PDA

View Full Version : Cocker problems, oh my!

Smegma
08-04-2003, 10:30 PM
See the cocker in my sig? Well, it doesnt work, big surprise right! I went and sold my mag for it and it doesnt really work, so now i look to you, my AO friends. I am the ultimate cocker newb, and after reading info about them im still confussed. Im hopping that you could point me in the right direction on what needs to be done.

Let me tell you some information about the marker and what it does (and doesnt ) do so you guys can help me out better.

A little bit about the marker:
The marker came with a ans reg, its gauge when gased up is in the 400's. It has an eclipse hinge too. Im using a preset nitroduck 4500 tank.

Heres what happens when i try to get it to cycle:
When it is gased up and cocked, when i pull the trigger and makes a slight attempt to recock, but it only makes it half way.

When i turn the lpr way up, it fires the first time, and the subsequent times that the trigger is pulled, the back block moves back and forth, but the gun does not cock. Meanwhile a bunch of air leaks out.
When i turned up the velocity, it fires and a bunch of air comes out afterwards.

When i turn the in line reg down, air leaks out (im guessing there is not enough pressure to seal the 3way or something).

Well, thats about all that i notice with it, if there is anything that i could add to help you help me, just tell me.

askman
08-05-2003, 03:41 PM
sounds like your cocker is out of timing is your problem most likely.

set the input pressure. 400 for factory is good place to start. with good part you can go to 250.

Next you need to do, is set timing. you need to adjust the length of rod that go from trigger to 3/4 way. I start with about 3 thread showing, and thread in or out half turn at a time until you have a cock followed by fire cycle. If it is not cocking the trigger, but cycles before releasing the trigger, increase the front reg pressure until it cocks...

good luck..

boggerman
08-05-2003, 08:13 PM
Try Ravi Chopra's (sp?) website, that is where I went to learn about my cocker. Very clear step-by-step instructions on total setup.
http://www.paintballravi.com