PDA

View Full Version : Hockey Night AO Style (NYC)

Thordic
08-04-2003, 08:10 PM
DEADLINE IS SEPTEMBER 8TH

Ok, I had an idea. Why should AO gatherings always be about paintball? Tons of us have lots more in common than just paintball, and hang out and do other stuff together anyway.

So here it is, I'm going to try to organize a trip to a hockey game.

New York Rangers vs. New York Islanders. HUGE rivalry. Thursday, December 18th at Madison Square Garden. RIght in the heart of the Big Apple.

I want Rangers fans. I want Islanders fans. I want trash talk. I want other hockey fans there insulting both teams. I want non-hockey fans screaming for blood on the ice.

In other words, I want a damn good hockey game :)

I'd like to get 20 guys. Tickets would be like $30 a pop, in the 400 section (Its where the rowdyness happens).

20+ guys and I can get AO up on the GardenVision.

Obviously this will have to be a pre-pay thing. I'm going to call up the ticket office to see when I should order tickets by, so then I'll announce a cutoff date.

I KNOW there are tons of New Yorkers around. Even if you don't like hockey, this is a great chance to hang out with a bunch of AOers and have a good time.

We can do dinner before the game, hang out after, whatever. Take friday off from work and tell your boss to go screw.

How many people are interested? I'll keep a list below. Remember, you WILL have to pony up money months ahead of time, and I will not be able to give refunds unless you can find someone to fill your spot at the last minute.

So what do you say AO?

GUARANTEED ATTENDENCE LIST

1) Thordic
2) Wickster + 1
3)
4)
5)

08-04-2003, 08:19 PM
I would be. And its perfect because its by Xmas break so I will just not go to school on Fri.

Rmarks
08-04-2003, 08:21 PM
DEATH TO THE ISLES!!!!!

Let me know the price and I'll let you know.

Creative Mayhem
08-04-2003, 08:22 PM
Excellent idea Thor... if i were closer... i'd be all over it. Too bad I'm not... :( C'mon AO... lets go... this will be AWESOME!!!

CM

Thordic
08-04-2003, 08:46 PM
Just as a note, tickets for this game will sell out FAST.

Tickets should be purchased in september at the latest, I'm thinking.

If it sells out, we can find another game. I'll figure out a backup plan, but first lets see if this game is possible.

Dayspring
08-04-2003, 10:05 PM
I'm not much for hockey, but I'm for AO. So I guess I could be dragged there with the promise of beer. :D

Stotic
08-04-2003, 11:26 PM
I'm kinda interested. Isles all the way! Actually I'm a Penguins fan. But that was mostly because I grew up idolizing Lemieux. He's gone now. :)

Tobe2be
08-05-2003, 04:11 PM
hey im down. just let me know when the money os needed for the game

Bigzamboni
08-06-2003, 08:24 PM
Wooo! Go Rangers! My team right there! I'll be down for at least 1 ticket(me).

I'll probably try to take a train to Penn Station. That is right there, isn't it? We should go to the player's exit afterwards and mob for autographs. :D

Wickster
08-07-2003, 01:04 PM
Christmas vacation is bad for me, but if it switches to another game (date) I can probably attend (I split Flyers seasons tickets with a friend of mine, so I am always happy to see the rangers and Isles beat the heck out of each other).

edited:
Scratch that...just rechecked my calendar.. pending Spousal approval:eek: I should be good to go. Let me know with more info later.

nouseforaname
08-13-2003, 05:09 PM
Id be interested ... ISLANDERS BABY!!!

Rmarks
08-13-2003, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by nouseforaname
Id be interested ... ISLANDERS BABY!!!

Islanders are going DOWN!

Thordic
08-13-2003, 07:13 PM
Icedancers belong at Radio City doing dance moves, not playing hockey with real men.

Rangers all the way!

It doesn't look like we'll have enough people for a group discount, but I'll check out how much tickets are soon and post up a price, and then I'll take paypal or something and order up a batch of tickets.

ICOM
08-15-2003, 09:42 PM
So far it sounds good. Gotta see what happens

Lone Wolf2
08-17-2003, 11:06 AM
woo hoo...hockey season is bout to start... lets get talkin yall.

Thordic
08-18-2003, 01:48 PM
Ok, lets get a list of those who are DEFINITELY INTERESTED.

IE, money in hand, ready to send it to me. I'm only ordering tickets for those who pre-pay, I am not gonna get stuck holding tickets for people who won't pay.

Making the list up top in the first post. Will start collecting money by the end of the week.

Wickster
08-18-2003, 06:26 PM
My wife and I are definetly both in. Let me know where to send the MO and how much.

EDIT
oh, if you are going to shatnerball2 and know how much, I can give you cash there.

ICOM
08-19-2003, 11:25 PM
Thordic count me and my bro Stotic in as maybes,just gotta look over dates and such.

08-22-2003, 01:54 AM
I will probably be in but i need to know costs. If its under $40 a ticket I will be there. I will probably bring my dad or i will just take the train from school if somebody will pick me up at Grand Central. (15 y/o & NYC at night dont mix unless they r in packs and it still isnt safe)

Thordic
08-22-2003, 08:03 AM
845, NYC is one of the safer cities in the nation, especially midtown.

Anyway, cost will be like $25 - $30 a ticket + ticketmaster charges, if I remember correctly.

Deadline is going to be SEPTEMBER EIGTH. Thats when individual tickets go on sale. Apparently each purchase is limited to 8 tickets, so if we have more than 8 people I'll have to work something out.

08-24-2003, 02:47 PM
It doesnt matter my dad wants to go so i have a ride. So put me down for me +1

Albinonewt
08-27-2003, 07:54 AM
I'm in

Hammersmith
08-27-2003, 08:55 AM
Wow! Rangers -vs- Isles......may the best loser win!

LET'S GO DEVILS!!!!

circus5
09-03-2003, 03:08 PM
What he said ^

Rmarks
09-03-2003, 03:28 PM
I wouldn't mind watching a Devils game except for the fact they play the most boring style of hockey that I've ever seen. Atleast the Rangers go all out when they lose.

Bigzamboni
09-03-2003, 06:40 PM
I'll know in a day or two.

How would you want money? Money order or something of that nature, or do you accept chickens? ;)

Hammersmith
09-03-2003, 09:46 PM
I don't know, game 7 of the Stanley Cup finals wasn't really boring at all.

Remind me to show you what a playoff ticket looks like the next time your up to the field.

Click on the links below for a visual aid.

Winner (http://devilsweapon.tripod.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/stevens-scott-cup1-061000.jpg)

Not Winners (http://images.sportsline.com/u/photos/ap/2001/aug/linrosmessier83101.jpg)

See? That's all you need to know.

Rangers Suck! (6 years and counting)

Originally posted by Rmarks
I wouldn't mind watching a Devils game except for the fact they play the most boring style of hockey that I've ever seen. Atleast the Rangers go all out when they lose.