble the gun without tools...
the trigger rod has to be pushed almost all the way in to push the pin up and out of the way so you can slide the valve out...

Umm, well, use a credit card, stick it in there and push the rod back. Or a paper clip. Or something.

Jerhew
08-09-2003, 01:01 AM
right
well it's not really a big deal
but i imagine it's the reason why Tom doesn't endorse the use of trigger stops
point is...you really can't reach it with your fingernail or anything...
so if you had to take it apart say... in the middle of defending a castle...
you better make sure you got your leatherman/gerber multi-tool handy :D

the larch
08-09-2003, 08:27 AM
theoretically, with your level ten set up right, you should never have to take the gun apart on the field without tools :D

mistwolf
08-09-2003, 03:43 PM
Ignore, wrong thread

Jerhew
08-09-2003, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by the larch
theoretically, with your level ten set up right, you should never have to take the gun apart on the field without tools :D

a lot of things should happen...
but i tend to subscribe to murphy's law...
anything that can go wrong...will

like i said i havent decided how im gonna run everything yet...
i just wanted to mention it to those of you who were thinking about doing this

acecl22
08-09-2003, 05:56 PM
i just got my first good paycheck, and i realy wanna spend part of it on this, and the reviews are making me more anxious than ever. is anyone having any problems with it at all... and how much have you used it so far, i want to see if there are any problems once it gets broken in

dansim
08-09-2003, 06:05 PM
what is the little tiny tiny black oring for?

Jerhew
08-09-2003, 06:06 PM
it's an extra of the one inside the on/off

silentdeath55
08-09-2003, 06:19 PM
Just played my first game with it today, and wow, that thing rips! I am really impressed with the performance I got with this upgrade. I didnt short stroke once all day. I cant believe it.

powerofthegospel
08-09-2003, 06:52 PM
just wonderin if you have a classic or somethin else. I have a classic, and i'm still not sure what i'm gonna do. I'd really like to get this upgrade, but if it's not gonna do anything but make me short stroke i dont want it. Anyways, just lookin for advice.

silentdeath55
08-10-2003, 09:43 AM
I have mine in a minimag valve, which is a classic AIR valve. If you put the right amount of shims in, you shouldn't short stroke too much.

Grasshopper
08-12-2003, 11:58 PM
Is AGD having trouble keeping these in stock? Have they been going out of stock? How fast have they been sellin'?

Just wanna' know, since I just ordered mine and hope to have it as soon as possible :) I can't wait!

Joel84
08-13-2003, 02:01 AM
I was wondering how much every one was spending on there X kits and ULE cuz out here in Arizona the X is selling for 375 and the ULE is going for 70 something I know the X is only 300 on pbgear but i was just wondering how much im being over charged for living on the west coast

mistwolf
08-13-2003, 07:12 AM
Originally posted by Joel84
I was wondering how much every one was spending on there X kits and ULE cuz out here in Arizona the X is selling for 375 and the ULE is going for 70 something I know the X is only 300 on pbgear but i was just wondering how much im being over charged for living on the west coast

Anyobne who isn't sending in their classic valve for the $100 discount is being ripped off to start with. But yeah, 375 is pretty rough.

Jamie

the larch
08-13-2003, 07:24 AM
Purchase it directly from AGD. The ULE trigger is $47 and if you trade your stock valve in, you can get an xvalve with level ten installed for $225 (I think).
Straight from AGD's hands to yours without anyone else having an opportunity to mess with it.
If you don't have a credit card, just send them a money order with the amount of purchase plus shipping, mailing address and a nice letter. This is what I have done. They have been GREAT and very fast on the turn around. Probably much quicker than if you tried to order it through some dealer.
Just goto their site link from this forum (visit the agd store, in top right corner of page). Order what you want and check out up to the point it gives you the price with shippng. Write down the info, and back out of the page.
Simple.
Good luck and much cheaper ;)

Joel84
08-13-2003, 03:42 PM
Hey thanks for the info
a new AGD cert store just opened and they will take my old valve for the rebate or what ever and they just got the triggers in at the same price

Meph
08-13-2003, 09:27 PM
Yes, I ordered some 2 days ago as well. 3 ULTs and a ULE mainbody. Gotta love being a dealer. Hopefully withing the next 2 days they should be arriving. Though if I'm lucky enough it'll end up showing at the shop tomorrow. That'd be great.

