PDA

View Full Version : Western Mass REDDAWN2

nospmas311
08-04-2003, 05:56 PM
OK. There is a scenario in Western Mass (INFO at www.reddawngame.com) and it will be my first scenario ever. Is it really worth it to bring a 2-way radio? The field is somewhat large and I can take any advice possible. I know lots of water, bug-spray, lots of paint, anything else?

Pyrate Jim
08-04-2003, 07:17 PM
I'll be at that game. It'll be my first time on that particular field. Just look for the old guy dressed like a pirate flying the skull and bones in the parking lot.

But radios are a good thing, if you have someone on the other end. I usually have three or four with me, but almost never use them cause I'm always by myself. Besides, I make enough noise on the field that I don't need a radio.
The weather may pass by then but be prepared for rain. A poncho works well.

Any idea what side you'll be on? I'm just gonna show up and play, no roles for me this game but I'd rather be a Wolverine than a Russian.

nospmas311
08-06-2003, 08:25 PM
HoppysMag and I regular the field. He works there and I beg for jobs on the weekend from the owner of the field. The woods field is nice and we have re-done it as well as gone into uncharted territory. Poncho is a good idea and I will pick one up on Friday. We want to make a squad and go out together and hunt the "Ruskies" (taken from movie...). If you bring those radios i'll bring my cellphone earbud thing. I'll be in jeans and a black t-shirt... See you soon :)

HoppysMag
08-08-2003, 03:55 PM
il be the one in the middle of the field screaming taunts. if it rains il have a trench coat on. have ether my mag or a pgp. look for the little kid with a big mouth and a mirrored lensed crossfire mask il be standing proud!

"COMON SAMPSON! STAND UP AND GET OVER HERE! ITS SAFE!, uh hold on a second" POP POP POP "wow didnt see him there, that woulda been embaressing"

oh and i got 2 radios don know how compatable they are with other brands but il bringem

nospmas311
08-08-2003, 04:01 PM
they will be compatible...and don't do that again! Make sure the area is clear before you make the biggest guy on the field run to the area!

Pyrate Jim
08-08-2003, 07:56 PM
Spoke to Tony tonight.
Don't know which side I'll be on- but with the gear I have it might be Russian.
Look for me to be wearing a red beret and carrying either a SMG60 or nickle-plated KP3.

nospmas311
08-08-2003, 09:22 PM
haha. Ok. I will try and find you. I will be one of the first ones there I hope so I get a good parking spot (although they are all generally very close to the field). See you tomorrow!

Pyrate Jim
08-10-2003, 11:14 AM
What a great game!
Only about 80 players, many of whom were at their first scenario.
But the fields were very pump friendly, the woods are thick brush about five feet high with trails cut like a maze through it. Some good structures to attack and defend hidden out there and one good open area with numerous bunkers.

I was running around with the Phantom VSC a large part of the day, and playing with the KP3 just to use up some paint.
I was the only one playing pump at first, but it started catching on. One kid switched to a PGP and the two of us snuck around and back-doored a squad of the other team that was keeping our team from moving. Even the refs were applauding that move - two pumps taking out five semi's.
At one point, the Wolverines owned the field. Literally no Russians to shoot at. I wandered around a little bit, and then went out to the staging area to taunt the red players and get them back into the game since most of them were hanging out at their cars. It worked because they came back with a vengeance.(plus the refs switched a few to the other team to help balance things out)
It all came down to the final battle. I tried to sneak around and ran into some red players who were dug in and I didn't see them until it was too late. So I missed most of the final donnybrook but our team won by a slim margin.
I was voted MVP for the Wolverines, which gave my ego a nice boost and after it was over Greg(one of the head refs) came up to me and pulled an unbroken paintball out of my headwrap.

I came home with a few welts and an electric scooter that I had won in the raffle, nospmas311 won himself an A-5 with Egrip - one very happy player there. The raffle was better than most, a couple Tippmanns, cases of paint, field passes and other stuff. Oldest award was 56, youngest was 11, and furthest was a girl who had come up from Fla.

They'll be holding more scenarios there in the next couple of months...I'll probably be there.

nospmas311
08-10-2003, 11:20 AM
Like Pyrate said, the day was great. I, of course, love this e-gripped A-5. I shoot a mag at the moment, but the future is looking unclear for my woods games. The day was great. Pyrate and Hoppysmag (the one with the PGP) owned. It is amazing to see this guy work becuase he just runs in there taking out 3 or 4 guys at a time. I one day hope to be like this but for now, my A-5 is keeping me happy enough.

HoppysMag
08-10-2003, 02:56 PM
yup i was the one with the PGP. and also the shorter kid with the mag . playing with pirate defenatly got me interested in stock class again. :D