PDA

View Full Version : ULE triger shim alternate uses...

nerobro
08-05-2003, 01:41 AM
Ever wanted to be able to adjust the on/off pin length in your normal mag? the ULE trigger shims can live a doubble life ;-) A shim or two in your normal trigger on/off will tighten up the timing there just as well as on the ULE trigger. With the new ule trigger shims we can now precicely adjust the triggers on all of our mags.

BlackVCG
02-26-2004, 04:23 PM
This will not work on RT valves.

It will work on the standard AIR valve, because it has a top piece that just rests on the bottom, so putting shims between the top and bottom piece push the o-rings up farther and essentially make the fire and release point tighter.

Will you notice anything? Not really.

Jonesie
03-12-2004, 07:50 AM
Originally posted by Branden Minimag
I did this to my ReTro Valve using a LVL 10 shim. It's like magic. The reactivity was boosted without using an adjustable air system or messing with the internals.

This is because you are effectively shortening the On/Off pin. Put enought in there, and it will go into "Fully-Automatic Blender Mode" Make me a margarita while you're at it! :D

sneakyhacker420
03-12-2004, 08:24 AM
i don't need shims - i have a complete set of AGD on/off pins - every size ever made - including the set of .735 and .745 pins :p

jeffremiller
03-12-2004, 09:51 AM
i don't need shims - i have a complete set of AGD on/off pins - every size ever made - including the set of .735 and .745 pins

I have a little bag of on/off pins and a dremel...

punkncat
03-13-2004, 03:06 PM
Where are you putting the shim?
On top of the on off inside the valve body?
Or on the bottom/trigger side of the on off assy.?
I would love to jack up my reactivity a touch, but don't want to mess anything up.

Bad_Dog
03-13-2004, 03:15 PM
I can't have a blender cuz I have Level 10. then it will put it into "Fully-Automatic Chuff Mode"...:D

sounds like this:

* chuff chuff chuff chuff shoot chuff chuff chuff chuff shoot chuff chuff chuff chuff shoot chuff chuff chuff chuff shoot chuff chuff chuff chuff shoot chuff chuff chuff chuff shoot chuff chuff chuff chuff shoot chuff chuff chuff chuff shoot chuff chuff chuff chuff shoot chuff chuff chuff chuff *

nerobro
03-13-2004, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by BlackVCG
This will not work on RT valves.
Will you notice anything? Not really.

I beg to differ. Tightening up the timing does make the gun feel better :-) it's effectively what the old school mag trigger jobs were. It made a big difference on my mag...

penguinpunk555
03-13-2004, 07:11 PM
were do u put the shims. pics people.

sneakyhacker420
03-13-2004, 11:12 PM
i would like to know also - the bottom of the on/off or between the top and bottom halves of the on/off

penguinpunk555
03-13-2004, 11:13 PM
take the on/off out then place the shims in between the o ring and that round thingy. Pretty simply fits perfectly.