Just don't expect me to post a review. I'm talking with Jon, about getting it in the next Paintball Nation Magazine. Since I didn't have a game to cover last month, I'll do a product review instead. Of course after this I have about 6 games to cover, so that'll be pleanty of material.

theshades
08-14-2003, 09:48 AM
here are one of two pics of the valve orings that we are all worried about. i hope it helps clear up some confusion... or may be create more? they are indicated part 15 and 16. one fits inside of the other on top the valve. or maybe the next pic will clear it up more. God knows I NEED PICS.

theshades
08-14-2003, 10:02 AM
here on a classic indicated as part 22 and 23 on inside of the other

Sam#27
08-15-2003, 11:14 AM
Heres the low down. Yes it does work on classics, although it would be smart to have a LvL 10 first because the ULE trigger greatly increases chances of short stroking. And yes it will work in your retro valve but dont waste your money on it because it reduces reactivity to almost nothing thus rendering the retro valve useless.

acecl22
08-15-2003, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by Sam#27
Heres the low down. Yes it does work on classics, although it would be smart to have a LvL 10 first because the ULE trigger greatly increases chances of short stroking. And yes it will work in your retro valve but dont waste your money on it because it reduces reactivity to almost nothing thus rendering the retro valve useless.

not true... the retro valve does not only have that one use (reactivity), it also has the increased recharge rate so that when you get your ule trigger rippin, you wont get any shootdown (on the classic valve you will get shootdown, and like you said, increased chance of short stroking). your statement is also misleading in the fact that the ule will not work in "your retro valve", well not necesarily... it will only work in retros that have 2 oring in the bottom of the on/off assembly hole, if you dont have 2 orings, you need to get your valve drilled out

speeddemon
08-15-2003, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by Sam#27

WHAT are you talking about? The ULT was designed for the Retro/X-valve, NOT for the classic. The classic isn't reactive enough with this pin to keep you from short stroking it. The RT/X-valve has a faster recharge rate, and is more reactive with the ULT. Yes the reactive push is not the same force as it was before, but thats how is should be. If you only had to push with 15 oz, and the RT/X pushed back with 4 lbs of force, the gun would simply runaway, and the trigger bounce would make the gun completely useless in any kind of tournament play. The point of the RT/X valve isn't to have a reactive trigger, that is simply a side effect of the way the valve was designed for fast recharge. Tippman on the other hand thought that the RT effect was cool and designed it into their guns.

Please know what you are talking about before you post. The ULT makes it easier to shoot the RT/X-valve faster for most people.

Meph
08-15-2003, 07:38 PM
Yes it does make it easier to rip paint!

So far, had it installed and fired. Got it straight from the factory with a few other AGD products for the store. Lubed up the rings before putting it in as well, installed it. Gassed up.

Pffft Pffft Pffft Shooting beautifully. No short stroking, no half-stroking (chuffing). So far. Just makes it so easy to rip a stream.

Come tomorrow I'll play a few games, see what happens when I'm under pressure and not concentrating on pulling the trigger properly. But overall, my review is looking very very nice!

I'm debating about putting in another shim, getting this thing even lighter. Because right now there's no shootdown. Yet I don't want to go full auto. But I would like to get this to it's maximum performance without crossing the line.

Jerhew
08-16-2003, 02:25 PM
well
you might as well give it a try
the more shims you add
the better the pull gets...
and if it starts doubling or going full auto...
just take a shim back out of it
might as well tune it as far as you can

Meph
08-16-2003, 08:30 PM
Hmmmm. Might as well.

I'm just honestly afraid of bending the pin! It's not covered under warranty. I don't want to have to buy another.

edit
Good and bad news.

Just did that, added shims. Good news, DIDN'T BEND THE PIN! Yay. That was my actual goal in this, to not bend that.

Bad news. The more shims I added, the easier it became to chuff. With the stock 2 shims, I could just blaze on the trigger. 3rd shim, did just as fast with one or two chuffs. 4th shim, every 10th or so shot a chuff. 5th shim, every other trigger pull = chuff!

But at least no full auto.

So I set it back to 2 shims. So that it's extremely light, yet I don't chuff!

SlipknotX556
08-16-2003, 08:56 PM
I want to see these in action, someone make a video.

Meph
08-16-2003, 09:01 PM
You won't notice anything different than any other mag firing.

You'll need animation of the on/off pin to see how the ULE works. I could do that myself, if I only did know! I know how the Classic AIR valve on/off works. That's easy. I'm still kind of consufed a little on the RT/X-valve style of on/off pin use.

Jerhew
08-16-2003, 10:54 PM
the strange thing is
for as similar as the classic and rt/x valves appear to be
they work completely backwards from each other
i was actually astonished when i finally figured out the air path on an rt/x
as i've said before it's just an engineering masterpiece

but yeah it's hard to tell from watching the gun fire
you have to feel it to understand :)

SlipknotX556
08-17-2003, 10:22 AM
Quesiton Time:

How has it take you to install your ULT kit?

How long did it take you to tune it right?

Is it hard to Install?

Do directions come with the ULT kit?

AcemanPB
08-17-2003, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by SlipknotX556
Quesiton Time:

How has it take you to install your ULT kit?

How long did it take you to tune it right?

Is it hard to Install?

Do directions come with the ULT kit?

It's easy to instal (MUCH easier than level 10)

It took me 10-15 minutes tops to tune it right.

All you do is take out your old on/off and drop this one in. It's already put together and ready to go. Once you gas up your gun and see how the trigger is you can add or take away shims to get it how you want it.

It did come with very brief instructions, BlackVCG made a good post about installation in the tech forum.