PDA

View Full Version : flatline barrel mod

batteryfree
08-04-2003, 11:01 PM
is there any way to make a tippmann flatline barrel fit on my mag?

IromKnight
08-04-2003, 11:25 PM
I suppose with extensive machining you could get anything to fit, but I doubt it would be worth all the effort.

yurchikcs
08-05-2003, 01:37 AM
The Flatline already has a pretty bad rep when it comes to accuracy, so I doubt it would be worth the time. With good paint, it should be fine though.

I still intend to build a scenario '98 with one.:D

Dayspring
08-05-2003, 09:23 AM
Good luck cleaning the barrel when you get a barrel break or chop.

Kevmaster
08-05-2003, 10:04 AM
you can get the Galactic Z-Body for the mag which will give similar results

Meph
08-05-2003, 12:08 PM
Similar, but not up to par.

Overall unless you have an adaptor that will allow you to remove the barrel and use other regular barrels.... the modification, I think, just isn't worth it.

It's not for every situation or field, and definately not for every paint! If you use evil or hellfire, don't even think of using the Flatline.

But if you want to have a flatline on an automag... then go for it! If you want it, that's all that matters. Not what anybody else says.

MidnightRider
08-05-2003, 09:52 PM
Here is a thread that has this same discussion. Not much in it in fact except that mh53eplt claims to have done it. No pic just the claim. Actually the thread ends up talking about the M98 and A5 flatlines.

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=90518

I would love to see mh53eplt's mag if he could post a pic.:D This is something I would be interested in doing myself if it can be done easily with out much modifying of the original design of the marker.

Peace

MR

batteryfree
08-05-2003, 11:38 PM
what is a Galactic Z-Body and where can i buy one???

ratmonkey
08-05-2003, 11:50 PM
you could conceivable have anyone with a good cnc set-up make you an adapter, much like doc's mag to autococker thread adapter. i'm sure if you pm'd him you may be able to work something out.